Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace posters

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
originally posted by 26-10-02

Originally Posted by Robert Codners Nostrils
You say the stadium is not an excuse.
You are bigging up your support.What I am saying is that they are not that loyal.We have a crap ground and still get reasonable crowds,you lot did not.

Perhaps you didn't notice that for the last twelve years we had a maximum ground capacity of around 8500, that depending upon how many opposition fans turned up.

Nonetheless if CPFC are putting up posters looking for STHs or even supporters, how long before the offer is 'we'll give you £250 a season to come and support us'.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
originally posted by 26-10-02

how long before the offer is 'we'll give you £250 a season to come and support us'.
Probably never.
If we ever build a new stadium we could follow your business model and fill it with armchair premiership fans who will go to see their second team.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
you will actully find that if you did in fact research that season, it was a sell out for most games, it was the fact that visiting fans such as Palaese did not sell out there allocation so average appeared lower.
Rubbish.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I went in to a shop one day to buy some stock and the lady assistant said we have 4 flavours, beef, lamb, chicken and Crystal Palarse, I said Crystal Palarse, she yes they are the laughing stock.

Oh how I laughed...boom boom

1973 are on the phone. They are missing you.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Your arrogance is embarrassing...

One year of fairweather's jumping on the bandwagon and you think you're suddenly top dogs!

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
You are bigging up your support.What I am saying is that they are not that loyal.We have a crap ground and still get reasonable crowds,you lot did not.

In no way did I 'big up' our support. That is absolutely incorrect. I simply stated the fact that we have a lot of season ticket holders next year BECAUSE THE STADIUM MAKES A DIFFERENCE. I did not say our support was amazing. Nor did I say that the new supporters are loyal. I am fully aware that they are new and only time will tell if they stick around. The point still remains that our numbers have risen due to a new stadium and you can't deny that. That is fact and not a big up. Well done for getting reasonable crowds yourself whilst being in the championship and the occasional season in the prem. You must be proud. For the record though, having been through what we have been through - selling our ground for peanuts, ground sharing at Gillingham for 2 season, playing at a terrible stadium for 12 years, it is amazing that we have come through that and are in better shape than ever. Now that is something that we fans are proud of and believe me we have many loyal fans who have stuck with the Albion through thin and thinner.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Ignorant Palace thickies as usual - no surprise there when when one of them is Little Al. Bringing up the size of our support last time we were in the Championship is plain stupid - the ground held 8500. Of course we used to have a ground that held a lot more, but we had the thing sold from under us, because we were in debt and it suited the scum board we had at the time to do that. That did an incredible damage to our fanbase. You lot? You wipe your debts out every 5yrs by going into admin, then carry on spending cash you never have buying players you can't afford. Our new ground is something that the whole of Sussex is proud of and thus our floating support - most of whom never really stopped following the Albion - have given it/and the club, a huge vote of confidence by buying season tickets. I was a season ticket holder last season and this season I will be sitting with 3 others who weren't, they are all Albion fans.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Palace fans arriving at Selhurst

x22011800.jpg

Last edited:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
And gone into administration more than twice robbing their creditors. Thieves.
and you've robbed the good people of Falmer their peace and quiet and ruined a lovely area with that meccano set.Did they use the leftover pieces from the Colchester ground?

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
"Rubbish" which part of your team (losely said) are you refering too? Ground? Team? Fans? Players? Area? Caravan Site? Plastic Cheerleaders? (although look ok)
Everything that you write.
Which part of Moulsecombe do you live in?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
and you've robbed the good people of Falmer their peace and quiet and ruined a lovely area with that meccano set.Did they use the leftover pieces from the Colchester ground?

i sense jealousy, its a horrible thing

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I hate to defend them, but is it not a bit disrespectful to Crawley Town FC for Palace to be going idiot-fishing in the Crawley area?

It must be a right pain for Palace that, now their crowds are dropping and they're desperate to pick up more floaters, Crawley are in line for their most successful season ever. Remember the fuss Gillingham made when Charlton started running coaches from their part of Kent? This is similar, surely. A town with its very own Football League team for the first time ever, and they're finding posters around town begging the locals to come to Selhurst Park.

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here