Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace relegation watch

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Does any Brighton fan feel sorry for Palace ? I know not all Palace fans are idiots but given all the years of mockery some of their less intelligent fans (the majority) have given us I am thoroughly enjoying watching them struggle.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Does any Brighton fan feel sorry for Palace ? I know not all Palace fans are idiots but given all the years of mockery some of their less intelligent fans (the majority) have given us I am thoroughly enjoying watching them struggle.

There's nothing to feel sorry about... they're only in danger of getting relegated. They won't go out of business. Relegation is a natural part of football, and happens to just about every team at some point.

If they are relegated, they will still be playing next season, they will be winning more often, and playing in a division full of interesting (often local) teams.

It'll be a fun season for all..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There's nothing to feel sorry about... they're only in danger of getting relegated. They won't go out of business. Relegation is a natural part of football, and happens to just about every team at some point.

If they are relegated, they will still be playing next season, they will be winning more often, and playing in a division full of interesting (often local) teams.

It'll be a fun season for all..

Exactly this.

Southampton fans are hardly 'suffering' too badly this season, are they. Must be TERRIBLE watching the FIFTY goal partnership up front each week. Still, at least they have WEMBLEY on Sunday to pep them up.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Going down, going down, going down! :laugh:

sob.gif
Bully.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Will you be making the journey down next season Al to see our beloved derby match?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If Wednesday beat Watford tonight it would leave Palace 4 points adrift of Wednesday, and 3 behind Watford who would still have a game in hand on Palace.

IF they do come down, it will make for an interesting season.

Southampton, Palace, Leeds, Charlton and us fighting for the top 2 places?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Palace's remaining fixtures:

Cardiff (H)
Watford (A)
Middlesbrough (A)
Preston (H)
QPR (H)
Derby (A)
West Brom (H)
Sheff Wed (A)

It looks a tricky run-in, and on current form, I fancy them to pick up 4 points at home, and 3 points away from home BEFORE the Sheff Weds game leaving them on 46 points, and almost certainly needing a win in the Steel City.

With Derby and QPR all but safe, it will be safe to assume defeats against Watford and Sheff Wed will doom Palace to relegation....here's hoping!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hopefully they'll be down well before the final day anyway, but if not, I would LOVE to watch that Sheff Weds game on Sky if its a relegation decider (it'd surely be one of the live ones they show). I would quite literally build my entire weekend around that.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
If Wednesday beat Watford tonight it would leave Palace 4 points adrift of Wednesday, and 3 behind Watford who would still have a game in hand on Palace.

IF they do come down, it will make for an interesting season.

Southampton, Palace, Leeds, Charlton and us fighting for the top 2 places?

Why do you honestly think you'll be up there? As for us, if we go down we will lose players and struggle, we would be happy with a mid table.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I believe Palace have hardly any fit defenders either.

Sheff Wed win tonight and Palace lose on Sat. Would pay a shit load for that combo

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Hopefully they'll be down well before the final day anyway, but if not, I would LOVE to watch that Sheff Weds game on Sky if its a relegation decider (it'd surely be one of the live ones they show). I would quite literally build my entire weekend around that.

I hope we f***ing ruin your weekend.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I hope our paths don't cross ( like ships in the night ) too soon and by that I mean missing each or with divisional swaps. I want to be able to see Albion V Palace on a regular basis again be it in League 1 or the Championship........but ideally in the Championship ASAP.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why do you honestly think you'll be up there?

I'm not totally convinced we will be yet.
But the signs are looking very promising for next season. Gus has come in and seen who he wants, who he doesn't. He's whittled his squad down to a core of quality players, he's now got them playing a system that they understand, we're playing some very decent stuff and have stopped leaking goals. Its taken a bit of time, but the players are responding to Gus and we've seen a huge improvement these last 2-3 months.

If we can keep hold of the likes of Calderon, Paintor and (please please) Lua Lua, with a few more shrewd acquisitions in the summer, then I think we'll go into next season in very good shape. Not saying we'll necessarily be challenging for automatic, but top 6 should be a realistic proposition.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I hope our paths don't cross ( like ships in the night ) too soon and by that I mean missing each or with divisional swaps. I want to be able to see Albion V Palace on a regular basis again be it in League 1 or the Championship........but ideally in the Championship ASAP.

We thought we was going to get that a couple of years ago, then you lot went and got relegated. Again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not gonna get my hopes too high until they get cast adrift by at least 4 or 5 points, but I am enjoying the slow inexorable slide they are on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here