Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palarse Carling Cup Semi final

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The club would have paid the small sum had the fans not done it first. 2010 have said that they wouldn't have allowed them to go unpaid.

The academy was paid for by Simon Jordan. The only person who lost money on the academy was Simon Jordan, all people involved with the academy were paid before administration began. The youth system was the best thing tangoman did for the club.

I dont buy this. Why didnt 2010 get involved before the club went belly up so as to avoid anybody being out of pocket? One can only presume it was to allow certain historic items to hmm hmm 'cleared' before getting the prize.

If they wanted to pay St Johns, they would have done.

I love the way you now criticise Jordan - clearly putting his own cash up, bailing you out once and 'buying' a year in the premier league for you, wasnt good enough despite every other club in the south east of england pointing out to you how unsustainable it was at the time. Those fans were right but the palace 'hordes' buried their heads in the sand. Just as you are now.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What it really shows is that in your clubs real hour of need none of you were arsed to turn up and support your club, now you are in the Championship with a new Tin Shed you are all glory hunting plastics lol:rolleyes:

we never went into admin. because in our hour of need people ensured that local businesses werent shafted.

Your call

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Palace call themselves 'The Eagles' but we all know that they are better known as 'The Tits'.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Andrew Mason: "Listen guys, I want less of this negativity okay? There may be less than nine hours until kick off, but WE WILL get this semi final at Selhurst sold out! Now get to work!"

andrew-mason-groupon-business-insider.com_.png

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Re. The Brighton pitiful attendance, it's rather funny that you got 2000 fans for a home game and you mock a club that averages 16000 and gets above 20/21k a few times a season. The fact that you've now got a new ground doesn't mask the fact that for the past two decades you've had hardly any support. Don't take the piss out of 15,000 Palace fans going to watch a match in November on a freezing Monday night when the game in sky, when you weren't selling out a 7000 seater "stadium".

What it really shows is that in your clubs real hour of need none of you were arsed to turn up and support your club, now you are in the Championship with a new Tin Shed you are all glory hunting plastics lol:rolleyes:
No. You've both still missed the point. We recovered, that's what we celebrate. I agree that some of the attendance threads on here have been a bit embarrassing, a bit like the poor kid in the street suddenly getting a new bike and bragging about it, but that is because for many many years we were a tinpot, Noddy, two-bob outfit who were a non-league club in all but name. Now we're not and you'll just have to forgive us for revelling in the fact that we can now get 18,000 for a 3rd Round Cup tie against a non-league team and you wouldn't be able to get anything like that.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Still waiting to here why CPFC2010 haven't paid back the Metropolitan Police and the Ambulance Service the 20k each CPFC owe them. I thought they were billionaires.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
No. You've both still missed the point. We recovered, that's what we celebrate. I agree that some of the attendance threads on here have been a bit embarrassing, a bit like the poor kid in the street suddenly getting a new bike and bragging about it, but that is because for many many years we were a tinpot, Noddy, two-bob outfit who were a non-league club in all but name. Now we're not and you'll just have to forgive us for revelling in the fact that we can now get 18,000 for a 3rd Round Cup tie against a non-league team and you wouldn't be able to get anything like that.

I believe Brovian they got just over 7000 against Prem opposition in the same round of the Carling Cup.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The main arguement about attendances is income. We have a solid income base now that attracts advertisers and sponsors because we are getting sell out games. I wonder how Palace are going to cope with barely enough income to survive Championship demands. Go into administration for a third time?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The main arguement about attendances is income. We have a solid income base now that attracts advertisers and sponsors because we are getting sell out games. I wonder how Palace are going to cope with barely enough income to survive Championship demands. Go into administration for a third time?

If they go into admin for a third time do they get to keep it?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Selling Zaha would allow us to run the club at a profit for a decade. This will happen in a year or two.

Money is not in short supply at Palace.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Selling Zaha would allow us to run the club at a profit for a decade. This will happen in a year or two.

Money is not in short supply at Palace.

Although producing any of it to buy players is as rare as palace selling out.

POTG?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Although producing any of it to buy players is as rare as palace selling out.

POTG?

We don't need to buy expensive players, our academy makes them. We only buy in positions the academy can't currently fill. interesting how you claim that we don't spend money on players, but also pay Murray massive wages? Can't have it both ways...

Unlike yourselves, who waste money on players like Harley. We spent just over £1m in the last transfer window and we've done bloody well this season. We buy most of our talent from abroad and as such we get very good deals on very good players (see Parr for 300k, Jedinak etc)

A great academy + sensible spending = success.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I see they are begging on FaceBook now to try and make it a sell out ha ha !!
What a joke that shitty club is really how sad and pathetic if you cant sell out your pissy ground in a major trophy semi !!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Crippled Palarse !!
:tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser:rapidly becoming the complete laughing stock of the Championship:tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser:

Ho Ho more points than your lot o ho. Ho Ho two games way from Wembley Ho Ho. Ho Ho a Manager not pilloried by the FA Ho Ho.

Ho Ho not got a bench of cripples Ho Ho.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A sell out suggests otherwise.

You haven't sold out. This is the latest from your own site "The remaining tickets are currently on sale from the main box office but from 6pm the Arthur Wait home and away box offices will be opening for the sale of any remaining tickets for that stand."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here