Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew Sacked [merged]

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps they'll offer a representation cast in bronze

Exclusive footage of the mystery new boss, as seen in the Southampton Echo.

pardew.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Makes me think there must have been something else going on. Ok, they've had a slow start but 4 nil away to Bristol Rovers is a great result in this division and looked to have got them going. I still think they'll go up, look at the squad they've got, so on the face of it this looks like an absurd decision.

I have to agree, whatever some people say Pardew did a pretty good job last season considering they started ten points behind anybody else. Finishing seventh and winning the Paint Pot is pretty good going. I know he had a lot of money for transfers and wages but even so money isn't everything. If it was Man City would have won the Premiershite already.

It does seem like a very strange decision.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Eddie Howe Favorite at the moment 3/1 then;-

Tisdale 6/1
Phil Brown 8/1
Hoddle 10/1
Zola 10/1
Wilkins (D) 12/1

Gus not on there at all. I don't reckon he would go anyway!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Thinking about it, had their chairman not passed away Pardew might have gone after the draw with Orient.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have to agree, whatever some people say Pardew did a pretty good job last season considering they started ten points behind anybody else. Finishing seventh and winning the Paint Pot is pretty good going. I know he had a lot of money for transfers and wages but even so money isn't everything. If it was Man City would have won the Premiershite already.

It does seem like a very strange decision.

Guess they're looking at Leeds who made the play offs despite a fifteen (?) point deduction.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Tisdale 6/1
Phil Brown 8/1
Hoddle 10/1
Zola 10/1
Wilkins (D) 12/1

Be a kick in the nuts for Bournemouth if Howe went, not sure he will though. Tisdale might be a good call as he's not that far away geographically and is at a club that will be paying him far less than SFC could.

But I think Southampton will aim higher, as befits a club of their immense stature.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Micky Adams must be in the frame, being an ex Southampton player and doing a reasonable job at Port Vale.

Think he's too tainted by failures by now. He's no hot property.

I'd like a wild card in the mix, how about Matthew Le Tissier? I bet a few of their fans have suggested it :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
.... so upon awakening this morning, I discovered Lua Lua was finally signing on loan and Pardew had been sacked.... which was nice.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Feel sorry for Wilkins, doubt he will get the job full time and his position will be up in the air and he might find himself out of work again.
As for Pardew well hahahahaha

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Tisdale 6/1
Phil Brown 8/1
Hoddle 10/1
Zola 10/1
Wilkins (D) 12/1

I am not convinced Southampton fans will be overly impressed with that list. Howe and Tisdale have done fantastic jobs at their clubs but I think they expect a big name after sacking Pardew. As for the others, I would laugh if they got any of them, especially Hoddle. I suppose Brown would be okay but he seemed to lose it at Hull towards the end. If nothing else, it must at least mean they are not going to come in for any of our transfer targets in the next two days.

As for Pardew, I can't say I am surprised, as there have been rumours all summer, although coming after a 4-0 away win and with the transfer window about to close is odd timing.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Whats the real story then redneb? I know there are so many crazy sackings these days, but what has Pardew done other than have a couple of dodgy results at the start of the season? Even with Pardew, I would of thought a top 4 finish was nailed on for Saints?

Writing on the wall for a while now. In the summer he seemed certain to go but fan power twisted Cortese's arm. Fact is Cortese's had a personal problem with AP since day 1. This is not a footballing decision.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Writing on the wall for a while now. In the summer he seemed certain to go but fan power twisted Cortese's arm. Fact is Cortese's had a personal problem with AP since day 1. This is not a footballing decision.

This is very much how I envisage the meeting went :lolol:

[yt]m6DFEjsVz9w[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here