Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Yes there is the point old girl, he is 16! If he is as good as everyone seems to think he will be then eventually the riches will come his way and good luck to him. The point is i don't think it is the actual fact he is going that has upset Palace fans so much it is the soundbytes that he has put out saying the only club he wanted to play is Palace, they are his boyhood club and loves Palace and always will etc.

As i have said no Palace fan is naive to think he wouldn't have moved on eventually but Palace have nurtured this boy for 10 years and spent a lot of time and money on him, now it would not have hurt him to sign for a couple of years then if he really wanted to go then at least Palace could get top dough for him, it is not as if staying for a couple of years would stifle his development is it?

Mate I agree that is kinda vexatious..

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Yes there is the point old girl, he is 16! If he is as good as everyone seems to think he will be then eventually the riches will come his way and good luck to him. The point is i don't think it is the actual fact he is going that has upset Palace fans so much it is the soundbytes that he has put out saying the only club he wanted to play is Palace, they are his boyhood club and loves Palace and always will etc.

As i have said no Palace fan is naive to think he wouldn't have moved on eventually but Palace have nurtured this boy for 10 years and spent a lot of time and money on him, now it would not have hurt him to sign for a couple of years then if he really wanted to go then at least Palace could get top dough for him, it is not as if staying for a couple of years would stifle his development is it?

And if you or anyone else is happy that these parasitic clubs who don't have an academy because they just poach every other club's young players, then good luck to you but i find it tedious.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I think Bostock will regret leaving Palace at such a young age. He will not get much game time in the Spurs 1st team and will probably end up being loaned out to another Championship club.

The benefit for the big club with lots of money is that a risk can be taken to secure Bostock now for a fraction of what he might be worth in a few years time. If he doesn't turn out so well then the big club have only lost a relatively small amount of money.

Don't really know how much he would go for. Handful of 1st team appearances?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
I think Bostock will regret leaving Palace at such a young age. He will not get much game time in the Spurs 1st team and will probably end up being loaned out to another Championship club.

The benefit for the big club with lots of money is that a risk can be taken to secure Bostock now for a fraction of what he might be worth in a few years time. If he doesn't turn out so well then the big club have only lost a relatively small amount of money.

Don't really know how much he would go for. Handful of 1st team appearances?

I mean Spurs have such a great record for bringing on quality young players don't they? Matthew Etherington, Wayne Routledge, Anthony Gardner etc etc

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I mean Spurs have such a great record for bringing on quality young players don't they? Matthew Etherington, Wayne Routledge, Anthony Gardner etc etc

Although to be fair they have signed plenty of other young players who've been given a decent chance.

Gareth Bale, Aaron Lennon, Tom Huddlestone, Michael Dawson etc. Routledge just wasn't good enough for the Premier League.

I can understand the frustration, but just maybe it isn't the money that's turned his head (after all Palace aren't exactly paying their players peanuts are they). With all due respect, when you're 16 years old, White Hart Lane, the Premier League, playing Manchester United or Chelsea etc are all going to look a damn sight more glamorous than Selhurst Park and fixtures against Blackpool.

Tell me a 16 year old who wouldn't do the same, given the chance.

Is Bostock really that good by the way? Haven't seen him play, so I can't really comment, but would be interested to see what you think SJLM. Moses seems to be the one who gets the headlines.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
weedbus3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I know I shouldn't but that photo did make me chuckle...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know I shouldn't but that photo did make me chuckle...[/QUOTE]

They had one like that on the (excellent) HTFC World site, where Bradford City scored a goal at the Galpharm Stadium, and the guy did an animation of them all on an open top bus tour around the City fans

:lolol:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Although to be fair they have signed plenty of other young players who've been given a decent chance.

Gareth Bale, Aaron Lennon, Tom Huddlestone, Michael Dawson etc. Routledge just wasn't good enough for the Premier League.

I can understand the frustration, but just maybe it isn't the money that's turned his head (after all Palace aren't exactly paying their players peanuts are they). With all due respect, when you're 16 years old, White Hart Lane, the Premier League, playing Manchester United or Chelsea etc are all going to look a damn sight more glamorous than Selhurst Park and fixtures against Blackpool.

Tell me a 16 year old who wouldn't do the same, given the chance.

Is Bostock really that good by the way? Haven't seen him play, so I can't really comment, but would be interested to see what you think SJLM. Moses seems to be the one who gets the headlines.

To be honest Edna Palace fans don't have a clue he has only started ONE game. He has been touted as the next big thing for a few years now, but if he does go (and it is not certain no matter what you have read apprarently) then Spurs or whoever are buying massive potential, he has no real experience of first team football.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
All this shite palace are spouting about their great young talents taking them places, when they'll all be off given a half chance.

:wave: <---- there's one! Will you take 200? Great, sign here laddie.

You really talk some inane crap don't you mate? All of the others are on long contracts and actually want to play for the club, Moses, Scannell, Hills, Kudjodji, Robinson. Bostock hasn't gone yet BTW!

Bitterness and envy pour out of your every post it is quite hilarious. In fact i think i might nominate you as my favourite poster on here, just for pure comedy value.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here