Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palarse Carling Cup Semi final

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Shows you now F*** all about this league then, give it another 25 years at this level and come back with some more stats.

Like how many creditors can we shaft whilst doing it? How many administrations do we have to have to achieve such a lofty position?

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Shows you now F*** all about this league then, give it another 25 years at this level and come back with some more stats.

I think in 25 years we'll be in premiership and you .... out of business lol unless you get a sugar daddy and fans that go to your games.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Our forth Carling cup or shall we say league cup semi final, how many times have these jealous BHA sad cnuts been in the semi's.

Here BHA average attendances
England historical attendance and performance
CPFC
Average attendances - Crystal Palace FC Supporters' Website - The Holmesdale Online

Cant be @rsed to the average over that many years but bet your still not anywhere near us :D:wanker::wanker::wanker::shit:
3-1 Still hurt does it?

5k in the earlier rounds of the Carling Cup. Where did these extra 20k fans who will be there tonight come from?

:thumbsup: :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Like how many creditors can we shaft whilst doing it? How many administrations do we have to have to achieve such a lofty position?

You are I'm afraid speaking to ears that won't listen. Always the bragging about years in the top two leagues blah blah blah, yet never the guts to admit that their 'lofty'position in football was achieved through cheating and stealing. I'd like to know if any Palace fan actually thinks they were in the wrong.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Are you sure about that? Struggling? I'm f***ing buzzing for the game. There is only 500 odd restricted view tickets left and this will be our biggest attendance of the season by quite a way. Not to mention we've sold our 4,000 allocation for the away leg (Cardiff can only sell 2,500 for us)

Struggling to get excited? f***ing hell. :D

Yeah. You're buzzing but you're a die-hard fan who's so excited about it that you are gloating about it on your rival's forum. The fact that CPFC are trying every trick in the book to get the not-so-die-hards to attend suggest that it was having a little bit of a problem generating excitement about it.

The likes of you and me will always go to see our team. It's the fairweather fans who your club are trying to attract. And judging by your attendances so far this season it's a very real problem for your board. The fact that they need to pull stunts like this to attract fans to prestige one-off games kind of hints at a deeper malaise. Fair play to them for trying different ways to attract the fairweathers but to deny that there is a problem is just blinkered.

bigjon

Oct 12, 2003
seeing as you pikey`s quite rightly point out, that you have been in a different league from us for years, so its quite obviously not just for us on 31/1/12 could you explain this place, the london gay man bar, just 2.2 miles away from smelhurst.

London Gay Man in Croydon, Croydon, Gay Clubs, Gay Cafes Gay Bars in Croydon CR0 - Touch Croydon

or how about pre carling cup semi final drinks at this place, just 1.1 miles from smelhurst

the Bird in Hand in Croydon, Croydon, Gay Clubs, Gay Cafes Gay Bars in Croydon CR0 - Touch Croydon

turns out you have gay bars nearer to your sh*thole, than we do to our so called gamex, and you call us gay, how very dare you

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
We don't need to buy expensive players, our academy makes them. We only buy in positions the academy can't currently fill. interesting how you claim that we don't spend money on players, but also pay Murray massive wages? Can't have it both ways...

Unlike yourselves, who waste money on players like Harley. We spent just over £1m in the last transfer window and we've done bloody well this season. We buy most of our talent from abroad and as such we get very good deals on very good players (see Parr for 300k, Jedinak etc)

A great academy + sensible spending = success.

So wonderful in fact your struggling to be above us in the table even with a dozen of our shit players out. You where one of the favourites for the drop, you may just avoid that. Yes great success.

So it is POTG then?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
You are I'm afraid speaking to ears that won't listen. Always the bragging about years in the top two leagues blah blah blah, yet never the guts to admit that their 'lofty'position in football was achieved through cheating and stealing. I'd like to know if any Palace fan actually thinks they were in the wrong.

I think Palace fans will admit to the first Admin being the silly actions of a madman TBH,(most Palace fans I know were gently rocking in the corner of the room wanting it to stop..Goldberge spending 100K just to talk to Venables WTF!)

But most Palace as well as informed football fans think the second one was a loan shark bank, getting nevous and paniking. The second Admin TBF was a bit of a joke (they owed 4mill compared to Portsmonths 90M) and Palace had not been splashing the cash infact they had been selling and there league position was showing it!!

