Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's financial results (waiting, waiting, waiting...)

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
It is a done deal, if CPFC2010 back out now it would show them up for what they are. It was only ever a 93 day emergency loan because you cannot register for 3 clubs in any one season.

Is their a source to this statement? As I say it has only ever been mentioned on here as far as I can see.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
In his/their signiture

We will NOT comment on transfers, player performances, wages, contracts etc

all he commented on the transfer, player and contract was a one word yes.

I would imaine it's along the lines of - if you want to buy him you CAN and the price will be 500k...... whether he scores 50 in 10 games the price will be 500k....... palarse can take him at that regardless of performance OR NOT SIGN HIM FOR THAT in which case he returns to us and we could then sell him for 200k if they bid that. It's how the clauses ALMOST always work.

In his/their signiture

We will NOT comment on transfers, player performances, wages, contracts etc

all he commented on the transfer, player and contract was a one word yes.

I would imaine it's along the lines of - if you want to buy him you CAN and the price will be 500k...... whether he scores 50 in 10 games the price will be 500k....... palarse can take him at that regardless of performance OR NOT SIGN HIM FOR THAT in which case he returns to us and we could then sell him for 200k if they bid that. It's how the clauses ALMOST always work.

Read further down.

CPFC2010
4 Palace Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhynoeagle
Have read we have practically signed him, we just couldn't get the deal done in time and so went for a loan deal. Any truth in this? Do we have an agreement in place so that he can't go to any other team in the Summer?

That's more or less the truth of it.

I can't really go into the exact details of the deal but you can rest assured that he'll be playing for Palace next season.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'm sorry what? Dodgy bank? The owners of the club are all extremely sucessful businessmen and fans of the club. They have put in place a sound financial structure to safeguard the future of the club after the events of the Goldberg and Jordan eras. Orange guys? Is this some sort of code? We don't have an owner but a group of owners so maybe stipulate which one is the fruitcake?

haha you are funny...Do you live in North Korea?

I BELIEVE EVERYTHING I GET TOLD
GLAD ALL OVER IS A GREAT SONG
SELHURST PARK IS IN A PICTURESQUE PART OF SURREY

I actually feel sorry for you, your fellow fans and your funny club from up the road...When we were being lied to and led up the swanny by Archer & Bellotti we soon saw through them. You lot are laughably deluded.

I feel sorry for what Blackburn fans are going through at the moment, but the more you lot stick your head in the sand and believe the rubbish your being told, the sooner it is you'll end up going the way we did.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
I am not very good with these links, but I hope this works.
It is Holloway giving the fans their pre game comedy act/ team talk.
If you listen he says about his January signings and that he proudly announces that he absolutely stole Dobbie from them down the road.

Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway pre game speech v Charl - YouTube

OK fair enough. If we decide that he is actually shit or we don't manage to go up I'd suggest that from reading all the above that we are not contracted to buy him though. Does seem that Ollie really wants him so it does seem very likely that he'll be with us next season. For me if we can extend Moritz's contract beyond the summer he is a far superior player but sounds like covering the arsess in the event that Moritz leaves us which is quite likely.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne

I actually feel sorry for you, your fellow fans and your funny club from up the road...When we were being lied to and led up the swanny by Archer & Bellotti we soon saw through them. You lot are laughably deluded.

I feel sorry for what Blackburn fans are going through at the moment, but the more you lot stick your head in the sand and believe the rubbish your being told, the sooner it is you'll end up going the way we did.

Nice of you to feel sorry for us but really no need. We have faith in our owners just as you have faith in yours. You feel the need to call ours liars and take the piss as you our our fierce rivals from just below us in the league and down by the seaside. I understand totally, I don't feel the need to call your owners liars or take the piss, but maybe that's just me.

Deluded for why? Do I think we have a wonderful stadium or that we are that close to having a wonderful new stadium? No. Our owners have stated that it is high on their agenda, good enough for me. We haven't splashed massive sums on players either, you suggest our outgoings on salaries is astronomical but this is based on what exactly? Vicente playing for peanuts (sorry - NOT playing for peanuts), Ulloa, Lopez, Bridge, Kuszak - can't think they wouldn't be pocketing some serious weekly wage. And CMS, how much did that cost you in transfer fee and salary?

I'm not going to mock your business model of marketing to the casual football fan in Sussex that do not visit teams that they have historically followed, nothing wrong with getting fans who support prem teams as their main team into the ground - it is money going into YOUR club - what is to mock about that. But how long before they get bored if you don't go up this season or next? Will the novelty of the shiny stadium wear off soon? Gus seems to have itchy feet and always looking for his next step.

You say it is shit or bust for us - totally misguided, we no way expected to be where we are and as such have not thrown the money to get here. We're living in a bonus position far above where anyone including ourselves expected to be. If we go up (I think unlikely) we - like you do not have enough about us to stay up. But we haven't broken the bank or gambled for it. We stay down and we are where we hoped to be at the begining of the season - the Championship with the business model to thrive in it. Produce young talent for the first team then sell on when the big money comes knocking.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
OK fair enough. If we decide that he is actually shit or we don't manage to go up I'd suggest that from reading all the above that we are not contracted to buy him though. Does seem that Ollie really wants him so it does seem very likely that he'll be with us next season. For me if we can extend Moritz's contract beyond the summer he is a far superior player but sounds like covering the arsess in the event that Moritz leaves us which is quite likely.

