Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter - officially leaves for Dortmund :(

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A sad day for us, but I think the timing is right for this move. I am also delighted for Pascal that he has got the move he wanted. Dortmund provide him with a great opportunity to play at the highest level as career reaches its twilight years, I'll certainly be keeping tabs on him.

I also echo the sentiment about getting a friendly sorted for next summer, we need an opportunity to show our appreciation.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
A sad day for us, but I think the timing is right for this move. I am also delighted for Pascal that he has got the move he wanted. Dortmund provide him with a great opportunity to play at the highest level as career reaches its twilight years, I'll certainly be keeping tabs on him.

I also echo the sentiment about getting a friendly sorted for next summer, we need an opportunity to show our appreciation.
100% this. Sad day, love the guy, but completely understand the move.

Thanks for everything, Herr Groß, you really are a Brighton legend.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Unbelievable that after everything he has done, we are still going to make a profit.

First goal in the EPL, Goal that kept us up in that season, top goal scorer in the EPL, top assist maker, multiple player of the season awards, scored against Soton to confirm European Qualification, scored the goal that started the come back in Marseille and what we will remember most?

For me, this wonder:

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
Thank you Pascal. It has been an absolute pleasure. Our first goals in the Premier League. And, and the 4 - 1 win against Palace, when he won the ball back in midfield, moves (may have been running but it's too slow to tell) forward and receives the ball back, glides into the box and elegantly puts a defender on his arse before an exquisite pass for Buonanotte to score, is simply magnificent. It still makes me happy watching it now. Auf Wiedersehen Pascal, and thank you for everything.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Pedantic point: Murray’s second against Arse got us over the required-points line that season, if my statto memory is correct.

With aftersight it turned out that Murray's winner against Arsenal had got us to the points total that ended up being what was needed once the season was finished, but Pascal's winner against United made us mathematically safe regardless of how other results went. It was that Friday night that we were able to celebrate survival.

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
For who ? He was at the Euros and then I imagine a much-needed holiday. Hardly a surprise
No surprise but all the speculation has been akin to having teeth drawn, painful…for me anyway!

Delighted we will soon be able to move on and discuss players who will be and want to be here. I am not thanking and lauding him on a daily basis. Best ever signing, now we can move on. It’s almost like some have been locking themselves in their rooms and mourning for most of the summer :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thanks Pascal

Hope we see you again one day for a proper reception

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
First name on the team sheet for all three PL era coaches. Sent defenders to the shops for fun. Legendary assists total and some vital goals. Could play anywhere except Goalkeeper.

People sometimes moaned about his pace, but if he had that as well I've no doubt his career would have been spent at Bayren Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid or Man City. As it was we got to have him and keep him for a bargain price.

Up there with Ward, Lawrenson and Dunk as our most important players ever.

No bad feelings from me, only thanks and best wishes. Smash it at BVB Pascal (y)

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Is it for the FAB to discuss a Pascal tribute at the Amex with the club? @Barry Izbak Would be brilliant if we could put something at the ground (maybe not a statue as such but some kind of permanent installation!) and invite Pascal back to unveil it over the Bundesliga Xmas break for an appreciation day or something.
I would love to see a permanent flag on the back of the north stand, to go with the stand or fall banner, that is tribute to our important players from this era. Gross, dunk, solly etc…

@Barry Izbak

Get Dogma to design it & we fund it? Could the FAB help with logistics?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I think this is a great idea.

However, my two year term as the NSC FAB Correspondent has ended. The new twelve strong FAB board is about to be announced.

Can I suggest you send these (and any other) ideas to the FAB at FanAdvisoryBoard@brightonandhovealbion.com

They have a working group on improving the Amex and the atmosphere and this would feed in to that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here