Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well if it doesn’t improve 3 or 4 months.

The thing is palace are not playing that badly but the system ,wing backs playing high up, 2 defensive midfielders in no where land and strikers playing on the wing, yes give it a go for a game or two but it’s been found out but the system and players are staying the same, we can all see but Glasner sticks with it.

Don’t get me wrong I hope it does all click, but I feel uneasy that with Roy’s players he looked a good manager now he has his players in the team we look very vulnerable.

Time will tell it’s only 6 matches in TBF.
I agree, the system needs to bed in and maybe, if, after the window, when he's tweaked, it isn't working then you need to send for that well know Spanish Manager Samuel Alladyceo ;)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Palace could easily have several more points (+4?) from their performances so far according to xG for/against analysis..
Sounds like us under Potter

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
and if my grandmother had wheels........

xG is meaningless when it comes to league position-the ONLY stat that counts are the points you actually gain not the hypothetical ones you may have got. it matters not one bit if you have an xG of 5 per game if you dont put them in the net, whilst keeping fewer balls per match out of yours
XG is often meaningless when it comes to likely result.
Potter proved the worthlessness of xg when you are taking 20 shots with 0.05 xg, up against a team with xg = 1.0 from 2 big chances.

You will lose those games more often than not.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
XG is often meaningless when it comes to likely result.
Potter proved the worthlessness of xg when you are taking 20 shots with 0.05 xg, up against a team with xg = 1.0 from 2 big chances.

You will lose those games more often than not.
i agree, yet some bang on as though its the be all and end all of games. Its about as reliable as a likely winner indicator as the "win probability" stats shown on tv As Everton found out when 2-0 up with a couple of mins left-the win probability must have been pretty high-

Whilst xG useful as a coaching aid for clubs, its meaningless for fans as a "live stat".IMO its just been publicised as yet something else to encourage match betting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here