Well now that is a good point legally contracted?
I do think it is a gentleman's agreement at the moment and if I was Tony Bloom and with your chairman's performance with Barnsley, over their shirt cock up, I think I would be nervous now. Not very honourable gentlemen in my opinion.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
We was getting 12-13k through the door last year at times, it's been consistently 16-18k this season, with more for big games

Are you saying you have lots of plastic fans? Surely not!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Pretty certain you've already paid, or at least part payed, Dobbie's transfer fee as part of the loan arrangement !! :lolol:

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Pretty certain you've already paid, or at least part payed, Dobbie's transfer fee as part of the loan arrangement !! :lolol:

And that statement is based upon? Wouldn't be normal procedure for a loan agreement.

As for what happened at Barnsley? How are we in the wrong? We have the right to play in our home colours at our home match. When you design your kits do you not take into account the rest of the teams you know you will have to play and what colours they play in? I know I would and pretty sure that the other 23 Championship clubs did. Blaming Palace is hilarious and a great example of the Brighton bitterness - and I see a whole nother thread about that on here.

It looks like as part of the loan deal we discussed how much you would want for him at the end of the season - probably to agree a price in principle at this stage so that if we did go up you could demand more as we would then be a Premiership club. Good foresight I would say.

Agreeing a price does not mean anyone is going to buy him. A Gentleman's agreement? Really grasping at straws there. If he gets a career ending injury would you expect us to still buy him? Crazy.

Stev Browett: Awight Tone, gis the beemback for nuffink wunt ya?
Tony Bloom: Certainly my good man, anything to help out, especially as I hear any profit made will go into your academy, a noble cause.

Barnsley Chairman: Steve, our kit man seems to have dropped a clanger, any chance you could play in your away kit to help out?
Steve Browett: Yer avin a larf aint ya, gawd blimey geez, get some of our replica away you twunt, and have em printed, hahahahahaha. Unless that'll skint ya.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Nice of you to feel sorry for us but really no need. We have faith in our owners just as you have faith in yours. You feel the need to call ours liars and take the piss as you our our fierce rivals from just below us in the league and down by the seaside. I understand totally, I don't feel the need to call your owners liars or take the piss, but maybe that's just me.

Deluded for why? Do I think we have a wonderful stadium or that we are that close to having a wonderful new stadium? No. Our owners have stated that it is high on their agenda, good enough for me. We haven't splashed massive sums on players either, you suggest our outgoings on salaries is astronomical but this is based on what exactly? Vicente playing for peanuts (sorry - NOT playing for peanuts), Ulloa, Lopez, Bridge, Kuszak - can't think they wouldn't be pocketing some serious weekly wage. And CMS, how much did that cost you in transfer fee and salary?

I'm not going to mock your business model of marketing to the casual football fan in Sussex that do not visit teams that they have historically followed, nothing wrong with getting fans who support prem teams as their main team into the ground - it is money going into YOUR club - what is to mock about that. But how long before they get bored if you don't go up this season or next? Will the novelty of the shiny stadium wear off soon? Gus seems to have itchy feet and always looking for his next step.

You say it is shit or bust for us - totally misguided, we no way expected to be where we are and as such have not thrown the money to get here. We're living in a bonus position far above where anyone including ourselves expected to be. If we go up (I think unlikely) we - like you do not have enough about us to stay up. But we haven't broken the bank or gambled for it. We stay down and we are where we hoped to be at the begining of the season - the Championship with the business model to thrive in it. Produce young talent for the first team then sell on when the big money comes knocking.

So I've touched a nerve then...

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Actually when you look back in the way Archer operated with managers and the information he kept giving the fans on finance going forward, how we were going to get a new state of the art stadium. I just find it amazing the similarities between Archer and Parish. The only difference I see is that Parish claims to be a fan, something I never heard Archer say.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
And that statement is based upon? Wouldn't be normal procedure for a loan agreement.

As for what happened at Barnsley? How are we in the wrong? We have the right to play in our home colours at our home match. When you design your kits do you not take into account the rest of the teams you know you will have to play and what colours they play in? I know I would and pretty sure that the other 23 Championship clubs did. Blaming Palace is hilarious and a great example of the Brighton bitterness - and I see a whole nother thread about that on here.

It looks like as part of the loan deal we discussed how much you would want for him at the end of the season - probably to agree a price in principle at this stage so that if we did go up you could demand more as we would then be a Premiership club. Good foresight I would say.

Agreeing a price does not mean anyone is going to buy him. A Gentleman's agreement? Really grasping at straws there. If he gets a career ending injury would you expect us to still buy him? Crazy.

F*ck me. Hi Steve Parish??????
As a club you have no credibillity when it comes to paying up.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here