Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace on Talksport - nominated most cringeworthy club

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
If the resident palace mongs would take a slice of realism, there really isn't much between our teams this season, palace have good home form and that's about it, away from home they are decidedly average. Our away form is better, overall they have scored more goals but let in more than us too, we have both only lost 7 games this season which is pretty good for both teams. off the field everything about the Albion is superior, the stadium, the number of supporters through the gates, the infrastructure and set-up, the chairman, the long term prospects and once the academy is up and running I expect we will be poaching the best talent in the region from under their noses. Other than current league position there is not one thing about their decrepit crumbling club that I would wish we had, it is and will always be one of Londons less well supported and mediocre clubs in the absolute weeping arsehole of a location.

We don't care how big we are.
We know this year we are 9 points and a 3-0 romp better than you.
It's you lot who have delusions of grandeur.
Now we know what everyone thinks of Crystal Palace, try having a guess what everyone thinks when Brighton is mentioned.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We don't care how big we are.
We know this year we are 9 points and a 3-0 romp better than you.
It's you lot who have delusions of grandeur.
Now we know what everyone thinks of Crystal Palace, try having a guess what everyone thinks when Brighton is mentioned.

I would not know.... i don't go on other teams forums.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Bothered, no. Pity you, yes. You make out you're so much superior than us but the fact that there are constant Palace bashing threads on here shows that all those years of inferiority have really got to you especially now that the one time you should be well above us on the pitch, what with your amazing stadium, more fans and bigger spending power, you aren't. The frustration must be a killer.

Of course you are bothered, that's why you are here after all posting on your rivals forum because it eats you up so much and you can't help yourself. I've never posted even one post on the palace BBS, or felt the need to check and see what the nasty Nigel's are posting about my beloved Albion! What would be the point? I dont get why you and half a dozen of your similarly irked palace noddies keep coming back for more, you must be gluttons for punishment. At least you have the grace to concede we should be above you and yes it is frustrating that we aren't however that won't last in the long term. Now toddle off back to your Croydon dump and be a good little troll.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I love this idea that because Brighton will have an academy set up at some point in the future, they're going to be able to produce top quality players or even steal talent from us :lolol:

Loads of clubs in England have an academy, and yet you don't even need one hand to count the amount of clubs who can genuinely say theirs is anywhere close to being as good as ours.

Palace's academy has produced incredible quality over the last few years: Clyne, Moses, Zaha, etc.
Brighton's academy is extremely unlikely to produce anyone as good as that for an extremely long time. You don't just start an academy and see immediate results, producing top Premiership players has been the goal at Palace for decades.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
This reminds me...

There was an advert which ran for a while recently and it had "Glad all over" playing through it.

I Asked her ( my fiancée) "do you know why I hate this f***ing song?" she thinks for a minute and says "was it the first dance at your wedding?"

Imagine the bride and groom...just wed...the family gathered round cameras ready for the big moment...the bride, beautiful in her ivory silk gown, the groom looking masculine and proud in his morning suit...the kiss and then..."boom biddy boom biddy boom..an I'm feelin' boom boom boom..glad all over..yes aim..." f***ing hell how I laughed.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I love this idea that because Brighton will have an academy set up at some point in the future, they're going to be able to produce top quality players or even steal talent from us :lolol:

Loads of clubs in England have an academy, and yet you don't even need one hand to count the amount of clubs who can genuinely say theirs is anywhere close to being as good as ours.

Palace's academy has produced incredible quality over the last few years: Clyne, Moses, Zaha, etc.
Brighton's academy is extremely unlikely to produce anyone as good as that for an extremely long time. You don't just start an academy and see immediate results, producing top Premiership players has been the goal at Palace for decades.

Complete new coaches in the Academy now. Maybe you should look at the academy teams results this season as opposed to last season. Played a lot of the top academy's from the Prem, academy's that were beating our lads easily a while back. Have a look now at the results...... and once the training facilities are in place (you do realise where the lads train now don't you) then things will improve.
A new dawn is on the horizon.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This reminds me...

