Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace posters

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I notice that East Grinstead sports club is a "centre of excellenc" for Palace. They are certainly more than welcome to that particular Sussex shithole

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
It's Quite funny reading through their message thread. Load of sad people using the one brain cell they have between them, working out how to get more brain dead to join them. I wonder if they have thought of posting one in the local mortuary, or even the cemetery.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
edna krabappel;4163416 now their crowds are dropping and they're [/QUOTE said:
Wrong.They were slightly up last year.How many season tickets did you get sold at the Withdean last year?Stadium is no excuse as apparently our ground is shit as well and we sold 9000+.
While we are at it what was your average crowd last time you were in the championship(if it was called that back then).I'll tell you 6426:clap2: and your lowest was under 6000:clap2::clap2:.Where were they all then?
A poor season at Selhurst and we still averaged 15351 with our lowest being on a wet,winter night against watford 12351.
DELUDED

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wrong.They were slightly up last year.How many season tickets did you get sold at the Withdean last year?Stadium is no excuse as apparently our ground is shit as well and we sold 9000+.
While we are at it what was your average crowd last time you were in the championship(if it was called that back then).I'll tell you 6426:clap2: and your lowest was under 6000:clap2::clap2:.Where were they all then?
A poor season at Selhurst and we still averaged 15351 with our lowest being on a wet,winter night against watford 12351.
DELUDED
What do you mean "deluded"?

Yes, we had shit crowds. Because we had a shit ground. Now we have a better ground than you and so predictably our gates will be miles higher than yours. No delusion there, just FACTS.

Oct 25, 2003
DELUDED

i like the way ALL palace fans on here seem to be living in the past, completely ignoring the present AND the future

"oooh, look at what we did in the 90's blah blah blah"

getting big crowds, or small crowds in the past has absolutely no bearing on the present

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
DELUDED

You say the stadium is not an excuse. Please answer this then: Why have we got so many season ticket holders for next season? Why have we got double the amount of Palace? I think you will find it is because people would rather watch football at a nicer stadium. Therefore the stadium is clearly a huge factor and if you can't see that then you must be thick. There are some intelligent Palace posters on this board. Not you though.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Chaps, calm down on the Crawley bitching, its not needed, There are shite loads of Brighton Fans in Crawley and surrounding areas and we all hate the scummy pikeys as much as you folk on the coast. Whats interesting to know is that whilst Pararse struggle to get the numbers up, Brighton and Crawley have done fanstatically in there numbers, Crawley are up to around 1500 season ticket holders so far which is a great effort and i would say a large majority of those addtional holders were Palace or Hammers fans!! Not Brighton. Up the SUSSEX. But more up the Brighton!!

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
What do you mean "deluded"?

Yes, we had shit crowds. Because we had a shit ground. Now we have a better ground than you and so predictably our gates will be miles higher than yours. No delusion there, just FACTS.
Well Selhurst is hardly the Emirates is it but we still go_Our gates are still pretty good and if we have a decent season they will go up.The delusion is that you are claiming to be a well supported club when that is patently not the case,history proves that.One season in a new Lego stadium is no proof as even Reading multiplied their gates by 5 fold when they moved and last season they only had a couple of thousand more than us despite the difference in league positions.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
i like the way ALL palace fans on here seem to be living in the past, completely ignoring the present AND the future

"oooh, look at what we did in the 90's blah blah blah"

getting big crowds, or small crowds in the past has absolutely no bearing on the present
That's funny I thought all these new fans were returnees,therefore gates in the past must contribute to the present sell out.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
DELUDED

and when we were last in the Championship our capacity was only about 7300, so a 90% average is not a bad turn out for a club playing in a terrible stadium like palace..sorry Withdean......the supporters were all there still and i am sure if you look at the away stas for that season we were in fact up there in the top 3. Unlike you guys who could got find a place to park the caravan so didnt bother to travel.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
and when we were last in the Championship our capacity was only about 7300, so a 90% average is not a bad turn out for a club playing in a terrible stadium like palace..sorry Withdean......the supporters were all there still and i am sure if you look at the away stas for that season we were in fact up there in the top 3. Unlike you guys who could got find a place to park the caravan so didnt bother to travel.
Stupid argument.Percentages mean f*** all.Caravans bloody hilarious.You should be on the stage sunshine.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well Selhurst is hardly the Emirates is it but we still go_Our gates are still pretty good and if we have a decent season they will go up.The delusion is that you are claiming to be a well supported club when that is patently not the case,history proves that.One season in a new Lego stadium is no proof as even Reading multiplied their gates by 5 fold when they moved and last season they only had a couple of thousand more than us despite the difference in league positions.
Nonsense. Huge season ticket sales this season simply proves that our support is fickle, but equally that it is there.

And Lego? rofl. Have you seen the pics? It's not exactly Chesterfield or Colchester FFS.

And you're not wrong about Selhurst hardly like the Emirates. It's a tip, and you're stuck in it for years and years to come while our shiny new stadium expands and expands again to accomodate demand. What you're witnessing is the changing of the guard and you don't like it.

Still, at least you've got our league one striker because our manager didn't think he was worth fighting over. pmsl.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
You are bigging up your support.What I am saying is that they are not that loyal.We have a crap ground and still get reasonable crowds,you lot did not.

you will actully find that if you did in fact research that season, it was a sell out for most games, it was the fact that visiting fans such as Palaese did not sell out there allocation so average appeared lower.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Stupid argument.Percentages mean f*** all.Caravans bloody hilarious.You should be on the stage sunshine.

I went in to a shop one day to buy some stock and the lady assistant said we have 4 flavours, beef, lamb, chicken and Crystal Palarse, I said Crystal Palarse, she yes they are the laughing stock.

Oh how I laughed...boom boom

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here