Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace or Newcastle - If we could only beat one of them, who would you choose?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
This to soon thing is rubbish,gus is capable of building the right squad and norwich look to be having a cushty time.

Many clubs say that but have been trying for 5,6,7 years etc to make the prem,if you get the chance you must take it:)

Norwich deservedly went up automatically with a points total in the high eighties if memory serves correct. We won't achieve that the best we can hope for is to scrape by via the playoff's. Only a month ago people were talking about our form and relegation (I wasn't one). Our current playing squad is nowhere near ready enough to cope with the demands of Premiership football. The only players who probably could would be Dunk, Bridcutt, Noone & Buckley and they are all unproven at that level. We would have to buy half a dozen players and hope they all settle quickly. The one question mark in Gus's management so far is his record in the transfer market it's by no means poor but it isn't great by any stretch of the imagination.

Remember Blackpool were in a similar position to Norwich & Swansea last season and even if they both stay up for every Norwich and Swansea there is a Watford & Derby. Plus I'm loving the Championship and could quite easily put up with a few more years in this division.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
only one answer really isnt there, but i think we will do both

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I can't believe I'm saying this, Newcastle.

If the Palace game was at home, it would be a no brainer, but if we beat Newcastle at home, The Amex will be jumping and its on tv as well.

We're not ready for the Prem yet, so the league can play its self out and I'll take an exciting cup run. Next season, its all about the league!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
I can't believe I'm saying this, Newcastle.

If the Palace game was at home, it would be a no brainer, but if we beat Newcastle at home, The Amex will be jumping and its on tv as well.

We're not ready for the Prem yet, so the league can play its self out and I'll take an exciting cup run. Next season, its all about the league!

i dont want a cup run, ive booked my digs for blackpool away and thats the weekend of the 6th round,

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I hate to say it - but I think we'll lose to Palace - because they have no
match this weekend and we'll be cream-crackered from Saturday.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Anyone who says anything other than Palace is WRONG.

Not only is it the league, which is infinitely more important, but it's Palace.

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
Palace, but as I live in Gateshead, and will be watching the Newcastle match with neighbours who support the Magpies, I hope we can at least draw on Saturday.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Newcastle please-next round,St Andrews,Hawthorns,Villa Park,pretty please.Failing that,ffsMurray og 0-1 win at Crippled Alice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here