Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace on Talksport - nominated most cringeworthy club

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
It's hard to say, you seem like a normal fan which is rare from a Palace fan on this board. I think we can close the gap on you, then our game, anything can happen. You have a good side that's for sure. It's a good thing that we can look forward to the 17th knowing there will be a bumper crowd and quality teams on both sides.
I don't know is the honest answer to your last question, it depends how good Ulloa actually is. He looks pretty impressive so far. Also we have midfielders in shed loads and almost have a stronger bench than on the pitch. But one thing I do know, if we start to click, we'll knock a few teams for 4 or 5 and I hope it starts on the 17th.

Some of the Palace fans that come on here are just here to beat their chests or wind others up, not to talk about football. Then again some BHA are just as bad. I think that when we start to really click again then it will be all over for other teams, but maybe im biased. I posted a couple of weeks ago that all Brighton need is for it to fall into place and then you will start to come good. Something that I find funny though is that you all suddenly think because you have beaten Cardiff that your top six spot is already booked, lets face it, if they had there scoring boots on it would have been a very different scoreline. Even im not sure of a top 6 spot for Palace but im a lot more confident than I was in November/December. As for our game, I seriously cannot see you beating us and think at the best you will get a draw.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As for our game, I seriously cannot see you beating us and think at the best you will get a draw.

Only an idiot posts something like that (I should know, I've done enough of it myself in the past). There are absolutely no guarantees in football, so much can change between now and that game in terms of injuries/form dip/you getting more than 16k at home etc. so best keep quiet eh?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
164231hp2.jpg

288323729-24012012230923.jpg

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Only an idiot posts something like that (I should know, I've done enough of it myself in the past). There are absolutely no guarantees in football, so much can change between now and that game in terms of injuries/form dip/you getting more than 16k at home etc. so best keep quiet eh?

How does giving my opinion make me an idiot? as I said I cannot see you beating us in March, simple as that. Obviously I could be totally wrong but my feeling is we will not lose, either a draw or a win.
As for posting the pictures lol, erm when were they taken??

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
League Cup Semi Final second leg last season. lol.

So let me get this right, you are posting pictures of another team to try and prove that Brighton are better? where did Brighton get in the league cup? are you naturally a bellend or do you work at it?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No answer to my question then, just a waffling response. I have managed to work it out though. Try these people, maybe they can help

FRANK

Isn't it fantastic how quickly the veneer can be stripped away? Remember this post of yours from above?

Some of the Palace fans that come on here are just here to beat their chests or wind others up, not to talk about football.

And what that other thing you said? Oh yes - 'lol' :lolol:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Isn't it fantastic how quickly the veneer can be stripped away? Remember this post of yours from above?

Some of the Palace fans that come on here are just here to beat their chests or wind others up, not to talk about football.

And what that other thing you said? Oh yes - 'lol' :lolol:

You are trying to wind me up not the other way around, you stated something I had said was idiotic etc and then when I responded you started posting pictures OF A TEAM YOU DO NOT EVEN SUPPORT. :wanker:

- - - Updated - - -

He was in fact born and bred a bell end from a long line of bell ends apparently!

Now that really made me laugh, thanks

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
" Diddy " David Hamilton used to be pitchside and PA at one of the London clubs...methinks it was either Palace or Fulham. Is he still doing it and if so, is he the guilty party at Selhurst?
The ' stripey Nigels ' reference last night was hilarious ( made me burst out laughing in the car ) Just shows the disdain that Millwall have for Palace and maybe goes some of the way to explain ' the parting of the ways ' in the 70's....theory....
1) Millwall's reputation has always gone before them. They were fearsome, to say the least then and no young Palace fan in his right mind would have wanted them as their fiercest rivals.
2) Brighton ( although they could be tasty at times ) were not in Millwall's league. It was a better town to visit and a more even contest.
3) The young Millwall fans growing up ( already trained and schooled by their elders ) felt there was no challenge at Palace, saw their previous rivals turning their attentions southwards and turned to WHU, for ' a bit more action '
4) Ever since, Millwall have looked down their noses at Palace and the ' Stripey Nigels ' tag sums up the attitude perfectly.

