Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pardew faces the sack

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
with steve cotterill taking over:lol::lol: according to southampton news 30 mins ago

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Alan Pardew faces Southampton sack as club line up Steve Cotterill as replacement
By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 8:18 PM on 11th May 2010
Comments (0) Add to My Stories
Out: Southampton manager Alan Pardew
Southampton manager Alan Pardew is expected to leave the club today after being summoned to a meeting with chairman Nicola Cortese.

Pardew faces the sack for failing to get his side into the play-offs - despite being handicapped with a 10-point deduction and winning the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

Sportsmail revealed that the board were unhappy with former West Ham boss Pardew, who still has two years left on his contract, after he spent £3million in January but failed to deliver a top-six finish.

Notts County manager Steve Cotterill is a likely contender to replace him after he clinched the League Two title, losing just one game out of 18

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1277623/Alan-Pardew-faces-Southampton-sack-club-line-Steve-Cotterill-replacement.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0neXIT9Yn

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Bit of a joke really, I wouldn't be overly surprised to see they fluff it next season. On the plus side Cotteril is surely going to want to bring in some of his own men and I doubt people like Barnard will want to be 3rd choice, could potentially pick up a decent player or two, better yet it leaves Calderon (deservedly) with no offers from anyone :lolol:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Funny as feck if this turns out to be true. I'm just hoping somebody popped up to Withers to give Gus a pen tbh - coz you know what those theiving Stains bastards are like.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Haha Calderon you f***ing twat :facepalm:
I hate Pardew aswell so even better!

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Good. Hope he goes to Palace and F*cks that up as well. They will love his style of hoof ball. On the downside, anyone worth their salt who takes the Saints job will know Calderon is quality and keep him. Better than any full back they have got already.

Hopefully that fat knacker Lambert will go elsewhere too.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Calderon now shitting bricks...

Haha Calderon you f***ing twat :facepalm:
I hate Pardew aswell so even better!

I imagine if Cotterill does take over, someone at Southampton, or possibly even Calderon himself will mention the potential deal, and if Cotterill takes a look at Calderon's performances from last season then he's not going to get much better on a free transfer.

No Pardew, doesn't mean no Calderon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here