Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew Sacked [merged]

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The fact that some scummer fans are linking themselves with Martin O'neill sums up why I dislike them so much, they really do think they are something special.

Eddie Howe is definately their best bet, hes doing a great job. Or as an outsider, Sean O'Driscoll from Doncaster would be a good appointment for them. Ex Bournemouth and despite Donny currently being a league higher I would say the scum have got more long term potential. Plays good football too.

Personally I hope they appoint some horrible useless cretin like Wise and end up mid table again

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
From the BBC comments...

When Pardew was appointed by Cortese it was on his experience at Managing at the highest level but I feel Cortese then realised quite early on that whilst Pardew was a good Manager he did not demonstrate the qualities required to take us as far forward as first thought.

Pardew is a good man and can be proud of his achievements at Southampton FC but he was never the man to take us all the way. He did not have the tactical nous or demonstrate the ability to take us to the higher level. That is of course only my opinion but one it seems shared by Cortese.

Informed sources indicated to me that Pardew wanted out but was not prepared to just walk. His body language at interviews was telling. However he appeared a proud man and honest. He would have been giving the job 100% despite his reservations.

We now have to hope Cortese listens to experienced football advisors and picks the right man for the job. It needs to be a man who has a good track record at lower level and shows ability to go all the way. We do not want a high profile Manager who has not proved himself at this level. He has to be someone who has the ability to get us promotion in this league and grow into the job as we reach higher levels.

I would be looking at Eddie Howe of Bournemouth but with one big reservation. He did fine without money and with a limited player pool. How would he perform with Southampton’s wealth ant talent pool?

Down the road at Brighton we have Gus Poyet. Another rising Managerial star but does he have the temperament to work with Cortese?

We need to support Cortese at this time. We need to give him space. He holds the purse strings. He is the key to success or failure at Saints. If he goes the money will likely go with him. We will be sold and I would hate to see an owner with limited funds just trying to boost his ego running a football club. Cortese has an ego but it is ambition not wanting to be seen at the head of a football club with his toy.

My best wishes to Pardew for the future. Some magical moments but likewise some real frustration at times.

As for the strange timing I wonder how much that has to do with only putting on our new signing with a few minutes to go. Was that a final reminder to Cortese who picks the players and team on the pitch? Was it the final straw Cortese was waiting for? Who knows, we can only speculate.

Or more pertinently, does Poyet have the natural intelligence to avoid such a basket case club like Southampton? Well, of course he does.

Notwithstanding that, it's a post which sums up the preposterous arrogance of Southampton fans. They still have not grasped the fact that they are NOT a Premiership club, and their deluded fantasy that there are something of a catch is only ever going to feed their underlying problems.

It's only when they get round to realising that they are in the Third Division on merit as a result of their own brain-frying way in which they conduct themselves that they can finally start climbing the leagues. Until then...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
F.

Notwithstanding that, it's a post which sums up the preposterous arrogance of Southampton fans. They still have not grasped the fact that they are NOT a Premiership club, and their deluded fantasy that there are something of a catch is only ever going to feed their underlying problems.

It's only when they get round to realising that they are in the Third Division on merit as a result of their own brain-frying way in which they conduct themselves that they can finally start climbing the leagues. Until then...

I see that someone on the comments page suggests Steve McClaren. Let's see, a guy whose English club experience is in the Prem, who won the Dutch league title with an unfashionable team and who's been head-hunted for a top Bundesliga side... yes, he's really going to leave one of Europe's best leagues to join a third division English club, isn't he?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
alan-pardew_1367648c.jpg

NEVER FORGET.

bye bye.

TWAT

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hopefully all your fingers will fall off and you want be posting any more.
Hopefully your eyes fall out, and then when you're shuffling around trying to find them and pick them up off the floor you tread on them, and you're in bare feet and you feel them squash and burst.

:thumbsup:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Notwithstanding that, it's a post which sums up the preposterous arrogance of Southampton fans. ...

I dunno, it's not a million miles off some of the posts on here whenever we, also a League One club, want a new manager or a new striker. Some of the names suggested veer towards the insane.

And to be fair, the poster is only asking if manager X, in this case Poyet, could work with their crazy chief exec. I'm not sure anyone could.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Hopefully your eyes fall out, and then when you're shuffling around trying to find them and pick them up off the floor you tread on them, and you're in bare feet and you feel them squash and burst.

:thumbsup:

Hopefully your right arm will burst then you wont be able to sign the cheque to buy a ticket for your new shiny stadium and you'll be left outside while everyone else is cheering and smiling. You would then be rendered throughly bum-swizzled.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I see that someone on the comments page suggests Steve McClaren. Let's see, a guy whose English club experience is in the Prem, who won the Dutch league title with an unfashionable team and who's been head-hunted for a top Bundesliga side... yes, he's really going to leave one of Europe's best leagues to join a third division English club, isn't he?

Not sure where youre getting this from but we are fully aware that Oneill is way out of our league as is Mclaren. Personally my only favourite is Phil Brown who got Hull from the lower reaches of the champinoship to the prem. Not sure he's that much out of our reach, especially if promissed some wonga.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hopefully your right arm will burst then you wont be able to sign the cheque to buy a ticket for your new shiny stadium and you'll be left outside while everyone else is cheering and smiling. You would then be rendered throughly bum-swizzled.
In all my years as a broadcaster, including four as a hospital radio disc jockey, no one has ever come up to me and said "my arm's just burst... could you play a dedication?".

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
That's a real shame. I remember writing on here that the one reason I am unsure Southampton would win the league, and the reason I wouldn't bet on them, is Pardew. Shame they sussed that out so early :cry:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not sure where youre getting this from but we are fully aware that Oneill is way out of our league as is Mclaren. Personally my only favourite is Phil Brown who got Hull from the lower reaches of the champinoship to the prem. Not sure he's that much out of our reach, especially if promissed some wonga.

Champinoship??

Stick with agent wilkins my scumster friend. I would'nt bother with the post match interview though.

Dean makes Ray sound like a great wit and racontuer.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That quote from TLO is hilarious:

We need some one with lots of managerial experience and track record at this level = Gus Poyet :dunce:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

As TLO said, from the BBC comments page.

You may well be aware that O'Neill and McClaren are out of your league, but it's clear that some of your fellow fans aren't.

But, as Tooting Gull, says, some of the strikers' our fans have suggested recently have been equally outlandish and I'm sure that if Poyet goes, we'll see someone suggest O'Neill or Curbishley.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Their press release made great play of needing someone with the ability to link the whole club from youth academy to first team

the day after saying to the press that he would go to the Board for more funds to bring in more players he was sacked and the only people retained were the two with experience of youth development.

They will get the job full time IMO (of course after '"an extensive search which will reveal that there is no-one better currently available and they deserve the chance"). I bet if I could be bothered to check the timing is such that they have a run of very winnable games for the caretaker team

This has all the signs of a club whose new owners have said they will not be as generous with their dosh as daddy was! They may not be skint bur they are running out of silly money to spend. Welcome to the real world!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Their press release made great play of needing someone with the ability to link the whole club from youth academy to first team

the day after saying to the press that he would go to the Board for more funds to bring in more players he was sacked and the only people retained were the two with experience of youth development.

They will get the job full time IMO (of course after '"an extensive search which will reveal that there is no-one better currently available and they deserve the chance"). I bet if I could be bothered to check the timing is such that they have a run of very winnable games for the caretaker team

This has all the signs of a club whose new owners have said they will not be as generous with their dosh as daddy was! They may not be skint bur they are running out of silly money to spend. Welcome to the real world!

What an interesting and well thought out post.

Seems to have more credence than anything else I've read.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here