Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palarse away following

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Honestly, I'm more concerned about our current struggles in League One to be concerned about the number of fans Palace are taking to an away game. Pointless point-scoring.

Took sometime in this thread to get to your point Goldstone. I post on here and get told 'we don't give a about Palace and anything about them'. Then some numbnut gives it about our away support, tut tut.
Anone watch the Premiership where Blackburn, Wigan, Fulham, Bolton et al take less than 500 away?

Anyway, get your arses back to the Championship, i can't wait to come down to your new stadium.

Some of your other posters should bring take their I.Q certificates to the train station when you eventually visit us as i believe they match junior prices travel tickets to intelligence.

The best of New Years to you.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Palace are a joke of a club, even in their so called catchment area more people have always gravitated towards chelsea.

Unfortunately being in London surrounded by 'big' Premiership clubs and children growing up seeing said 'big' Premiership clubs on Sky is always going to be detrimental to the smaller clubs. QPR have a similar home & away support as Palace even with their multi million pound squad and stature.

I expect if there was a Premiership club closer to yourselves than Portsmouth then you'll see all your local youngsters wearing the shirts & going to see them instead.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Unfortunately being in London surrounded by 'big' Premiership clubs and children growing up seeing said 'big' Premiership clubs on Sky is always going to be detrimental to the smaller clubs. QPR have a similar home & away support as Palace even with their multi million pound squad and stature.

I expect if there was a Premiership club closer to yourselves than Portsmouth then you'll see all your local youngsters wearing the shirts & going to see them instead.

They do!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

QPR are and always have been a bigger club than Palace

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
QPR are and always have been a bigger club than Palace

Depends how you gauge 'bigger' I'd say. Historically QPR probably have a bigger stature but surely Palace can claim bragging rights over them for the last 30 years?

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Depends how you gauge 'bigger' I'd say. Historically QPR probably have a bigger stature but surely Palace can claim bragging rights over them for the last 30 years?

And there we have a voice of reason :smile:

We have been the bigger club in all the years I've been a Palace supporter (I'm mid 30s now) and QPR did have a rich history. With all their money they're still no bigger than Blackpool, Doncaster et al.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11

Sadly, I think this might affect future derbies between us and you, and we may not see atmospheres like that of 18/10/2005 very often again. You need to get Croydon children supporting P***** again; from what I can tell the town is very much Chelsea and most of your support comes from Carshalton, Wallington, Redhill and to a lesser extent, Crawley. As for decline in our support, the Premiership/Sky effect has reached its limit in my view, and was probably at its worst during our Gillingham days. There were already a large number of supporters in Sussex of Premiership clubs - you only have to go through Victoria on a Champions' League night to see hundreds of Chelsea and Arsenal fans arriving on the Sussex platforms. What will be critical will be how many of the young generation we can attract to Falmer; to build on what Matt Hicks has done at Withdean.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
And there we have a voice of reason :smile:

We have been the bigger club in all the years I've been a Palace supporter (I'm mid 30s now) and QPR did have a rich history. With all their money they're still no bigger than Blackpool, Doncaster et al.

Perhaps one day there will be a universal system of deciding which clubs are 'bigger'? In the meantime we can all just speculate based on our crazy notions of grandeur. I think it's much more fun that way!

I'd be interseted to know how people felt Palace measured up in a profesional london club league table of stature?

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Sadly, I think this might affect future derbies between us and you, and we may not see atmospheres like that of 18/10/2005 very often again. You need to get Croydon children supporting P***** again; from what I can tell the town is very much Chelsea and most of your support comes from Carshalton, Wallington, Redhill and to a lesser extent, Crawley. As for decline in our support, the Premiership/Sky effect has reached its limit in my view, and was probably at its worst during our Gillingham days. There were already a large number of supporters in Sussex of Premiership clubs - you only have to go through Victoria on a Champions' League night to see hundreds of Chelsea and Arsenal fans arriving on the Sussex platforms. What will be critical will be how many of the young generation we can attract to Falmer; to build on what Matt Hicks has done at Withdean.

We have a club who do not even try to get new supporters through the turnstiles. We have empty seats every home game which could be given for free to local schools & organisations but this is not done. It would increase bums on (wooden) seats, catering sales & create a better atmosphere but unfortunately the board do nothing to address this.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Perhaps one day there will be a universal system of deciding which clubs are 'bigger'? In the meantime we can all just speculate based on our crazy notions of grandeur. I think it's much more fun that way!

I'd be interseted to know how people felt Palace measured up in a profesional london club league table of stature?

Somewhere between Leighton Orient & Barnet :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Took sometime in this thread to get to your point Goldstone. I post on here and get told 'we don't give a about Palace and anything about them'. Then some numbnut gives it about our away support, tut tut.
Anone watch the Premiership where Blackburn, Wigan, Fulham, Bolton et al take less than 500 away?

Anyway, get your arses back to the Championship, i can't wait to come down to your new stadium.

Some of your other posters should bring take their I.Q certificates to the train station when you eventually visit us as i believe they match junior prices travel tickets to intelligence.

The best of New Years to you.

Oops!:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here