Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace or Newcastle - If we could only beat one of them, who would you choose?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
palace win would go a long way to erasing the humiliation of the home defeat , it would also cement a high to mid table spot , i don't think we need a cup run to be honest.???

DavePage

I am looking for a win against Newcastle, why?
Because Palarse are quite capable of beating themselves so why worry?
Next round plus 3 points.
Did we not get knocked out of the cup then lose to ....
They get knocked out of a lesser cup and....
or am I missing something

oh yes that was it we had played 4 major games (well 3 + palarse) in 11 days
they however rested most of their team last saturday (good call), and lost, then lost in the cup, then don’t play this Saturday because, oh yes because they lost in the cup.
Ummmmmm theres a pattern here!!!
Anyway, to be honest they are crap!! and as long as the Brighton players can get over the stench of the horse manure from the car park, we should piss it.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
When the "only buy their clothing from the club shop brigade" are saying Palace then you know you've asked a daft question.

Would be interesting to hear what the Palace divs would have said before their game last night if we'd asked them a similar question about beating Cardiff or us.
There were a couple on here saying they'd rather lose to us and beat Cardiff.

Depressing thread this, we couldn't sound more parochial if we tried. It's like listening to a load of Scots in the 1970s: "Och it does nae matter if we don't win the World Cup (or even get out of the group), so long as we beat England in the Home Internationals!"

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

Sorry TIMMY you are wrong there. Nearly every game we play against palace is remembered by both sets of fans and referred to at the expense of each other.

Newcastle? Meh, why I had even FORGOT about Sunderland and Liverpool this season.

Palace? Not A f***ing CHANCE.

Your HATRED of Palace is larger than mine though. I would rather beat Pompey than Palace personally.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Your HATRED of Palace is larger than mine though. I would rather beat Pompey than Palace personally.

Your time in Oz AFFECTED your BRAIN so you are forgiven.

I havte to point it out tho but Southampton have Pomey to bother and vice versa. We are just a footnote to both teams.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Back in the day, there always used to be a fair chunk of our supporters who disliked Portsmouth more than Palace (including me), and while Southampton were out of the picture I could understand it, because we'd get a certain amount of venom back from their scummy fans. i.e. their fans didn't like us much either.

However, Southampton and Portsmouth have played at a similar level for a decade now so Portsmouth are consumed with rivalry with them, and of course we have our own traditional requited rivalry with the Nigels who are also in this division. So whilst beating Portsmouth is very pleasing, it doesn't mean anything like as much to me as it used to back in the 1980s.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My ex was a Pompey fan. The stupid f***ing cunty bitch

Well that would have something to do with it then. Thankfully all my exes havent really liked football but if they did then I would want BHA to SMASH the f*** out of them so I do see your point.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Draw vs Newcastle, win vs Palace?

Anyway, much rather beat Palace - we can't have them doing the double over us. Besides, there's no shame in losing to a team like Newcastle.

If you can guarantee that we'd go on to reach the final if we beat Newcastle, I might change my opinion

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Palace by a mile, not even close. Mainly to help ease the pain of the home game, but there would be other bonuses like keeping up our own good run, pressuring the play-off places and leaving them trailing in the table.

Newcastle would be nice, but not in the same league. In fact my biggest fear about Tuesday is that yet again we have a huge distraction shortly before it, as with Liverpool/Leeds TV games last time, while they've had a week off.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Palace by a mile, not even close. Mainly to help ease the pain of the home game, but there would be other bonuses like keeping up our own good run, pressuring the play-off places and leaving them trailing in the table.

Newcastle would be nice, but not in the same league. In fact my biggest fear about Tuesday is that yet again we have a huge distraction shortly before it, as with Liverpool/Leeds TV games last time, while they've had a week off.

Thankfully this time its tempered by the fact that Palace have to STEW for a week on the manner of their loss and having their capt sent off!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Palarse all the way not just for the win but more important 3 points!!!!
Sorry, I can accept people wanting to beat Palace rather than Newcastle because of the rivalry, but leaving that aside how on earth are three points 'more important' than progressing in the FA Cup?

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
A lot of Palace fans voted a win V the Bha scum ahead of Cardiff, not me tho I wanted to get to the final,oh well wasn't to be,but still the Man U win will live long in the memory.
I think you'll get the win :( we're pants at the moment and confidence mega low.
No matter what happens next week we already made our history for the record books, CRYSTAL PALACE the 1st team to win a league game at the Amex:lolol::tosser:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, I can accept people wanting to beat Palace rather than Newcastle because of the rivalry, but leaving that aside how on earth are three points 'more important' than progressing in the FA Cup?

But Palace isn't 'three points', something even Gus failed to grasp first time round. He knows now. It's the same the world over, some matches are more important than others and there is a lot more at stake than points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here