Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter - officially leaves for Dortmund :(

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
The last we'll see of Pascal is him opening the cab door, turning around... and raising his arm
No. Pascal will pretend to open the car door, he will turn but it will be a Gross dummy turn and he will then all of a sudden be on the other side of the taxi delivering a perfect au revoir….at his choice of saying au revoir.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Crook says the Albion are putting together a new deal for Gross
Problem is , unless it's something ridiculous like 200k a week we have no chance against champions league finalists with the best supporters in football on his home turf !!

(Unless it's a made up story by his agent as others have mentioned)

We need him to have a bad euros. Which is looking unlikely on early evidence.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Problem is , unless it's something ridiculous like 200k a week we have no chance against champions league finalists with the best supporters in football on his home turf !!

But they would also have to pay the right fee as well. He is one of the best producers in the EPL. He will cost $50m plus.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Like any footballer at his age the length & amount of the deal will be the most important factor. I think most clubs would look past a couple of off performances in the Euros.
In the same respect Brentford got lumped with Damsguaard who is bang average after he had a good tournament.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I’ve not really believed it (or wanted to believe it) but I’m increasingly thinking this is going to happen. Can see the press statement now ‘great servant…return home…last challenge….club didn’t want to stand in his way…’. But after losing so many key players last summer and not replacing them we can ill afford to do the same this summer. And how would we replace him for anything like the rumoured €8m he would cost? Impossible.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No chance a 33 year old with one year on his contract goes for that much.
around 7-15 million at the very most.

truth be known, we got him for peanuts, and has been worth every penny and then some.
Second only to Dunk in value to the club, our only saving grace for one more year would be we can offer him an improved package for a year with an option for both to review and he leaves next summer with our blessing and on a free, that is a gamble that Gross will have to take, in a year he may not have the same calibre German club in for him next year, that is the big risk for him.

Based on that he is going home, and the worst part about that is, we did not get to say goodbye and thank you to a real Brighton Legend

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
If he goes, he goes with the warmest of goodbyes. He's earnt the chance to make the decision on his own terms.

If he does go, we need to look forward to a new era. Central midfield is a key area we needed to work on this summer anyway so a couple of high grade, job ready recruits are required. We need to see it as an opportunity not a problem.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I’ve not really believed it (or wanted to believe it) but I’m increasingly thinking this is going to happen. Can see the press statement now ‘great servant…return home…last challenge….club didn’t want to stand in his way…’. But after losing so many key players last summer and not replacing them we can ill afford to do the same this summer. And how would we replace him for anything like the rumoured €8m he would cost? Impossible.
How is it impossible when it cost half of that to sign him in the first place? Makes no sense.
Just have to make clever signings and if needed I'm sure decent money (more than €8m) could be spent if needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here