There was an advert which ran for a while recently and it had "Glad all over" playing through it.

I Asked her ( my fiancée) "do you know why I hate this f***ing song?" she thinks for a minute and says "was it the first dance at your wedding?"

Imagine the bride and groom...just wed...the family gathered round cameras ready for the big moment...the bride, beautiful in her ivory silk gown, the groom looking masculine and proud in his morning suit...the kiss and then..."boom biddy boom biddy boom..an I'm feelin' boom boom boom..glad all over..yes aim..." f***ing hell how I laughed.

Then the announcer would say " And the bridegroom is Glen Murray...... that's Glen ( join in congregation) MURRAY...... loud drum beat to follow. :wink:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Palace academy started producing decent players after the boom of foreign nationals coming in.

It's not the magic of Selhurst. Merely a (quasi-)London based club with opportunities for players to make a name for themselves.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
[B]Of course you are bothered, that's why you are here after all posting on your rivals forum because it eats you up so much and you can't help yourself. I've never posted even one post on the palace BBS, or felt the need to check and see what the nasty Nigel's are posting about my beloved Albion! What would be the point[/B]? I dont get why you and half a dozen of your similarly irked palace noddies keep coming back for more, you must be gluttons for punishment. At least you have the grace to concede we should be above you and yes it is frustrating that we aren't however that won't last in the long term. Now toddle off back to your Croydon dump and be a good little troll.

Yet there's you doing exactly the same thing in theory, clicking on the Palace threads and responding to them...pot, kettle, black. If you were so sure of yourself or see us as such an insignificance, you wouldn't reply would you?! And you can just tell from your aggressive posting style that Palace's superiority over you does in fact massively bug you despite your denials. To counter this you have to lay into a town to make your point. Here's a thought for you mate. A lot of our support live in places other than Croydon, London is a pretty big city you know! Finally, the icing on the cake is when you go on about the long term, as if it's just a matter of time before this supposed changing of the guard happens. Funny that, you've been using that line for a good 2 or 3 years now and it's yet to happen. But silly me, you have a better stadium and a few more fans than us, it's inevitable!! :cry:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Then the announcer would say " And the bridegroom is Glen Murray...... that's Glen ( join in congregation) MURRAY...... loud drum beat to follow. :wink:

Surely the priest would shout. "and the groom will be scoring with". (Congregation shout) " THE BRIDE!" at the Holiday Inn Southend..boom biddy Boombiddy boom

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Yet there's you doing exactly the same thing in theory, clicking on the Palace threads and responding to them...pot, kettle, black. If you were so sure of yourself or see us as such an insignificance, you wouldn't reply would you?! And you can just tell from your aggressive posting style that Palace's superiority over you does in fact massively bug you despite your denials. To counter this you have to lay into a town to make your point. Here's a thought for you mate. A lot of our support live in places other than Croydon, London is a pretty big city you know! Finally, the icing on the cake is when you go on about the long term, as if it's just a matter of time before this supposed changing of the guard happens. Funny that, you've been using that line for a good 2 or 3 years now and it's yet to happen. But silly me, you have a better stadium and a few more fans than us, it's inevitable!! :cry:

You're right. But it's not the bright lights of f***ing Dulwich that irk us..it's the fact that your meteoric rise up the league has been powered by a player who Gus let slip away over a few f***ing quid while your bunch of weird looking directors, shareholders and hangers on laugh in our faces.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bothered, no

Well, thanks a lot to you and all the other noddy complexes for going to the trouble of registering and then making post after post after post whenever Palace's name is mentioned. Yes, you're clearly not bothered one bit. No sirree.

