Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace - home end

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You could always go in there, then, suddenly notice that the ticket yer mate gave you is for the home end and you are a Brighton fan, speak to a senior steward and you'll probably get moved into the Brighton end........ probably

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Re: Re: Palace - home end

Dandyman said:
Sit in the home end. The thought processes of most Croydonites are so slow that you will have left the ground and be home in bed by the time they have worked out who you are.
:) Yes...Good advice.

If you can sit on your hands and not say a word you'll get away with it...probably. If you clap/cheer every Brighton Corner, tackle, you will get your head kicked in, Thats a promise im afraid. It'll be a very charged atmosphere, half the crowd will be pissed from drinking all day and the Holmesdale is not the best place to choose..(as a Middlesborough fan found out last season and he was a big fucker!!)

But it's up to you. Are you brave enough? :p

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I never find the goals a problem. You either stay seated when the home team concede (smilingly within) or stand up if they score. No-one will notice whether you are cheering.

I find involuntary calls such as "handball" or "penalty" much harder to suppress.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Re: Re: Palace - home end

bakesy said:
Go for it...........You won't be the only Bright one in there:eek: :lolol:
No i`ll be in there as well :lolol: :lolol:

Come in and have some fun. There`s nothing better then seeing AJ banging em in from the Holmesdale end. All 3/4 of them.:drink:

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I spent the whole game in the Palace family enclosure once. Didn't cheer when we scored, did nothing when they did, not that I had a lot to worry about either way.

If the palace score the monkies will be to busy cheering to notice you scowling, unless you start punching them of course. :lolol:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
northstandnorth said:
go

i am sure if you ask them nicely croyumpbloke and beagles number 1 will sit with you and watch your back.

they couldn't possibly refuse as they love us all so much.
:wave:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
northstandnorth said:
go

i am sure if you ask them nicely croyumpbloke and beagles number 1 will sit with you and watch your back.

they couldn't possibly refuse as they love us all so much.
We`ll pretect him only on the basis that he pays the bar bill, buys the food and matchday tickets and only IF we lose will we inform the Palace residents of his true identity on the full time whistle.:lolol: :lolol:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I went in the Homesdale end in 1979, with about 25 pals.

We had joy we had fun.........

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Billingshurst Eagle

Jan 21, 2004
West Sussex
I think you will be alright if you can restrain yourself otherwise you will get a serious leathering.

As to approaching a steward - don't bother they are all complete !!!!! and would simply throw you out or even have you arrested and your friend banned. The ground rules are simple and explicit about away fans in home ends.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
they were selling tickets in their end to anyone last week,so i doubt you will be alone

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
well i was told by a palace fan that they were !!in a neutral part of the ground where anyone can purchase a ticket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here