Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panic at the Pumps.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
So is it ACAS sometime next week ? If so the talks will rumble on for a day or two and then break-up without agreement and with the strike 'still on' and the good old 'British' motorist will start queing again !!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Maybe you'd like to vote for the good of the nation, and the long term instead of yourself and the short term.

But nobody REALLY does that though do they ?

Allegedly people who vote Tory are only looking out for number one but aren't those that join unions really only doing the same ? This strike, nor the recent BA strike, nor the underground strikes a while ago where ANYTHING to do with the good of the country - they were for personal gain of the members. It's rather rich of people to accuse Tory voters of being self centred when people who join unions or support the Labour party are doing the EXACT same thing. And this wasn't pointed at you personally Don - I just quoted your post because it seemed the most pertinent.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Allegedly people who vote Tory are only looking out for number one but aren't those that join unions really only doing the same ?

no, no, no. people join unions for the benefit of the collective, the solidarity with their other workers. any assistance or benefit they might gain is purely a side effect.

D

Deleted member 22389

I just hope we don't have another load of panic buying, personally it does my head in. If it does happen again, I will leave my car on the drive and use public transport and let everyone else fight over the few drops.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
no, no, no. people join unions for the benefit of the collective, the solidarity with their other workers. any assistance or benefit they might gain is purely a side effect.

My union does a fantastic job for me, and ensures that standards are not compromised so that clients benefit too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here