Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
God that makes me feel old the 1991 season seem recent history to me 😱

I think it’s 49 which we were relegated with one time. But to me I still think of Division 1 to 4.

@loz, but are you old enough to remember when you last did the double over us?

Sorry, my mistake, even your young, up and coming manager isn’t old enough to remember that.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
We finished 3rd in the top division in 1991, I know its not the premier League, but it was still the top division. No idea how many points. What's the highest finish you have had in the top division?

Bad luck against Forest last night, 75% possession, and lost 3-1, despite Forest also missing a penalty. VAR did you no favours again

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Sorry, my mistake, even your young, up and coming manager isn’t old enough to remember that.

I might be old but I am not Methuselah 😉

rool

Jul 10, 2003
After last night, my biggest fear is that lot catch us. What a sickener that would be. :sick:

Calm, they need to at least wins 4 and draw one of their last five games whilst we pick up nil points in our last 8.
Not to mention turning around a goal difference between us of 26.
Win on Saturday and Gabrielle will be singing.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Calm, they need to at least wins 4 and draw one of their last five games whilst we pick up nil points in our last 8.
Not to mention turning around a goal difference between us of 26.
Win on Saturday and Gabrielle will be singing.
Not saying it will happen. It’s just where my crazed mind runs to after a bad evening at the office.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, for Palace to finish above us this season...

1. They need to win their four remaining fixtures.
2. We need to lose our seven remaining fixtures.
3. Those four wins / seven defeats also need to reverse the 32 goal difference superiority we currently have.

I reckon we might just have this one in the bag.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How the hell VAR didn’t overturn a clear cheating dive I will never know. VAR always kind to them. Not that it matters. 12 points 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
How the hell VAR didn’t overturn a clear cheating dive I will never know. VAR always kind to them. Not that it matters. 12 points 🤣🤣🤣🤣
It's very weird that a team so renown for diving still get decisions like that. A brush of a hand and they get a pen.

A bit like that pen against us when Lamptey jumped to head a cross away and was judged to have fouled some talentless lump. Why do they encourage them?

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Penalty or not, we would have scored, as if the ref plays on, then Doucoure has scored anyway

However, doesnt compare to the beating you lot gave Wolves yesterday. Any other team, I would have been delighted, as Wolves are a nasty cynical team with a fanbase of knuckle draggers, but as it was Brighton, I was mildly happy. European tour in the bag for you know surely

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Penalty or not, we would have scored, as if the ref plays on, then Doucoure has scored anyway

However, doesnt compare to the beating you lot gave Wolves yesterday. Any other team, I would have been delighted, as Wolves are a nasty cynical team with a fanbase of knuckle draggers, but as it was Brighton, I was mildly happy. European tour in the bag for you know surely
No no no no no no no no! Don’t even think about saying stuff like that. The fat lady hasn’t even begun clearing her throat. Lots of football to be played before we know that.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Yes if I had been Doucoure I would have been furious that the whistle went as his follow up shot as the whistle as being blown was a cracking goal, sometimes the ref should just leave play for a second or two in those cases.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
No no no no no no no no! Don’t even think about saying stuff like that. The fat lady hasn’t even begun clearing her throat. Lots of football to be played before we know that.
Well from what we saw that was basically a second team and you still thrashed Wolves, rivals or not that is pretty impressive.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

No, because the ref blew the whistle well before he struck it. Had there been no whistle, who knows where he'd have hit it.

Also, he should have blown the whistle and booked the cheat for diving.

European tour in the bag for you know surely
Still only in 8th :(

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

How odd perceptions are. I've no issue at all with the vulvas. Dislike villa due to them being leeds like in their delusion but yim yamas generally are pretty harmless folk I've found.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Allardyce to Leeds, a month or so ago I thought he was nailed on for a two month stint at Palace

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The state of this clown trying to convince himself that our recruitment strategy isn’t light years ahead of Palace’s.

Let’s just ignore the 200m transfer income over the last 2 seasons despite us still progressing on the pitch.

Also, no coincidence that the same strategy is being used at USG who have gone from Belgium Div 2 to last 8 of Europa League in three seasons - mostly on free transfers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here