Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Don't feed the troll. It's not a debate - it's a stance. You won't change the trolls mind.

And aren't we lovely even allowing these prats the oxygene on our board. They're just goading, and we politely accept it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Guehi and Olise are incredible aparantly ......

..... Even though they've never kicked a ball in the premier League.

Classic.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Guehi is better than Veltman for starters. Lampety is better gong forward than Ward but Ward the better defender. The other 3 I would agree with.

Guehi is not better than Veltman - I assume you don't know who he is.

Veltman went to the Euros with Holland has played consistently in the Champions league for Ajax and was one of our best players last season.
Guehi is a good prospect with 1.5 decent seasons in the championship (puts him on a par with Clarke at the moment)

I think you need to temper your enthusiasm a little.
I hope he is a decent signing for you, but trying to convince a Neutral that a decent prospect "walks" past an international defender with the experience Veltman has, is optimistic at best.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Classic.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

tenor.gif

(just kidding)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Guehi is better than Veltman for starters. Lampety is better gong forward than Ward but Ward the better defender. The other 3 I would agree with.

I guess you were glued to all of Swansea's games last season to allow you to make that judgement...

Guehi has never started a Premier League game. He also didn't make the Championship team of the season. Veltman has a couple of dozen caps for the Netherlands and thirty plus appearances in the Champions & Europa Leagues. He played out of position for us for most of last year and was in contention for our player of the season. I'm guessing that as a Palace fan, you don't make a habit of tuning into Brighton matches. Did you see him play more than half a dozen games? My guess would be two, both against Palace.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Don't feed the troll. It's not a debate - it's a stance. You won't change the trolls mind.

And aren't we lovely even allowing these prats the oxygene on our board. They're just goading, and we politely accept it.

I’m enjoying this as I didn’t realise just how ****ed they are. I know they had problems but until Milo (Tweenies version clearly) turned up, I didn’t realise how bad. Magnificent!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Eze is a millions times better than Trossard, ask any neutral and the majority will agree.

Give Guehi and Olise a few games and i think you will change your mind. Both outstanding signings.

It is laughable that only 1 player in our team gets into your X1 yet you think 5 get into ours despite us finishing 14th last season and you finishing 16th. Sorry but it's delusion, utter delusion

Eze. 4 goals 5 assists. 34 games

Trossard. 5 goals 4 assists, 35 games.

A million times better , you say.

Okay.:ffsparr:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I guess you were glued to all of Swansea's games last season to allow you to make that judgement...

Guehi has never started a Premier League game. He also didn't make the Championship team of the season. Veltman has a couple of dozen caps for the Netherlands and thirty plus appearances in the Champions & Europa Leagues. He played out of position for us for most of last year and was in contention for our player of the season. I'm guessing that as a Palace fan, you don't make a habit of tuning into Brighton matches. Did you see him play more than half a dozen games? My guess would be two, both against Palace.

One of which he even scored in.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Eze is a millions times better than Trossard, ask any neutral and the majority will agree.

Give Guehi and Olise a few games and i think you will change your mind. Both outstanding signings.

It is laughable that only 1 player in our team gets into your X1 yet you think 5 get into ours despite us finishing 14th last season and you finishing 16th. Sorry but it's delusion, utter delusion

To quote a eminent commentator 'Eze has a lot to learn as he does not do enough off the ball' but To be honest nor does Trossard, but he is a full international with the worlds best team, so think I would choose Trossard.

Interesting comment I received from a Reading fan regarding Olise last season as we're looking at him apparently.

'Very skilful, but bullied out of the game too easy, not top championship player yet, but needs to get his mind better as he seems to
Sulk a bit when things don't go
His way. Potential? Yes, bags, but a lot to learn. Hope we keep him and improve him as he has something'

So maybe not yet him. Like others I would take Benteke, not sure anyone else, and that's based on what I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Both reasonable signings in fairness. Olise does LOOK a good player, who I'd happily have had here. Geuhi looks a bit basic, for a modern defender, though I'd take him over the donkey from Liverpool who keeps getting linked to us - at least Geuhi is quick.

But yes, as you say - how they actually perform in the big boys' league is a whole other matter.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
Marc Guehi was seen by Chelsea and their fans as the next big thing. A brief look on the internet and Twitter and you will see they are gutted he has gone. Most Swansea fans rate him so high they feel he will be an England regular in 2-3 years.

Just cause Veltman has a few caps for Holland and has played CL football means nothing. Luka Milovojevic for us has played in the CL for instance and he is only an average Prem player. PVA started for Holland at the Euros but is an awful defender.

Lets be fair here. If we did a X1 of the 2 teams combined this would be it:

Sanchez

Lampety Dunk Webster Guehi Mitchell

Bissoma Eze Reidaweld

Benteke Zaha

Sanchez got the nod in goal, 50-50% between him and Guaita but Sanchez did get picked for the Euro's.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Marc Guehi was seen by Chelsea and their fans as the next big thing. A brief look on the internet and Twitter and you will see they are gutted he has gone. Most Swansea fans rate him so high they feel he will be an England regular in 2-3 years.

Just cause Veltman has a few caps for Holland and has played CL football means nothing. Luka Milovojevic for us has played in the CL for instance and he is only an average Prem player. PVA started for Holland at the Euros but is an awful defender.

Lets be fair here. If we did a X1 of the 2 teams combined this would be it:

Sanchez

Lampety Dunk Webster Guehi Mitchell

Bissoma Eze Reidaweld

Benteke Zaha

Sanchez got the nod in goal, 50-50% between him and Guaita but Sanchez did get picked for the Euro's.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

You absolute MORON.

Somewhere on the internet, posted on here in various places, there is a stats table, ranking all of last season's PL keepers, by how many goals more or less, they conceded, measured against the xG of all the shots on target. To save you looking for it, I'll give you the headlines: Sanchez is TOP of the entire PL. Guaita I think was kept off the bottom by little Maty Ryan.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Have you watched him play? If so, how many times?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here