Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace owners calling us scum!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
And have no morals?

It's nothing to do with morals , it wasn't their debt so why would they pay off a previous owners mistakes . If you disregard the palace issue it makes perfect business sense .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Obviously I'm not going to do that.
Anyway I'd say they got for exactly what it is worth, factoring in inflation I'd say Alan Mullery was about correct on that front.

Mullery knew fu ck all!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'm sure we'd have heard something if he had invested in Palace.

I'm sure bloom will lose more personal money than our 4 owners in the long run .

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Any Brighton fan upset over this is taking it way toooo seriously.

But Palace fans trying to preach on over how pathetic we are would do well to remember the amount of Palace fans who got their knickers in a twist when Matt Sparrow tweeting about wanting to leave Croydon quick to get back to Brighton. Some proper twatish, and of course homophobic, whines soon followed.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm sure bloom will lose more personal money than our 4 owners in the long run .
Probably, he's propped us up for more than half the Withdean era (that we know of) and paid for the Amex out of his own pocket, there's only one of him and four of them, and he didn't acquire the club in any sleazy unscrupulous but money saving for them personally and heartily endorsed by the Palace fans manner.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Genuine question, has anyone ever asked them about why they only paid 1% of the debts when they took over? Since they're apparently four massively wealthy individuals? And if so what was their answer?

I did and the moderators banned me from that forum. There are not many cases of 'billionaires' becoming 'billionaires' by having a heart and being generous.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He made a joke, and said he was only joking, I can't see the problem.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's nothing to do with morals , it wasn't their debt so why would they pay off a previous owners mistakes . If you disregard the palace issue it makes perfect business sense .

Why should one disregard the 'Palace Issue'? They are 'Palace fans' buying Palace, based in the area of Crystal Palace/Norwood/etc. It is always sickening to see some consortium/new owner waltz in and splash the cash with much trumpeting and little/insignificant people end up losing out.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
While it is tin-pot behaviour from the top drawer, I can't get angry about it, it's just hilarious.

They are hurting SO bad about the fact we have, within a very short space of time, completely overtaken them. Howl and bitch as much as you like Palace goons, but there will be around 21-22,000 season tickets at the Amex this season. I'll say that again. 21,000 season tickets. Average crowds of around 25,000. And we'll finish higher than you. Again.

I know it's painful after 25 years with the whip hand on crowds and league position but it's gone, and the delusion at Selhurst about that fact is laughable. You've been left trailing, it's your worst nightmare and a dream come true for us. And knowing this I'll even happily give you your final moment of resistance at the Amex last season, in the way somone might pat a harmless poodle on the head.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I did and the moderators banned me from that forum. There are not many cases of 'billionaires' becoming 'billionaires' by having a heart and being generous.

Well you are a away fan and you know the rules on the BBSpunish:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
While it is tin-pot behaviour from the top drawer, I can't get angry about it, it's just hilarious.

They are hurting SO bad about the fact we have, within a very short space of time, completely overtaken them. Howl and bitch as much as you like Palace goons, but there will be around 21-22,000 season tickets at the Amex this season. I'll say that again. 21,000 season tickets. Average crowds of around 25,000. And we'll finish higher than you. Again.

I know it's painful after 25 years with the whip hand on crowds and league position but it's gone, and the delusion at Selhurst about that fact is laughable. You've been left trailing, it's your worst nightmare and a dream come true for us. And knowing this I'll even happily give you your final moment of resistance at the Amex last season, in the way somone might pat a harmless poodle on the head.
You are right we are completely deverstated at your re birth .

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Speaks volumes. :nono:
It must be troubling for more thoughtful Palace fans, if there are any, that what you'd think was the biggest sounding board for Palace fans is so in the pocket of a board with a proven record of amoral money driven dealings.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Oddly enough, my reasonable posts and supportive posts were accepted before I dared to question the mighty CPFC2010.

You were still an away fan barrel and rules are rules .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here