Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace to Brighton REMF fundraising bike ride idea.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Is this just open to the Cycling elite amongst NSC or can any old fat bastard join in ? Maybe have a couple of catergories, one for your Wiggins wannabes and another for your not so serious cyclists who want to contribute but look hideous in lycra ?

Is this just open to the Cycling elite amongst NSC or can any old fat bastard join in ? Maybe have a couple of catergories, one for your Wiggins wannabes and another for your not so serious cyclists who want to contribute but look hideous in lycra ?

I definitely would like it to be open to everyone Wookie, if you've got a bike and you want to give it a go, thats good enough for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here's a route, I just slung into Bikely, which also shows a profile, to give people an idea.
I'd image there's a better route somewhere.
Our friends up north could probably plot it from their place to the M25.

The second lump is Turner's Hill, known to all L2B riders
I'm not sure what the first one is and if it's avoidable, as I don't know the area, and was just plotting straight line A to B.

REMF at Bikely.com

And for those of you wondering how the lumps compare to the Beacon:-

Ditchling - AMEX at Bikely.com

Clicking 'show' in the tool bar brings up the profile option.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I definitely would like it to be open to everyone Wookie, if you've got a bike and you want to give it a go, thats good enough for me.
Could I be a cycling geek pedant here.

If you've got a well working bike, with the slickest narrow tyres for the wheels and turn-offable suspension, and you want to do it.

2 tyres will set you back £40 max, and a 'solid' bike will turn the event from a hard slog into an enjoyable ride.

Hello chaps. Because of work commitments Im not going to be able to put the time into this (I'm not even sure I can do the actual ride)
Would someone else like to take up the reins and help organise the ride.
Ive PM'd 'US' To let him know and I hope someone wants to take this on as it could be a good fun regular fundraiser for REMF.
Cheers all. (If I can do the ride I will)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here