Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Come on Palace fans, we've even stopped playing league games to give you a chance to catch up .... only ten points behind now, although we do have four games in hand!
How did Wembley go then?

We can concede defeat this season so that's 2 seasons in a row the mighty Albion have finished above us

Let's hope your form doesnt fall off a cliff like ours did last year after our Wembley defeat

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
How did Wembley go then?

We can concede defeat this season so that's 2 seasons in a row the mighty Albion have finished above us

Let's hope your form doesnt fall off a cliff like ours did last year after our Wembley defeat
Remind us what Palace's highest ever PL points total is please?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How did Wembley go then?
I love the idea that asking us how we did on Sunday at Wembley for an FA Cup Semi Final is a DIG at us. :lol: I suppose it shows what's now expected of us as a top 8 Prem side.

Bless your cottons.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How did Wembley go then?

Wembley was great thanks for asking Dan. Toe to toe with Man Utd and drawing the game despite their wages being 5x ours and spending god knows how much… how was Wolves? Noticed you didn’t have the usual away end and just a very small section in the corner - was it as quiet in that end as it sounded on the tele or was it the mic placements not being by the always?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You might want to check your working there, my friend, and/or check the league table.
Oh yes - it’s 12. 4 games in hand. I recall after we beat them 1-0 at the Amex the gap was 15 (15!) with 2 games in hand. They’ve been on a great run with 10 points from 5 but the gap is only 3 less with playing 2 games more - shows how well we’re doing eh. That was good that night at the Amex - when we beat them 1-0. 1-0. Amex. Night. Good. 1-0.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The correct answer is that we got the same result against 3rd-placed Man U that they got at home to relegation-threatened Everton the day before.
You Missed out the ten men for 15 minutes bit… 🤣

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Remind us what Palace's highest ever PL points total is please?
Well I know to some football only started in 1992 but for us old boys, Palace’s highest ever points in the TOP division is 69 points after 38 games in 1990, yes I know some would like all records before 92 expunged but that would mean forgetting about winning the charity shield in 1910.

BHA are having a cracking season enjoy that, no one likes a bragging winner 😁

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Well I know to some football only started in 1992 but for us old boys, Palace’s highest ever points in the TOP division is 69 points after 38 games in 1990, yes I know some would like all records before 92 expunged but that would mean forgetting about winning the charity shield in 1910.

BHA are having a cracking season enjoy that, no one likes a bragging winner 😁

All well and good bringing up ancient history but what is Palace's highest PL points total?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Work very closely with a large undertakers in Croydon, they are all long time corporate season ticket holders/sponsors, and quite 'close' to the club.

Apparently in true Huggy Bear style, the word on the street is that Potter is out of the equation, Roy and Ray Lewington will be in situ until at least May 2024 so they club can continue with their ground redevelopment knowing the team is in safe hands.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Hang on! He can't go claiming 69 points for a season they didn't exist. This version of Palace has only been around since 2010, right?
Now your being silly the club has never been wound up as well you know, it’s like when Bloom brought BHA from the owners, a new chairman but not a new club.

Being wound up is what happened to Rangers, Chester , Darlington it’s a different ball game.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
But to me I still think of Division 1 to 4.
Much easier that way, but so confusing looking back.
I seem to remember playing in 4 differently named divisions in 2 years. Is that right? Late 90's, early 00's?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Now your being silly the club has never been wound up as well you know, it’s like when Bloom brought BHA from the owners, a new chairman but not a new club.

Being wound up is what happened to Rangers, Chester , Darlington it’s a different ball game.
Not so much being silly as being a wind up merchant. ;)

Have a splendid evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here