Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace sign Spain U20's Captain

Instead of making up lies about our playing style, why don't you focus on your own team and it's obvious deficiencies? Signing average left backs from MK Dons and a Swansea reject won't get you out of this division anytime soon.

I think Palace proved to everyone that an average side can get out of the Championship to the Prem. The real trick is to stay there.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think Palace proved to everyone that an average side can get out of the Championship to the Prem. The real trick is to stay there.

Your lot disproved that theory

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I won't indulge in Palace bashing today but it is interesting to see how the 3 promoted sides will strengthen their squads with the funds they now have at their disposal.

At the moment Hull look to be making some shrewd signings and loan deals. Will it be enough to keep their heads above water?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He'll be lucky to make our 18 next year. I fully expect him to go out on loan to a Championship side.

That's not the point is it, we know he's cack. You boldly claimed that Swansea rejects won't get you out of this division, however a lot of your chums on here claim he was a key figure towards the end of the season. Which is it?

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013

If we are an average side then it doesn't look to good for your prospects then does it?! After all, you only finished 3 points ahead of us, beating us only once out of 4 games last year and you have lost some key players from that team. Face it, baring a miracle, FFP means it's going to be a few seasons in mid-table for you (at best).

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
Well as I saw Palace play more times last season than the majority of Nigel posters on here I think I carry an opinion on their style. Let me guess about you - you live in Sussex , went to the Wembley Play Off final but couldn't quite make it to Selhurst due to the awful transport links that surround the cesspit. Am I right?

Is that why you're such an expert on attendances ie you go and count the crowd. All beginning to make sense now :wink:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If we are an average side then it doesn't look to good for your prospects then does it?! After all, you only finished 3 points ahead of us, beating us only once out of 4 games last year and you have lost some key players from that team. Face it, baring a miracle, FFP means it's going to be a few seasons in mid-table for you (at best).

Peterborough beat Cardiff twice last season, who is the better team?

albionite

May 20, 2009

Maybe who knows, personally I am quite happy Brighton being in championship. The club has other ideas though so I just go along for the ride.

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
That's not the point is it, we know he's cack. You boldly claimed that Swansea rejects won't get you out of this division, however a lot of your chums on here claim he was a key figure towards the end of the season. Which is it?

He was poor for most of the times I saw him. Luckily we had a supreme talent in Zaha and Muzza having the season of his life, I can't see anyone in your team like those 2.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
These crowds which you lot were saying would only be there for one season and we're plastic..... Yet you get in the epl and out off the wood work they come. These fans you then tell us are not plastic, just returning supporters.
We might make fun of your support but I don't know many Palace who comment on our own support since none of us give a stuff (nor do any other teams fans anywhere in the World)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He was poor for most of the times I saw him. Luckily we had a supreme talent in Zaha and Muzza having the season of his life, I can't see anyone in your team like those 2.

A tricky winger with pace and a quality centre forward? You've never seen Ulloa play have you, that much is obvious. Whilst Buckley might not be as elaborate with the footwork he is more than fit for purpose playing in the Championship, hence Swansea tried to purchase him. Carry on.

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
A tricky winger with pace and a quality centre forward? You've never seen Ulloa play have you, that much is obvious. Whilst Buckley might not be as elaborate with the footwork he is more than fit for purpose playing in the Championship, hence Swansea tried to purchase him. Carry on.

If you think Ulloa will get 30+ you are deluded. Zaha > Buckley

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Completely different. There was a huge gap between those 2 teams in the league. We were only separated by 3 points however.

Don't move the goal posts, you highlighted that we only beat you once in 4 attempts. I countered that with the Peterborough post. You cant pick and choose when you want the quotes to be relevant. Next.

I think most of our fans realise we are a weaker side this season than at the end of last. If we get into the playoffs again (with our current squad) then I think it will be a great achievement. However, with what we have got at the moment I would maintain that we are on a par with your team last season and therefore we might sneak into the top 6 (Upson & Ulloa only came into the side after X-Mas but will be here from the start this season). Unfortunately the three dropping down from the Prem look much better than the 3 that went up.

However, third season syndrome can be a killer.

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
I think most of our fans realise we are a weaker side this season than at the end of last. If we get into the playoffs again (with our current squad) then I think it will be a great achievement. However, with what we have got at the moment I would maintain that we are on a par with your team last season and therefore we might sneak into the top 6 (Upson & Ulloa only came into the side after X-Mas but will be here from the start this season). Unfortunately the three dropping down from the Prem look much better than the 3 that went up.

However, third season syndrome can be a killer.

Well done, you actually can speak sense when you want to!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here