I now plead with all BHA fans to adopt this moniker forthwith. Dispense with Palace or Palarse and forevermore refer to our friends up the road as........
" THE STRIPEY NIGELS "

Are you one of your famous JCL's? The rivallry with Brighton was not manufactured or decided upon because it's 'a nice place to visit' you numpty. It was born out of circumstances over several years in the 70's. (Do I really have to explain it to the likes of you on NSC of all places?) You don't choose rivals you idiot. They just develop.
Now don't get me wrong, I hate Scumwall with a passion and a game against the knuckledraggers is always a tasty affair but you lot will always be the number one priority to turn over in a rival situation.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Some of the Palace fans that come on here are just here to beat their chests or wind others up, not to talk about football. Then again some BHA are just as bad. I think that when we start to really click again then it will be all over for other teams, but maybe im biased. I posted a couple of weeks ago that all Brighton need is for it to fall into place and then you will start to come good. Something that I find funny though is that you all suddenly think because you have beaten Cardiff that your top six spot is already booked, lets face it, if they had there scoring boots on it would have been a very different scoreline. Even im not sure of a top 6 spot for Palace but im a lot more confident than I was in November/December. As for our game, I seriously cannot see you beating us and think at the best you will get a draw.

It's not the Cardiff result, it's since Ulloa and Upson came really. We now have more options and have shown more steel than before. We've beaten the top 2 in the division and need to pick up maximum points from our home games before we meet you. You don't think we can beat you? Well you better not conceed first because we have not lost a game all season when we have gone in front. We had a bit of a nightmare with Dunk up at Selhurst but down here in front of 28-29k fans and a team that's desperate for a bit of revenge and I think we'll pick up all 3 points. After all, we owe you a good hiding!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
This thread has had some sparks of comic gold.

Killed some boring train time reading it.

That business about announcing the goal scorers first name so the fans can shout it back is absolutely comedy. Its so cheesy I kinda like it.

And goal music is comedic too. Cambridge Utd used to play "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" after they scored which I always enjoyed. Dont hear that song enough.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
It's not the Cardiff result, it's since Ulloa and Upson came really. We now have more options and have shown more steel than before. We've beaten the top 2 in the division and need to pick up maximum points from our home games before we meet you. You don't think we can beat you? Well you better not conceed first because we have not lost a game all season when we have gone in front. We had a bit of a nightmare with Dunk up at Selhurst but down here in front of 28-29k fans and a team that's desperate for a bit of revenge and I think we'll pick up all 3 points. After all, we owe you a good hiding!

I remember responding to a thread a couple of weeks ago where people were moaning about Dobbie coming to us and I said if it meant you got Upson then you should be pleased. I have to admit I would gladly swap Dobbie for Upson.
Exactly you think you will win and I think you wont, its just a difference of opinion. But some will accuse me of being deluded. Anyway im not to worried about March 17th yet as im more worried about our next match and so on.

I remember responding to a thread a couple of weeks ago where people were moaning about Dobbie coming to us and I said if it meant you got Upson then you should be pleased. I have to admit I would gladly swap Dobbie for Upson.
Exactly you think you will win and I think you wont, its just a difference of opinion. But some will accuse me of being deluded. Anyway im not to worried about March 17th yet as im more worried about our next match and so on.

Sensible approach as you have not won an away match, in any competition, since early November. Shocking away form and brilliant home form does not get anyone promoted.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Sensible approach as you have not won an away match, in any competition, since early November. Shocking away form and brilliant home form does not get anyone promoted.

But it gets you fourth place at this stage of the season ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
But it gets you fourth place at this stage of the season ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You've won four and lost three of your last ten games. We've won four and only lost two of our last ten (including two recent victories against the top two). Quite some claim you make above that 'the best we (BHA) can probably hope for out of the March 17th game is a draw.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here