Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panic at the Pumps.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm struggling to feel sorry for you.
Plooks missed my point completely and that's due to student knowledge:lol:
I stated that I paid over 2k to pass my class 2 in recent times......I stated I don't want unemployed people getting this training for free as it would seriously piss me off as I spent my own money doing this.

He then presumed that these tanker drivers who are class 1 drivers have paid 3k+ to pass these tests:lol: actually these tanker drivers have probably had their licences for 20 odd years in which was bloody easy to get back then.

Driving lorries is becoming a skilled job now,and the theory and practical tests are getting harder and harder,the CPC training is continuos aswell,very very expensive now to pass all.

People who expect big wages from university need to think again:glare:

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
I wonder what proportion of the panic buying morons filling up like lemmings went to university?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Great British Public has acted in it's usual intelligent way... I have about 25 miles worth of juice left in my car so I thought I would top up on the way back from work with my usual £25's worth but that is impossible because of selfish idiots. I wouldn't mind but the petrol they are greedily grabbing now will probably be gone by the time any strikes actually occur !

It was the same with Northern Rock, the greedy unintelligent idiots panicking it brought them down.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The Great British Public has acted in it's usual intelligent way... I have about 25 miles worth of juice left in my car so I thought I would top up on the way back from work with my usual £25's worth but that is impossible because of selfish idiots. I wouldn't mind but the petrol they are greedily grabbing now will probably be gone by the time any strikes actually occur !

It was the same with Northern Rock, the greedy unintelligent idiots panicking it brought them down.
Totally agree people nowadays really are gullible thick shites.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This is just daft. A strike date hasn't even been announced yet. By the time that they get round to striking the muppets cluttering up the forecourts today will have run out of this tank full and possibly several more.

If I run out, I run out. Sod it. I'm not important enough to warrant an extra tank full so it's time to get the bike out of the shed.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon

Well - also the greedy unintellegent idiots who thought it was a good idea to offer 125% mortgages.

Edit: and the greedy unintellegent idiots who failed to regulate them, and the greedy unintellegent idiot PM who was fiddling while Rome burned.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Surely the problem will be HM Govt need 1,000 plus and FREE ACCESS to depots ? Let's face it the SWP,The Green's 'rent a mob' Claim's direct will all be there at the depot gate.

2 of the 7 contractor's drivers wont be involved in industrial action plus there will be scabs at the other 5. Lots of Police overtime to ensure access to the depots , if they are unable to beat the shit out of the "rent a mob" protesters then they're not doing their job properly.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
2 of the 7 contractor's drivers wont be involved in industrial action plus there will be scabs at the other 5. Lots of Police overtime to ensure access to the depots , if they are unable to beat the shit out of the "rent a mob" protesters then they're not doing their job properly.

Sounds sense until Claims direct and 'Elf & Safety turn-up (and they will be there)

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
A timely boost for the coffers with everyone going petrol crazy, no?

That's what I thought. The whole thing seems stage managed by the government. Quick boost in oil tax returns, Milliband put in difficult position re UNITE, and probably winnable fight given the planning that seems to have been done this time round. One thing is for sure, the petrol golden goose has not been looked after properly by successive governments, with something like 40% of capacity having been lost since the last crisis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here