Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
To be fair, if you are looking for a lens to wrap up another mediocre season what are you going to focus on, anything relating to your rival or the resurrection of Jordan f***ing Ayew?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Funny how so many Palace fans think we are undeserving, like so many fans we've followed the club through thick and thin, we've struggled financially and have had our time t the basement of the game; over the last twenty five years I'd struggle to think of more deserving fanbase

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Here's another one from Talksport youtube comments.
I couldn't get the whole thing on but you'll get the gist.

View attachment 160954
I will concede one thing- Palace do seem to enjoy a unique situation as a Premier League outfit slap bang in the middle of South London- one of the main hubs of emerging domestic talent. They do end up with some good players like Wan Bissaka and (Oo-er) Zaha simply by proximity.

Calling ’staying in 12th-15th’ a form of ‘Organic Growth’ however is hilarious. Only a few months ago Palace hit the panic button and dragged Hodgson out of retirement going back about two years. What happens when Hodgson kicks the bucket and their next ‘progressive’ manager gets them in deep water? Maybe they’ll dip into the same book of dark arts that has kept them up all these years, and dabble into Necromancy to bring Hodgson back from the veil, keeping them a mediocre mid table club forever?

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Here's another one from Talksport youtube comments.
I couldn't get the whole thing on but you'll get the gist.

View attachment 160954
Clearly full of envy. As I put elsewhere on NSC earlier, Palace are currently having their 10th identical season in a row: finishing on 40 something points based mostly on points ground out against mid-lower table teams with no real outstanding wins (only win against a top half team this year was early season against Villa). There is zero growth in 10 seasons. In fact it's decline seeing as their player player in this time is no longer the influence he once was and is potentially leaving on a free.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Funny how so many Palace fans think we are undeserving, like so many fans we've followed the club through thick and thin, we've struggled financially and have had our time t the basement of the game; over the last twenty five years I'd struggle to think of more deserving fanbase
Newcastle fans have an annoying habit of claiming that they're the most deserving fanbase due to suffering so much under Mike Ashley. Obviously, getting relegated from the Premier Leaue twice under his ownership and coming straight back up as champions on both occasisions is far worse than having to travel 140 mile to home games in the 4th division for 2 seasons followed by 12 seasons playing at a converted running track.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014

I don't think many of them genuinely think we're undeserving as fans. The only thing they have and we don't is a pony 'ultras' group, they have nothing else to use against us so they constantly go for the atmosphere angle despite it not being true.

What's funny is that our away support is actually much, much better than theirs. We turn up in better numbers despite having further to travel and make more noise

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Clearly full of envy. As I put elsewhere on NSC earlier, Palace are currently having their 10th identical season in a row: finishing on 40 something points based mostly on points ground out against mid-lower table teams with no real outstanding wins (only win against a top half team this year was early season against Villa). There is zero growth in 10 seasons. In fact it's decline seeing as their player player in this time is no longer the influence he once was and is potentially leaving on a free.
Also it seems to suggest we haven't done things organically. I can't think of a better club in doing business organically other than Brentford maybe.
We have a plan whereas when Vieira was coming in half of their squad had their contracts expiring.
All well and good stating they have the fifth lowest spend on players but aren't they way up the league on wages and now offering £200k a week to Zaha.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
.... and got to be among the favourites to go back down with Sheff Utd and Everton (if they survive this year)

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I read yesterday that Zaha is injured and won’t play for the last two games of the season.
Is this an indication that he is rejecting the offer of a new contract at Palace and going elsewhere and he doesn’t want to risk a genuine injury?
I actually feel that this would be a better outcome for Palace. Time will tell.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Newcastle fans have an annoying habit of claiming that they're the most deserving fanbase due to suffering so much under Mike Ashley. Obviously, getting relegated from the Premier Leaue twice under his ownership and coming straight back up as champions on both occasisions is far worse than having to travel 140 mile to home games in the 4th division for 2 seasons followed by 12 seasons playing at a converted running track.
That was some ago though.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
BLAND FC

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Rumours flying about either Hodgson staying on for another year or bringing in Potter. I'm not even sure I'd be angry at Potter for going to Palace, especially considering his record in the Palace v Albion games. Could be an easy 6 points year on year.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
The two clubs are chalk and cheese.
We go out of our way to look for punishing our own and they avoid it at all costs.
Both are wrong in their extremes.
At least 2 players were spoken to by the police, and in both cases Brighton did nothing and let them carry on as if nothing happened. Same with the unnamed player at Arsenal. Whereas Man u immediately suspended Mason Greenwood, and an unnamed Everton player hasnt been seen since he was accused. I get the innocent until proved guilty argument, but in my job, if I were charged with a crime, I would be suspended pending the results

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Will be interesting to see what happens next season. Distraction of European football (Must be nailed on now), at least a couple of players leaving, and how long before De Zerbi gets poached by a "big" club?
Have to admit it was an excellent performance against Arsenal, played them off the park, and from what I saw on TV there were plenty of limbs for the 1st 2 goals, less so for the 3rd as the result was not in doubt by then.
How many going to Newcastle on Thursday?
Do you expect to win the last 4 games?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here