Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace - home end

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I've been offered a free ticket for the 18th - in the home end. "Courtesy" of my Palarse-supporting friend.

I didn't buy a ticket from the club because I can't really afford it at the moment - now I genuinely don't know what to do.

I can sit with the Holmesdale troglodytes for 90 minutes knowing that I've got to keep quiet if we score and suffer in silence if they do. Or I can miss the game completely but know I could have been there.

What should I do?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
crasher said:
I've been offered a free ticket for the 18th - in the home end. "Courtesy" of my Palarse-supporting friend.

I didn't buy a ticket from the club because I can't really afford it at the moment - now I genuinely don't know what to do.

I can sit with the Holmesdale troglodytes for 90 minutes knowing that I've got to keep quiet if we score and suffer in silence if they do. Or I can miss the game completely but know I could have been there.

What should I do?

Are you a man or a mouse? You have to go.
And wear your stripes. And cheer when we score. Perhaps not.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'd find out where Ossie Ardiles will be sitting. He commands so much respect in the game that I'm sure you'll be safe as houses.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
crasher said:

What should I do?
Have you ever considered suicide bombing?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Re: Re: Palace - home end

Come and join us my friend - you'll get a good old South London welcome if the Tescos do happen to score.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Go Go Go.... on the basis of recent games we will, unfortunatley have nothing to cheer about!!!!!

Dandyman

In London village.
crasher said:

What should I do?

Sit in the home end. The thought processes of most Croydonites are so slow that you will have left the ground and be home in bed by the time they have worked out who you are.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
crasher said:

What should I do?

remember to where your shirt,it will go down well?:ohmy:

DSCF8189.sized.jpg

Last edited:

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Re: Re: Palace - home end

brighton rock said:
remember to where your shirt,it will go down well?:ohmy:

DSCF8189.sized.jpg

Must be a bloody big caravan site outside. There's more Pikeys there than we get each summer trying to Tarmac our drives.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Palace - home end

paulie said:
Come and join us my friend - you'll get a good old South London welcome if the Tescos do happen to score.

You should be able to spot me anyway. I'll be the one walking upright.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Palace - home end

crasher said:
You should be able to spot me anyway. I'll be the one walking upright.

Once you're spotted you won't be walking again in a hurry.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
crasher said:

What should I do?
Go for it...........You won't be the only Brighton in there:eek: :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In my experience the biggest problem with being the away fan in the home section is not when BHA score (probably not an issue for this particular game!) but when the opposition score. There is no way I can fake any kind of excitement in that situation and when you're just left sitting there whilst everyone is going mental around you it 'outs you' pretty quickly. I wouldn't fancy trying to stay incognito in the Holmesdale for a 1-0 defeat, let alone another 5-0 (not that that's going to happen of course).

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Cheeky Monkey said:
In my experience the biggest problem with being the away fan in the home section is not when BHA score (probably not an issue for this particular game!) but when the opposition score. There is no way I can fake any kind of excitement in that situation and when you're just left sitting there whilst everyone is going mental around you it 'outs you' pretty quickly. I wouldn't fancy trying to stay incognito in the Holmesdale for a 1-0 defeat, let alone another 5-0 (not that that's going to happen of course).

I agree lot harder to look happy when the home team score then keep quiet when we do.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Go.

Spend the whole game relentlessly leaping up and trying to start lame "Seaweed" chants, each and every time laughing loudly at how witty 'us' Palace fans are, until even the troglodytes start cringing.

Then do it some more.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Eat some rotton eggs and raw cabbage about 2.00pm on 18/10/05 and Go in there and fart like a cannon

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Stinky Kat said:
Eat some rotton eggs and raw cabbage about 2.00pm on 18/10/05 and Go in there and fart like a cannon
That should freshen the place up a bit:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here