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
the second admin was as dodgy as the first. In June 2008 Simon Jordan "mortgaged Palace, its leases on Selhurst Park and the Beckenham training ground, his own shares in the club and all payments due from the Football League or Premier League to the Agilo Master Fund, which is registered at a PO box in George Town, in the Cayman Islands. On its website Agilo Limited, which manages investments for the Agilo Master Fund, describes itself as: " The London-based fund manager of Agilo Fund Limited, a fund based in the Cayman Islands that invests in distressed companies and special situations." He also tried to capitalise future worths of current players.

That, to me suggests that even back in 2008 Palace were spending far more than they earned (wasn't the salary bill something like 90% of turnover) and were in huge dog doo. Sure, Agilo were loan sharks but it's clear that Palace were living way beyond their means for years before that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think Palace fans will admit to the first Admin being the silly actions of a madman TBH,(most Palace fans I know were gently rocking in the corner of the room wanting it to stop..Goldberge spending 100K just to talk to Venables WTF!)

But most Palace as well as informed football fans think the second one was a loan shark bank, getting nevous and paniking. The second Admin TBF was a bit of a joke (they owed 4mill compared to Portsmonths 90M) and Palace had not been splashing the cash infact they had been selling and there league position was showing it!!

It's a shame that there are not a few more of those well informed Palace on here. Most of those who are attracted to this forum are sadly lacking in reasoning ability.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I just think that as the Chairman was owned the biggest share of any owed monies it was a bit dodgy for Agilo to call Administators in for? but then what do I know!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Well, look at it this way, would you have got money from a more stable resource ? I doubt it. However, what irritates Brighton fans is the fact that so many Palace fans cannot accept that their club's dodgy financing subsidised their position above us. The proof of the pudding is that now we have a decent groud we have far bigger attendances. There is no comparrison between the way the two clubs were run. The fickleness of Palace fans is borne out by your attendances this season and this despite the fact that they are within the range of a play off berth.

Should Palace get past Cardiff no doubt we will have to redefine the meaning of 'plastic fans' well on 26th February.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Ho Ho more points than your lot o ho. Ho Ho two games way from Wembley Ho Ho. Ho Ho a Manager not pilloried by the FA Ho Ho.

Ho Ho not got a bench of cripples Ho Ho.

Shouldn't you be in your cell painting your many toe nails !!!
Another educationally subnormal looter and rioter on NSC with all the vocabulary and brain cells of an Amoeba !!!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Well, look at it this way, would you have got money from a more stable resource ? I doubt it. However, what irritates Brighton fans is the fact that so many Palace fans cannot accept that their club's dodgy financing subsidised their position above us. The proof of the pudding is that now we have a decent groud we have far bigger attendances. There is no comparrison between the way the two clubs were run. The fickleness of Palace fans is borne out by your attendances this season and this despite the fact that they are within the range of a play off berth.

Should Palace get past Cardiff no doubt we will have to redefine the meaning of 'plastic fans' well on 26th February.

To suggest that 30 years of total superiority is down to 10 years of financial mismanagement is ridiculous. We were spending too much which allowed us to sign better players, but we were totally solvent and above-board during the best period of the clubs history. We were one of the top clubs in the country but had to sell our stars in the interest of balancing the books.

You're really clutching at straws. Promotion to the premiership so many times should have covered our losses, and with someone like 2010 in charge we would've been fine. Unfortunately we had a nutcase and Jordan - who let his heart rule his head after saving us.

In fact, financial mismanagement never really benefitted us. We very nearly lost our league status more than once.

Either way, the way the board conducts itself now is the way to go. Being prudent and sensible, buying when we can afford to and putting faith in our wonderful and successful academy. We're a changed club that got lucky, but it could easily have gone so, so wrong. We're not going to risk that again.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
To suggest that 30 years of total superiority is down to 10 years of financial mismanagement is ridiculous. We were spending too much which allowed us to sign better players, but we were totally solvent and above-board during the best period of the clubs history. We were one of the top clubs in the country but had to sell our stars in the interest of balancing the books.

You're really clutching at straws. Promotion to the premiership so many times should have covered our losses, and with someone like 2010 in charge we would've been fine. Unfortunately we had a nutcase and Jordan - who let his heart rule his head after saving us.

In fact, financial mismanagement never really benefitted us. We very nearly lost our league status more than once.

Either way, the way the board conducts itself now is the way to go. Being prudent and sensible, buying when we can afford to and putting faith in our
wonderful and successful academy. We're a changed club that got lucky, but it could easily have gone so, so wrong. We're not going to risk that again.
pmsl

:lolol:

Holy shit, have you thought about stand up?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Too many "you's" in that, Have I ever said I am a Palace fan??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here