Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace relegation watch

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
For what its worth i think they will be fine.
Cardiff,Watford,QPR and Derby are all games where they could pick up points. Sheff Wed will win tonight making their trip to Watford massive.I can see them winning 3 of them games but i hope im proved wrong of course.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Why do you honestly think you'll be up there? As for us, if we go down we will lose players and struggle, we would be happy with a mid table.

Hoping, rather than expecting.

IF we can keep what we've got, get rid of the dead wood, and get 3 - 4 quality players in, then we may have half a chance.

Remember that we will have money to spend in the summer, and with Falmer only a season away, we will become a fairly attractive club to possible signings.

Your run in looks tough - the game at Watford is MASSIVE.

If Wednesday beat Watford tonight it would leave Palace 4 points adrift of Wednesday, and 3 behind Watford who would still have a game in hand on Palace.

IF they do come down, it will make for an interesting season.

Southampton, Palace, Leeds, Charlton and us fighting for the top 2 places?

Relegation is an irrelevance to most Palace fans now.
We'd be more than happy to have a team to support in League One. With seemingly no buyer on the horizon, extinction is a strong possibility. I would be finished with football should the unthinkable happen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. I would be finished with football should the unthinkable happen.

It won't, but you now have an inkling of how we felt as we lost our ground and looked like going to the wall whilst being asset stripped by Stanley and Archer, as the FA stood by and did f*** all (apart from deduct us points). You are nowhere near that far down the road yet, and tbh I hope you never are...

It won't, but you now have an inkling of how we felt as we lost our ground and looked like going to the wall whilst being asset stripped by Stanley and Archer, as the FA stood by and did f*** all (apart from deduct us points). You are nowhere near that far down the road yet, and tbh I hope you never are...

I always was well aware of your plight and it must've been terrifying.
I do, however, not share your optimism of a buyer being found.
Non-ownership of the ground+tough financial times=up shit creek sans paddle.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I do, however, not share your optimism of a buyer being found.
Non-ownership of the ground+tough financial times=up shit creek sans paddle.

I have no doubt someone will eventually buy you, it may even be a Palace version of Dick Knight, tough times with a minimal budget quite possibly but looking on the bright side, if you do have to groundshare it's unlikely to be a 150 mile roundtrip for a home game!!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Yep but maybe a few games in, perhaps their last home game. At least in our years of darkness we had our proud scars from the civil war with Archer & Co to keep our pride. palace have nowt.

Yes but Archer and co are long gone, we still have Ron "Scarface" Noades, the ultimate Scrooge character, still lurking in the wings.:down:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Relegation is an irrelevance to most Palace fans now.
We'd be more than happy to have a team to support in League One. With seemingly no buyer on the horizon, extinction is a strong possibility. I would be finished with football should the unthinkable happen.

What happened to P Daddy then SW? Or is Uncle Ron going to come back, d'you think?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
:lolol:
Stay up and it would indeed ruin my weekend.
Go down and it would make my f***ing YEAR :clap2:

Oh dear I remember the utter silence in Brighton the day Palace won at Stockport in 2001 on the last day of the season. It was like it didn't really matter that you had just been promoted, all you wanted was to see us down.

It would be somewhat ironical to spoil your end-of-season celebrations again, but you yoursellves will be happy to stay up this time.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Here, here ...

For my sins my Son is a palace fan and his 21st birthday was on 26 Oct '02 ... I have taken a fair bit of stick from him and his mates, and am now enjoying returning the stick!

It would be a tradegy for any club to go under and it's at times like these you can rely on the footballing family; albiet with you as an embarassing inbred cousin with unresolved hygiene issues!:lol:

What happened to P Daddy then SW? Or is Uncle Ron going to come back, d'you think?

I always said it was highly unlikely regarding P Diddy, Danny(f*** me, that was a mouthful!), more a dream.
Noades, however, scares the Bejaysus outta me. There are reports surfacing that he has declared an interest in the ground again, renting it back to us.
As far as I'm concerned, that f***ing old reptile can f*** off!

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I have no doubt someone will eventually buy you, it may even be a Palace version of Dick Knight, tough times with a minimal budget quite possibly but looking on the bright side, if you do have to groundshare it's unlikely to be a 150 mile roundtrip for a home game!!

Piss you right off if it was a Falmer share :laugh:

Here, here ...

For my sins my Son is a palace fan and his 21st birthday was on 26 Oct '02 ... I have taken a fair bit of stick from him and his mates, and am now enjoying returning the stick!

It would be a tradegy for any club to go under and it's at times like these you can rely on the footballing family; albiet with you as an embarassing inbred cousin with unresolved hygiene issues!:lol:

Good on your boy but there's no need to put yourselves down like that.
We'll do it for you.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Piss you right off if it was a Falmer share :laugh:

No, we could milk you lot like Scally did, win win to us ! And what's more, it would benefit Palace fans as they could park their caravans on the Downs.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Thing is Al we know it's NEVER going to happen ... Bloom wouldn't allow it, the fans wouldn't want it and The Caravan Club would kick off as there are only so many sites and spaces around Falmer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh dear I remember the utter silence in Brighton the day Palace won at Stockport in 2001 on the last day of the season. It was like it didn't really matter that you had just been promoted, all you wanted was to see us down.

It would be somewhat ironical to spoil your end-of-season celebrations again, but you yoursellves will be happy to stay up this time.

That was indeed a sickener, a real sickener. I don't remember the ins and outs now, other than you looked doomed, and there was something very fishy about your winning goal there, some form of rancid CHEATING involved, but the detail escapes me.

On the flipside, your slightly unexpected relegation at Charlton made for wonderful viewing. The Sky cameras FULLY indulged us with lots of panning shots of the away end that day. I think I've still got it on video somewhere.

Lovely stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here