Brighton fans discussing your club with other fans and you just HAVE to join in. Yep, clearly the actions of someone who is definitely not insecure, definitely not bothered. Oh no.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Don't panic. If ours struggles for a while, and yours is still producing results, we'll simply cherry pick your best coaches. :thumbsup:

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
As big of a bunch of wankers that we think they are, or may not be, we cannot deny the table doesn't lie! Nearly the end of Feb and they are 9 points in front us & ffsmurray is banging them in for fun. On top of that we loaned them Dobbie & he has now joined the party. Obviously Poyet didn't like Murray, otherwise we would have kept him! Why let one of your contracted strikers go to one of your rivals though! If you don't rate him fine, he still has pedigree at this level, so loan him out to a struggling team IMO. Hopefully Palarse will f*** it, but pains me to say, they are a good championship side!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
As big of a bunch of wankers that we think they are, or may not be, we cannot deny the table doesn't lie! Nearly the end of Feb and they are 9 points in front us & ffsmurray is banging them in for fun. On top of that we loaned them Dobbie & he has now joined the party. Obviously Poyet didn't like Murray, otherwise we would have kept him! Why let one of your contracted strikers go to one of your rivals though! If you don't rate him fine, he still has pedigree at this level, so loan him out to a struggling team IMO. Hopefully Palarse will f*** it, but pains me to say, they are a good championship side!

They are a decent side, no one is doubting that. They do however have massive delusional ego complexes where they believe they are the best team in the world. Instead of a bunch of one trick admin ponies with a couple of ex Albion players scoring for them. The gap has been about 9 points since Christmas so we have largely the same form. If we win out game in hand and they slip up anywhere, not to mention our match at the Amex, we'll pull them under and finish above them. Poor little eagles.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
They are a decent side, no one is doubting that. They do however have massive delusional ego complexes where they believe they are the best team in the world. Instead of a bunch of one trick admin ponies with a couple of ex Albion players scoring for them. The gap has been about 9 points since Christmas so we have largely the same form. If we win out game in hand and they slip up anywhere, not to mention our match at the Amex, we'll pull them under and finish above them. Poor little eagles.

No one I know that supports Palace believes we are the best team in the world, in fact none of us believe we are the best team in the championship. That accolade just has to go to Cardiff. I also believe Watford are a good side but lets face it if the rules change next year then they will be stuffed so forget about them.
As for "with a couple of ex Albion players scoring for them", im not to fussed about Dobbie as I cannot see his form continuing but I hope it does. As for Murray he is the dogs dangly bits, its not our fault he is here, you need to look closer to home for the blame.
I seriously do not think you will finish above us, I cannot see it. This is not because I am deluded, trust me when you support Palace you learn not to get your hopes up. I actually hope we can somehow get automatic, I dont believe we will but I dont think I can take the stress of the play-offs. Between now and the 17th a lot can happen, for example if Murray got injured that would be us seriously lacking, we have Phillips but I doubt he can last a whole game, but then again he does not seem to need to. If any of your main players were injured, do you have sufficient cover to still make a run at the top 6?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
No one I know that supports Palace believes we are the best team in the world, in fact none of us believe we are the best team in the championship. That accolade just has to go to Cardiff. I also believe Watford are a good side but lets face it if the rules change next year then they will be stuffed so forget about them.
As for "with a couple of ex Albion players scoring for them", im not to fussed about Dobbie as I cannot see his form continuing but I hope it does. As for Murray he is the dogs dangly bits, its not our fault he is here, you need to look closer to home for the blame.
I seriously do not think you will finish above us, I cannot see it. This is not because I am deluded, trust me when you support Palace you learn not to get your hopes up. I actually hope we can somehow get automatic, I dont believe we will but I dont think I can take the stress of the play-offs. Between now and the 17th a lot can happen, for example if Murray got injured that would be us seriously lacking, we have Phillips but I doubt he can last a whole game, but then again he does not seem to need to. If any of your main players were injured, do you have sufficient cover to still make a run at the top 6?

It's hard to say, you seem like a normal fan which is rare from a Palace fan on this board. I think we can close the gap on you, then our game, anything can happen. You have a good side that's for sure. It's a good thing that we can look forward to the 17th knowing there will be a bumper crowd and quality teams on both sides.
I don't know is the honest answer to your last question, it depends how good Ulloa actually is. He looks pretty impressive so far. Also we have midfielders in shed loads and almost have a stronger bench than on the pitch. But one thing I do know, if we start to click, we'll knock a few teams for 4 or 5 and I hope it starts on the 17th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here