Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter - officially leaves for Dortmund :(

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
King Gross. Will be missed, especially at times when the team is in bad form. The timing is decent though. Hope he carries them to the Bundesliga title.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's my favourite ever Albion player, but I'm totally fine with this news. I said my goodbyes to him at my last home game of the season because it was pretty much nailed on this would be happening (after it didn't happen at the end of the previous season).

He owes us nothing - he's been THE standout player in the PL era and even if he went for nothing, I would still wish him the best. An absolute legend who will be missed, but what a move for him and his family.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Pedantic point: Murray’s second against Arse got us over the required-points line that season, if my statto memory is correct.
He means the first season in the PL, it was definitely the Gross goal against Man Utd that confirmed us staying up.

Second season was a Murray penalty away to Arsenal in a 1-1 draw that confirmed us staying up.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I sometimes smile quietly about some of the hyperbole from some about Brighton players BUT what a signing Gross has been - The sort of rabbit out of the hat that only come along occasionally and that all fans yearn for. We signed Ikechi Anya for more money at a similar time, he was dog sh*t.
I think what's helped is his longevity. We've actually signed a few "rabbit out of a hat players", the problem is they've mainly been sold before they reach any level of legendary status. I count my blessing every day that people only started to notice Gross after he turned 31

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think this is a great idea.

However, my two year term as the NSC FAB Correspondent has ended. The new twelve strong FAB board is about to be announced.

Can I suggest you send these (and any other) ideas to the FAB at FanAdvisoryBoard@brightonandhovealbion.com

They have a working group on improving the Amex and the atmosphere and this would feed in to that.
I’ll email them.

But I have emailed that address before with similar suggestions and either got no response or a quick ‘thanks, sounds good’ but no details on actually how to action the suggestion.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Working with Pascal watching over me today has got me feeling emotional 😢 This one is never coming down.

1000012516.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The club montage of his greatest exploits is going to be a long reel, has to finish with his goal celebration for the 4th v Chelsea, "It's over".
Every Cruyff turn, from any player, from now on, has to be cheered with "GROSS!".

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He means the first season in the PL, it was definitely the Gross goal against Man Utd that confirmed us staying up.

Second season was a Murray penalty away to Arsenal in a 1-1 draw that confirmed us staying up.
Nah, I meant that it was Murray’s second in the 2-1 win at home to Arse back in March 2018 that actually got us over the line as far as points needed to be 17th were concerned.

The following year, it would’ve been a Palace player - don’t ask me who - that scored the winner to give them a 3-2 win over Cardiff, which secured our safety the day before that 1-1 at Arse.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Dance, die Legende, und auf Wiedersehen.

My favourite ever Albion player, toppling Sergei from the top of that list.

So many great memories and just wish the great man all the best at Dortmund.

We need to designate a day as PG day! The day he signed for us in 2017? His birthday? Both are in the close season, so how about the day he turned Fred twice when we demolished UTD a couple of seasons back?

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Dance, die Legende, und auf Wiedersehen.

My favourite ever Albion player, toppling Sergei from the top of that list.

So many great memories and just wish the great man all the best at Dortmund.

We need to designate a day as PG day! The day he signed for us in 2017? His birthday? Both are in the close season, so how about the day he turned Fred twice when we demolished UTD a couple of seasons back?
Danke, not dance, you berk!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Nah, I meant that it was Murray’s second in the 2-1 win at home to Arse back in March 2018 that actually got us over the line as far as points needed to be 17th were concerned.

The following year, it would’ve been a Palace player - don’t ask me who - that scored the winner to give them a 3-2 win over Cardiff, which secured our safety the day before that 1-1 at Arse.
Yes Murray’s goal got us to 34 points but we weren’t mathematically safe (as in the some of the sides in the bottom 3 could have still caught us) until we beat Man United. So Pascal Gross will always be credited with the goal that kept us up that season.

I’d forgotten that Palace played Cardiff the day before, Andros Townsend scored the winner in that game.

Although applying the logic for Glenn Murray’s goal against Arsenal keeping us up. It was Pascal Gross goal against Newcastle that got us to 35 points that season which was enough for 17th place.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Auf widersehen Pascal und danke.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would love to see a permanent flag on the back of the north stand, to go with the stand or fall banner, that is tribute to our important players from this era. Gross, dunk, solly etc…

@Barry Izbak

Get Dogma to design it & we fund it? Could the FAB help with logistics?

I think a tribute to the Holy Trinity of Dunk, Pascal and Solly would be great. And the fact that Pascal is in there with two local one club lads shows how highly he is rated :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here