Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter - officially leaves for Dortmund :(

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
If he leaves for between 6-8 mil it would be frustrating but from a business point of view we’d basically have had Pascals services of the past years for free! That pretty bloody good.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Originates from this bloke and his tweet links Frankfurt as well:

He also posted this two days ago:

and seems to be posting three or four Bundesliga transfer rumours a day. He seems to be covering all bases, like those two who work for Sky.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Plettigoal is a good source for German football. Personally, if we pushed the top end of that estimation at say £10m it would be worth considering. I absolutely love Gross but that would be ok business for me, providing the funds directly contributed to a replacement

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Can only be good business if we have a ready made replacement... to me it would be better to take the hit and keep him for a year.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'd much rather we gave him a bumper new deal than sold him for 7-10m. In fact, hand on heart I'd rather we let him go on a free and just kept him for another season rather than sell him now. I appreciate that is terrible business, and probably the reason Bloom is a multi-millionaire and I'm not!

I feel like we're stepping into the unknown a bit next season, and Pascal would be a huge, reliable asset in an otherwise potentially volatile campaign.

Of course if we sell him for big money and still have a smashing season you can all laugh at me :D but I just bloody love Pascal Groß.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
I'd much rather we gave him a bumper new deal than sold him for 7-10m. In fact, hand on heart I'd rather we let him go on a free and just kept him for another season rather than sell him now. I appreciate that is terrible business, and probably the reason Bloom is a multi-millionaire and I'm not!

I feel like we're stepping into the unknown a bit next season, and Pascal would be a huge, reliable asset in an otherwise potentially volatile campaign.

Of course if we sell him for big money and still have a smashing season you can all laugh at me :D but I just bloody love Pascal Groß.
Stepping in to the unknown is a good description 😜

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
That's the problem

We probably would prefer to keep him. But pascal ain't turning down dorty and we ain't putting our foot down sadly.
So the problem in your eyes is we could be respecting the voice of a senior pro at our club. If he’s gonna go he’s gonna go; we can either do it with grace or put off others from arriving in the first place.

This. I do think that's him going if rumours are true, big loss. Potentially season defining.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What about the players wishes, hasn’t Pascal earned a voice in this conversation.
My main concern is the future of BHAFC , players and managers play a large part in that but are ultimately transient.

Him going is a big loss which I am not sure we can take IF we don't have a decent replacement hence my comment that it won't be good business if he goes and we end up struggling.

Ideally we should be able to let him go and make a few pounds but we need to make sure its sound business not sentiment that makes the ultimate decision.

He has been Brighton's second best ever player when measured on contribution over time, if he was her another 3 years he probably would be the best.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
To an extent... but ultimately he is under contract for one more year.
A year of having a player around who might not really want to be here? Yeah, great move!

I figured he'd go this summer - and good luck to him, if it plays out that way. Gutted, because he's my favourite-ever Albion player, but he's more than earned the right to do what he wants. IMO, like.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A year of having a player around who might not really want to be here? Yeah, great move!

I figured he'd go this summer - and good luck to him, if it plays out that way. Gutted, because he's my favourite-ever Albion player, but he's more than earned the right to do what he wants. IMO, like.
I’m pretty certain Tony and PBOBE will agree with this 100%.

But they’ll do everything they can to keep him until he tells them that is certain that he wants to leave. Hopefully he doesn’t.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I wonder, if De Zerbi gets the Marseille job, would he make a move for Groß ?

He would probably enquire but I suspect the lure of his homeland would be far more tempting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here