Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Wow, what a angry melon head you are !
You do realise pikey is a racist term don’t you ?

This is from Wikpedia.

In the late 20th and early 21st centuries, the definition became even looser and is sometimes used to refer to a wide section of the (generally urban) underclass of the country (in England generally known as chavs), or merely a person of any social class who "lives on the cheap" such as a bohemian.  It is also used as an adjective, e.g. "a pikey estate" or "a pikey pub". Following complaints from Travellers' groups about racism, when the term was used by presenter Jeremy Clarkson as a pun for Pike's Peak in the television programme Top Gear, the Editorial Standards Committee of the BBC Trust ruled that, in this instance, the term merely meant "cheap".[17] In doing so, it justified the ascribed meaning by quoting the Wikipedia article for the term.[18

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This is from Wikpedia.

In the late 20th and early 21st centuries, the definition became even looser and is sometimes used to refer to a wide section of the (generally urban) underclass of the country (in England generally known as chavs), or merely a person of any social class who "lives on the cheap" such as a bohemian.  It is also used as an adjective, e.g. "a pikey estate" or "a pikey pub". Following complaints from Travellers' groups about racism, when the term was used by presenter Jeremy Clarkson as a pun for Pike's Peak in the television programme Top Gear, the Editorial Standards Committee of the BBC Trust ruled that, in this instance, the term merely meant "cheap".[17] In doing so, it justified the ascribed meaning by quoting the Wikipedia article for the term.[18

Well that's put the pikey postcode boy back in his box :lolol:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It is clear that there is “no intended racist reference” by Sheebo. Whilst the word ‘pikey’ has evolved into common parlance among a number of people to mean ‘chavvy’ or ‘cheap’, NSC readers will not necessarily associate it with the Gypsy and Traveller communities.

Clear as mud I’d say ???

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
..... anyway, as we appear to be closing that gap and showing some great form, I assume we're all looking forward to the "Derby", I wonder what reference the media will attach to it this time? Given we're all "supporting from home" it may be the Suburbia v Seaside Derby? Conurbation v Countryside Derby?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
This is from Wikpedia.

I think the most telling part of this is “ in this instance “
Would the Editorial Standards Committee of the BBC have acted the same way if it wasn’t their prize presenter ?
When i or other Palace fans are told to f**k off back to your caravans, or a pikey this or that, i’m sure i know whats intended.
Its very juvenile, and probably best left in the 1970’s.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Would the Editorial Standards Committee of the BBC have acted the same way if it wasn’t their prize presenter ?
When i or other Palace fans are told to f**k off back to your caravans, or a pikey this or that, i’m sure i know whats intended.

In this instance he doesn't mention Caravans. As he seems to be talking about your phrasing rather than you.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Can we have a poll to ban SE20, his contribution to NSC is simply to provoke trouble and cause friction with fellow posters.

Several Palace fans on the board add to conversation but not SE20, please just kick him off (that's my vote cast already).

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Can we have a poll to ban SE20, his contribution to NSC is simply to provoke trouble and cause friction with fellow posters.

Several Palace fans on the board add to conversation but not SE20, please just kick him off (that's my vote cast already).
It will fall on deaf ears so don't waste your time. They are protected by the mods for whatever reason.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It will fall on deaf ears so don't waste your time. They are protected by the mods for whatever reason.

Why don’t you Start another thread to get him banned then.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Hold on, i’ve called someone out for using a racial slur, and i’m the troublemaker ?
Ok, answer this question, and i won’t post any more on this thread,
Is the using of the word pikey acceptable ? Yes or No ?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Get back in your box Surrey boy!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Hold on, i’ve called someone out for using a racial slur, and i’m the troublemaker ?
Ok, answer this question, and i won’t post any more on this thread,
Is the using of the word pikey acceptable ? Yes or No ?
You are just an odious individual and not welcome, I'm not going to get involved in your petty squabbles.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Why don’t you Start another thread to get him banned then.
There's no point. I'll just wait for your next poor run of results and you two gutless individuals will disappear once more until fortunes change again.
There is no point engaging you further as it's a complete waste of time.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
With regard to this thread original title, [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION] ‘s biggest fear is if he gets banned from NSC.
How on Earth would he fill the hours he obviously spends dissecting this board for the slightest hint of controversy.

The Mary Whitehouse of football forums.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here