Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panic at the Pumps.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How long does a tank last you then?

As a matter of course, I reckon a tank lasts us about 2 weeks with trips to nursery and work etc.

However I need to fill up today/tomorrow to drive back to Sussex at the weekend and I'll also need to either fill up there or on the way back in order to get home again. I'm wondering if these pesky Union rascals (read: wankers) are going to stop me seeing the Middlesbrough game.

I have a 250 mile drive tomorrow to our holiday in Wales. I have to either fill up today, or pay the daylight robbery prices on the motorway, in the morning. If this all goes pear-shaped and I can't get back next week, because of these wankers, my sympathies will be very thin.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
How long does a tank last you then?

As a matter of course, I reckon a tank lasts us about 2 weeks with trips to nursery and work etc.

However I need to fill up today/tomorrow to drive back to Sussex at the weekend and I'll also need to either fill up there or on the way back in order to get home again. I'm wondering if these pesky Union rascals (read: wankers) are going to stop me seeing the Middlesbrough game.

It's diesel and it's one of the most economical cars on the market. I only really use it at weekends but need to drive from Sussex and London and back a few times in the next few weeks.

Hopefully those Union scallywags (read: militant fuckwits) won't get the better of me

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think you miss the point. Workers join a trade union to promote their interests at work not to carry out a public duty. Unfortunately you've mistaken us for a public service, if you think we should put the interests of car drivers over those of our members.

To be honest, its you and the tanker drivers that are missing the wider point.

The country's economy is on its knees. Had that passed you by? This type of action, will cause many millions of pounds of further harm to that fragile economy, causing thousands more job losses in all sectors. Thousands of the people who you want to show SUPPORT for these drivers.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
To be honest, its you and the tanker drivers that are missing the wider point.

The country's economy is on its knees. Had that passed you by? This type of action, will cause many millions of pounds of further harm to that fragile economy, causing thousands more job losses in all sectors. Thousands of the people who you want to show SUPPORT for these drivers.

This. How do they not grasp this?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't read all this thread but I take it there has been discussion about the f***ing GOVERNMENT basically WILLING people to use jerry cans. Aside from the safety aspect of people storing PETROL in their garages has anyone thought that this could be a political move to harm the unions?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I agree it is on its knees, but that is not due to a bunch of tanker drivers though. The industry which brought the country to its knees has just had its tax rate cut from 50% to 45%.

Tory MP'S ?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Just found some good old STATS on the Guardian site... How so few can f*** it all up for so many really is beyond me.

Members of Unite working for five fuel distribution firms delivering fuel for household names, including Tesco, Sainsbury's, BP, Shell and Esso, backed the call for strike action by an average of 69%. Turnouts across the five companies averaged 77.7%.

The results for the seven companies involved in the ballot are:

• Turners: 94.4% in favour on a turnout of 81.8%

• Norbert Dentressangle: 74.8% in favour on a turnout of 71.3%

• Wincanton: 68.4% in favour on a turnout of 71.9%

• BP: 60.2% in favour on a turnout of 85.8%

• Hoyer: 59.7% in favour on a turnout of 79.7%.

• DHL: drivers narrowly voted against strike action (44.6%), but voted in favour of action short of a strike (53%)

• Suckling: voted against strike action (85%) and action short of strike (76%).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree it is on its knees, but that is not due to a bunch of tanker drivers though. The industry which brought the country to its knees has just had its tax rate cut from 50% to 45%.

That's irrelevant to this discussion.

They are still asking for public support for action which will harm all of us.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Gordon Brown and the American sub-prime mortgage industry?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Have they gone on strike yet? No

Are they in discussions at ACAS? Yes

Has there been any disruption to deliveries to date? No

Has every Daily 'You don't need to be mentally subnormal to read this paper but it helps' Express reader dashed to the pumps to put in £6 worth of petrol 'just in case'. YES

I'm amazed that that #PrayForAResolutionToTheTankerDriversDispute isn't yet trending on Twitter

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have a 250 mile drive tomorrow to our holiday in Wales. I have to either fill up today, or pay the daylight robbery prices on the motorway, in the morning. If this all goes pear-shaped and I can't get back next week, because of these wankers, my sympathies will be very thin.

I'm happy to look after yur season ticket if u can't get back until season endsb..just as a favour like

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Have they gone on strike yet? No

Are they in discussions at ACAS? Yes

Has there been any disruption to deliveries to date? No

Has every Daily 'You don't need to be mentally subnormal to read this paper but it helps' Express reader dashed to the pumps to put in £6 worth of petrol 'just in case'. YES

I'm amazed that that #PrayForAResolutionToTheTankerDriversDispute isn't yet trending on Twitter

Far to sensible a post ..yur banned

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm happy to look after yur season ticket if u can't get back until season endsb..just as a favour like

My three season tickets are in safe hands for Saturday. I'll be back for the Reading game, even if I have to walk back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here