Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace sign Spain U20's Captain

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
Yes we've ascertained Zaha>Buckley, but thanks for posting again. You still haven't told me whether you have seen Ulloa play yet? It's unlikely Ulloa would quite reach 30 goals because he doesn't take penalties. Next.

I saw him a few times last season. He was nothing special at all, both his goals in the 3-0 were down to SHOCKING defending on Ramage's part, especially his 2nd. In the playoffs he was beyond poor. He started well for you but I think teams started to work him out. Wasn't it no goals in his last 9 League and Play off games?

albionite

May 20, 2009
If you think Ulloa will get 30+ you are deluded. Zaha > Buckley

A nigel fan saying Brighton are deluded that tickles me:ohmy:

You seem to be the same as the rest of the nigels on here you start with a few sensible posts then show your true colours and repeat the same boring sh*t

I saw him a few times last season. He was nothing special at all, both his goals in the 3-0 were down to SHOCKING defending on Ramage's part, especially his 2nd. In the playoffs he was beyond poor. He started well for you but I think teams started to work him out. Wasn't it no goals in his last 9 League and Play off games?

No. He scored in our last away league game at Leeds. Are you confusing him with Harley?

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013

You seem to be the same as the rest of the nigels on here you start with a few sensible posts then show your true colours and repeat the same boring sh*t

Not deluded. We knew we had a very good team last year and we proved it. Your lot gave it the big one all year including celebrating at Selhurst after the 0-0 as if you were at Wembley. But you ended up with egg on your face.

I'll think you'll find he is one of the other nigels - there aren't many of them so they have to double up.:ffsparr::ffsparr:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
For starters I don't believe you have seen him play other than on tv in play offs. Secondly you are absolutely correct, if you don't include the goals Ulloa scored against (off the top of my head) Leeds and Forest, then yes he didn't score in the score in the last 9 or whatever fictional number you choose.

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
I'll think you'll find he is one of the other nigels - there aren't many of them so they have to double up.:ffsparr::ffsparr:

Come on Major, you were being sensible a minute ago. You wanna talk crowds/numbers? Then please explain your crowds at Withdean to me. You often couldn't sell out a 8,850 capacity stadium.

Not deluded. We knew we had a very good team last year and we proved it. Your lot gave it the big one all year including celebrating at Selhurst after the 0-0 as if you were at Wembley. But you ended up with egg on your face.

I know your impression of a "very good team" is probably different from ours - but I would remind you you were 10 minutes away from relying on other results to get in the Play-Offs and the width of the crossbar from going out of the Semi's . Believe me , from someone who saw Palace more than you, you were not a very good team.

albionite

May 20, 2009

We gave it the big one all year, sorry but wasn't you above us most of the season going on about you are good enough for autos. From what I remember on here most of the fans were nervous about the second leg but knowing being at home gave us an advantage.

But nothing like rewriting what happened to make your self feel smug. Like I said your turning out to be just another palace knob.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Because not one of your lot gave 'the biggun' when you were 11 points ahead and beat us 3-0 at Selhurst, no I guess that never happened either. Seriously kid, you're a bit of a pointless poster on here so I'm going to leave you to the others, they can continue to pick holes in your pathetic contributions.

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
I know your impression of a "very good team" is probably different from ours - but I would remind you you were 10 minutes away from relying on other results to get in the Play-Offs and the width of the crossbar from going out of the Semi's . Believe me , from someone who saw Palace more than you, you were not a very good team.

You obviously didn't see us when we went 14 games unbeaten. Or when we only lost 2 all season at home. Or when we scored goal after goal after goal to become the 2nd highest scorers in the league.

Come on Major, you were being sensible a minute ago. You wanna talk crowds/numbers? Then please explain your crowds at Withdean to me. You often couldn't sell out a 8,850 capacity stadium.

Been done to death.

Away following , such as Palace failing to sell there 700 ticket allocation, dragged down the 100% attendance.

You obviously didn't see us when we went 14 games unbeaten. Or when we only lost 2 all season at home. Or when we scored goal after goal after goal to become the 2nd highest scorers in the league.

All true but nothing alters the fact you didn't secure your place in the Play Offs until 10 minutes from end of season and you finished below us in league (again). You fell apart in last two months yet pulled yourself together for Play - Offs. Two Injury time goalkeeping blunders denied ourselves auto promotion.

You have lost the two players you identify as your best players and have so far failed to replace them. Can't see you getting above bottom place in prem.

albionite

May 20, 2009
So your home support sold it's allocation every game did it? Yeah, of course it did! :moo:

Yes most games were sold out, I imagine a lot didn't turn up to all games, same as what happens at selhurst you say you have 16k crowds when only 13k are there. But at that time we only announced who turned up and not how many tickets have been sold.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No. He scored in our last away league game at Leeds.
Scores level with two minutes remaining of normal time , Vicente in the middle of the pitch jinks forward and casually sprays a 40 yard diagonal pass to where Orlandi is running down the left wing , gets to the bye line and then lobs over an exquisite cross into the six yard box to Spanish Len whose rocket header into the back of the net leaves Kenny grasping at thin air.

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
All true but nothing alters the fact you didn't secure your place in the Play Offs until 10 minutes from end of season and you finished below us in league (again). You fell apart in last two months yet pulled yourself together for Play - Offs. Two Injury time goalkeeping blunders denied ourselves auto promotion.

You have lost the two players you identify as your best players and have so far failed to replace them. Can't see you getting above bottom place in prem.

That's funny, I could have sworn we have signed Gayle and Thomas? Plus we still have a month till the season starts.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
If we are an average side then it doesn't look to good for your prospects then does it?! After all, you only finished 3 points ahead of us, beating us only once out of 4 games last year and you have lost some key players from that team. Face it, baring a miracle, FFP means it's going to be a few seasons in mid-table for you (at best).

Inevitably life under FFP will make us leaner and meaner and have to live within the rules, making shrewd transfer dealings even more of a necessity.
That will take away most Championship clubs option of buying their way into the Prem, unless they have parachute payments.

The promoted Clubs may appear to be minted on paper but will still have to be prudent because they will now have spiralling wage bills spurred on by players agents demanding Prem level rewards. Plus prospective signings will know there is more money to be had. However that Prem money is finite and will rapidly diminish especially if outgoings cannot be offset by gate income and by selling their best players etc. The cost of servicing the operating costs of any stadium and Prem level training complex are significant so there are other drains on the funds. Often they are 'asset poor' and don't own their stadium or cannot unlock funding because there are other constraints.

I would suggest that many lesser Prem clubs are not self sufficient and only exist courtesy of the TV money and / or billionaire owners, and not because they are viable businesses. In effect they have an artificial existence bought on someone's else's money, a sort of financial life support machine and if that someone unexpectedly pulls the plug then it will all be over. There must be some interesting business plans out there with sums that do not add up.

OK it may be harder for us to get to the Prem under FFP but may do us a big favour it the short/medium term by making it happen without breaking the bank. We have a CEO who is focused on reining in debts and bringing us closer to financial equilibrium. It won't be easy but must help knowing we have a state of the art stadium, very decent crowds, a blue chip sponsor and an owner who has delivered on all of his promises, is in it for the long haul and won't disappear overnight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here