Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace to Brighton REMF fundraising bike ride idea.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Given the appalling state (and amount) of facilities for cyclists in the City of Westminster, I wouldn't bother.

Be o.k if this lot dealt with that! they just deal with planning events in public places so may have been able to advise. why don't you send them an e-mail about the poor state of facilities, maybe someone there may be a bit more bothered than me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Given the appalling state (and amount) of facilities for cyclists in the City of Westminster, I wouldn't bother.

Westminster is a typical Tory council which bangs on about it's low council tax but fails to mention it does not invest in services and provisions.

I shall contact the council and see what they say. What I don't want to do is get caught up in a load of health and safety red tape which may put the kybosh on the whole thing. I shouldn't imagine there will more than 40 of us and if we leave in groups of 10 over the space of an hour were hardly causing a nuisance. We shall see.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I shall contact the council and see what they say. What I don't want to do is get caught up in a load of health and safety red tape which may put the kybosh on the whole thing. I shouldn't imagine there will more than 40 of us and if we leave in groups of 10 over the space of an hour were hardly causing a nuisance. We shall see.

You can hand the reigns over if you want Frank. I will contact Brett Mendoza as TLO says as he has a lot of experience in this. Myself and Woodingdean Gull can drive this forward with you and anyone else who wants to assist. Tremendous idea worth carrying on. It also involves different people in the REMF, we have the footballers, the marathon runners, the golfers and we can have an annual cyclers event. The charity raises around £ 20000 pa and this can only help. Next year we could do Amex to Selhurst Park.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you think that's best for remf , US. I'd like to be involved with the organisation if possible as part of the challenge for me was getting the whole thing going.

I think you should to head it up with a team of helpers. I have asked Brett Mendoza and Woodingdean Gull, REMF Chairman, to add their comments to the thread.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'm nowhere near fit enough for a bike ride of that distance :lol: but happy to offer myself and my zafira for the day if it's of any help :)

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
i would love to do this i might add i dont have a road bike just a mountain bike but would hire a bike for the day, that might be an option for you guys what we use to do we contacted our local cycle store and they provided bikes think for a small fee, but they got lots of press for it.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Apologies for not catching up with this before Frank, pressure of work. Just to say that I think it's a brilliant idea and I can assure you that the REMF is 100% behind the idea. It seems that all is coming together superbly. Can you let us all know if there has been any further progress made?

Well done again mate.

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
Barca have a long history with cycling jerseys :-

images

I'd kill for an Albion one.

And me .

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I think you're being very generous with the times.
That's not just me saying that cos I'm a 'geek', the L2B average is quicker and you can't pedal for some.

Plus 6am kick off, it will still be dark.

It is essentially down hill, (until Ditchling).
The average speed should comfortably be double figures.

For reference the Gillingham ride will have been much harder.

yeah i did the Gillingham ride, it was tough- but also twice as long.

I'd be keen for this, count me in

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
I've started commuting to work a few weeks ago, first experience of road bikes. Purchased a cube peloton pro and really enjoying it. Would like to think I'd be up to the standard needed by march to take part.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here