Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palarse sold out allocation

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
dont you have to make a profit to pay tax ?
Unless tickets are subject to VAT ... not sure, that would be very naughty though.

Don't know the exact details of it, but it didn't take a genius to realise that there were a few more than 18k at the West Brom game, and a couple of more economically clued-up guys on the HOL explained it was almost certainly a tax avoidance measure.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not sure how it works for away fans but one of the park and rides is your best option. Home fans need travel vouchers to use these but away fans might just need to show their ticket. Definitely have to arrive early though as they fill up quick

Wont all the P&R sites have parking marshalls checking for travel vouchers at the entrance with 400 less parking spaces at the Uni car parks on a weeknight ? Parking in Coldean and Moulsecoomb could well be monitored by parking wardens anxious to issue loads of penalty tickets to appease local residents. Might be best to park in a side street 5 or 10 minutes walk away from Hove station and get the train to Falmer.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Your average tickets sales are bound to peak on the back of a promotion and new arena, thats just gonna happen at any clob but once things return to normal and people get pissed of with the lack of infastruture and you have a bad run which will happen gus poyet fucks off to a bigger and better club lets say someone like Palace but no thanks our manager is sound then the hard core support will only remain and i'd say if you stay in the championship (forget premiershite that aint happening IMHO WEST HAM, MIDDLEBOROUGH, LEICESTER) for a sustained period of time and with an average crowd of 11000 max your chairmen will only see his debt getting larger then its sell sell sell and bye bye bye to the bumboys from the beach back down to the lower end of the football league which if were gonna be honest about it is about right......grammer police get a life and f*** off i cant be arsed it doesnt make you any smarter than me trust me it dont ;) bye for now ladies

Have you ever heard of a thing called a full stop? Forget grammar, but it's heard to read a diatribe under those circumstances.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
No, just leave your ill-concealed fantasies to the side for a moment. It's really hurting for you lot, all this, isn't it? 25 years of having the upper hand, and all of a sudden now it's your cup final. Which you probably need to win, or we'll be gone.
In all seriousness, it's all a bit bemusing. After you being so shit for the past 30 years, hopping from ground to ground (Pikeys?) with your 6,000 crowds, having the odd season flirt with us, then getting relegated again, getting beat 5-0 etc etc..And then you pop up from nowhere with your £100m wonky warehouse, £3.5m signings, 19,000+ crowds, top of the f***ing Championship.

We're just trying to acclimatise to it, that's all ;)

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I appreciate a Brighton fan who's not trying to be smart and snide for no apparent reason.

Our ground is in dire straits to put it lightly. Personally, I love the atmosphere that is generated, particularly from the Arthur Wait stand (the away fans are situated to the right of this) and of course I have a bond towards Selhurst, but almost all Palace fans are in agreement that either drastic investment in Selhurst is needed (which is highly unlikely to go through) or a move. The Main Stand has pretty much stood there, unaltered, since the ground was put up, and we have drain leakages, pigeon nesting etc.

A move would be great in rejuvinating our image and attendances. Bringing us back to our birthplace, and creating a ground that, similarly to yours, can be grown if we ever reach the poisoned chalice of the Premiership.

We've been so lucky that everything has all come together at the right time (Bloom taking over, Poyet becoming manager and building the best brighton squad most fans have ever seen and then the stadium opening). You can't just rely on a new ground to bring the crowds. Freedman is currently doing the business for you and should that continue then yes you'll be in the same position as us with sell outs and great investment in the team. You just need Freedman to continue the work and build a quality side that are challenging the top half of the league, despite what most say on here Palace are a bloody well supported club and the numbers will be there to fill 20k+ should the team be doing well

se3eagle

Banned
Aug 30, 2011
Have you ever heard of a thing called a full stop? Forget grammar, but it's heard to read a diatribe under those circumstances.

wow look at you!!! whatever isnt she good at english done yes i could have taken my time but you should still be able to read and understand ......f*** me what are you all students of english bore off!!!!

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
no debts pah do you actually believe that!!

Yes it happens when you have a chairman with a good business sense and a business plan. It also helps when the chairman is a born supporter, not just some moron who this it is like running a burger van.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
wow look at you!!! whatever isnt she good at english done yes i could have taken my time but you should still be able to read and understand ......f*** me what are you all students of english bore off!!!!

Mate did why did you join this forum?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
In all seriousness, it's all a bit bemusing. After you being so shit for the past 30 years, hopping from ground to ground (Pikeys?) with your 6,000 crowds, having the odd season flirt with us, then getting relegated again, getting beat 5-0 etc etc..And then you pop up from nowhere with your £100m wonky warehouse, £3.5m signings, 19,000+ crowds, top of the f***ing Championship.

We're just trying to acclimatise to it, that's all ;)

Just hold your nose and fart, that should be enough for you to acclimatise.

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
I appreciate a Brighton fan who's not trying to be smart and snide for no apparent reason.

Our ground is in dire straits to put it lightly. Personally, I love the atmosphere that is generated, particularly from the Arthur Wait stand (the away fans are situated to the right of this) and of course I have a bond towards Selhurst, but almost all Palace fans are in agreement that either drastic investment in Selhurst is needed (which is highly unlikely to go through) or a move. The Main Stand has pretty much stood there, unaltered, since the ground was put up, and we have drain leakages, pigeon nesting etc.

A move would be great in rejuvinating our image and attendances. Bringing us back to our birthplace, and creating a ground that, similarly to yours, can be grown if we ever reach the poisoned chalice of the Premiership.

As said and you all know, we have been there and have been ridiculed by plenty of Palace fans as well as others during that period, but we also recognise the support we received. We are now enjoying our best period since the late 70's - early 80's. A lot of the fans that go to games today never new those times, only the bad times. Many albion fans have said that they would support you IF you were in a similar position to we were and Plymouth are. These posts degenerate into 'my dads bigger than your dad' Thats the nature of the beast.

I admit that i am enjoying the change in status at the present time but still want the rivalry to continue so do not wish you to go through the pain we did.

I have been to Selhurst about 5 times over the years and also the Albion and the passion is no less now than then.

The banter is good! Up the Albion, down with Palace! It's great that the rivalry is back!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here