Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter - officially leaves for Dortmund :(

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Scrolling through his new agent’s website they’ve worked with Belebe and Pedro as well. They also offer all sorts of services beyond just transfers. I’m not reading too much into this; could be a number of reasons why he’s moved agents and nothing to do with wanting to leave.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Has to be our best ever player. Shame we didn’t know he’d be off at the end of the season as he’d have got an even bigger send off than RDZ.

Fingers crossed we can offer a new contract but Dortmund offer loads we can’t.

I wonder if he goes means we rekindle our interest in Dewsbury-Hall? Problem is, you don’t know what position we’d need to cover as he could play anywhere 😔

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Could have been a point Rdz and the club clashed about . Assurances about selling best players this summer
A very interesting thought.

It would be no surprise if keeping Groß was the line in the sand. Once a guarantee about him staying could not be given, the straw had broke the camel’s back and our Italian friend was history.

Sadly, if Pascal leaves, it’s nothing to do with money or ambition, it’s to do with respecting a player who has earned the right to go his own way with our blessing. Be that staying or going.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I reckon he will sign a new contract. All part of the process of his agent.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A very interesting thought.

It would be no surprise if keeping Groß was the line in the sand. Once a guarantee about him staying could not be given, the straw had broke the camel’s back and our Italian friend was history.
I doubt it. I think RDZ and the club would both like Gross to stay, but if he wants to go, there's not much the club can do. They can offer him a better contract, but if he doesn't want it................
Fall out about incoming would be my guess.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
He has to be one of the best value signings ever. Not just for us, but in the entire history of the Premier League.

£3m, seven years (hopefully more) service, 30 ( ? ) goals, however many assists, performances warranting an international call-up.

Just an incredible player and an incredible bit of business.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As much as we love pascal. And I would 10000x rather keep him. 10m for a 33 year with one year left on the contract is a hell of a lot.

That's 10m Euros. Bayern paid £100m for Kane (inc add-ons), who was 3 years younger (also with 1 year left). Kane is better and 3 years younger also counts, but Pascal looks like he could play until a later age.

Unfortunately it would be a big loss to lose Pascal at this particular time because he's the number one man to help our new coach get the players to follow his tactics.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My favourite player and to me it will be heart-breaking to see him leave.
A bigger loss the RDZ in many ways, for so long he has been the glue holding the team together and nutating players a invaluable member of the squad, money cannot replace his contribution.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Breezes into the Albion best XI ever, so intelligent and effective.

Perhaps three phases to his time with us? Great at set pieces, crossing, corners, his goals and assists kept us up. Then a brief spell about three years ago (?) when he seemed to slow and the stats dried up. Followed by 2 or 2 years of football genius. Felt sorry for him last season with poorer CM partners, the workload hindered his creative genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here