Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Marc Guehi was seen by Chelsea and their fans as the next big thing. A brief look on the internet and Twitter and you will see they are gutted he has gone. Most Swansea fans rate him so high they feel he will be an England regular in 2-3 years.

Just cause Veltman has a few caps for Holland and has played CL football means nothing. Luka Milovojevic for us has played in the CL for instance and he is only an average Prem player. PVA started for Holland at the Euros but is an awful defender.

Lets be fair here. If we did a X1 of the 2 teams combined this would be it:

Sanchez

Lampety Dunk Webster Guehi Mitchell

Bissoma Eze Reidaweld

Benteke Zaha

Sanchez got the nod in goal, 50-50% between him and Guaita but Sanchez did get picked for the Euro's.
Do you mean Riedewald? The palace sub?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Marc Guehi was seen by Chelsea and their fans as the next big thing. A brief look on the internet and Twitter and you will see they are gutted he has gone. Most Swansea fans rate him so high they feel he will be an England regular in 2-3 years.

Just cause Veltman has a few caps for Holland and has played CL football means nothing. Luka Milovojevic for us has played in the CL for instance and he is only an average Prem player. PVA started for Holland at the Euros but is an awful defender.

Sanchez

Bissoma Eze Reidaweld

Benteke Zaha

Sanchez got the nod in goal, 50-50% between him and Guaita but Sanchez did get picked for the Euro's.

Ok you got me,
Well done.

I spat my tea all over the keyboard when i read that.

Enjoy the season.

See you back here this time next year.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
He lost me when he said that Ward was a better defender than Lampney, love banter with good Palace fans, but this kid? Is off the scale of delusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is he not just saying we're great at defending and shite at attacking?

Sure palace were shite at both, but every so slightly less shite at scoring.
Loathe it or hate it, we don't have the type of flair provided by either Eze or Wilf - that said neither will they.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Is he not just saying we're great at defending and shite at attacking?

Sure palace were shite at both, but every so slightly less shite at scoring.
Loathe it or hate it, we don't have the type of flair provided by either Eze or Wilf - that said neither will they.

Just had a look at Eze's highlights reel and certainly his pace would be useful.

But one thing it really highlighted was the difference in luck between Trossard and Eze.
Some serious deflections and rebounds in his goals and assists this season.

A better player than I thought, granted, but I think Potter would still pick Trossard more often.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He lost me when he said that Ward was a better defender than Lampney, love banter with good Palace fans, but this kid? Is off the scale of delusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know enough about Ward, but I would expect a defender of his experience to be pretty decent.
Lamptey surprised me at how good he was defensively. He also has the advantage of being able to make up for any mistakes with ridiculous pace, to get back and correct the problem.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Sanchez

Bissoma Eze Reidaweld

Benteke Zaha

Gross over Reidewald every day of the week.

5th best for passes into the box in the PL.

6th best set piece assists

8 assists in all, 10th best in the PL.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sorry, typo.

He started a lot last season and has huge potential to be a top player.
He's been with you quite a while now, 4 years, and hasn't really made much of an impression (19 starts last season, 62 palace appearances in total) What makes you think he'll be any more effective this year? Looks more of a squad filler to me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just had a look at Eze's highlights reel and certainly his pace would be useful.

But one thing it really highlighted was the difference in luck between Trossard and Eze.
Some serious deflections and rebounds in his goals and assists this season.

A better player than I thought, granted, but I think Potter would still pick Trossard more often.

The Tross, on his game, is as near as Lil Old Brighton (and a Wilfless palace) will ever get to 'unplayable'.

But by jimminy we don't half have to 'work' to get to those pearls.

He could even afford to take the edge off those performances if it were to raise the bar of his dreich games.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He's been with you quite a while now, 4 years, and hasn't really made much of an impression (19 starts last season, 62 palace appearances in total) What makes you think he'll be any more effective this year? Looks more of a squad filler to me.

The Reideweld and Mitchell picks were just to ensure there were more Palace than Brighton.
No-one in their right mind would make those picks. over Gross/Lallana/March

Guehi comes in because he's stated it too often on the thread to not pick him above anyone else.

I'll let him have the Benteke/Zaha option.
I would go for Welbz/Zaha personally, but that could well be the BHA specs kicking in.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The Tross, on his game, is as near as Lil Old Brighton (and a Wilfless palace) will ever get to 'unplayable'.

But by jimminy we don't half have to 'work' to get to those pearls.

He could even afford to take the edge off those performances if it were to raise the bar of his dreich games.

c9e62aa162e041e88a75dc9d10ecde3f

He even did a SEGW-style fall-over-without-contact at the end...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Reideweld and Mitchell picks were just to ensure there were more Palace than Brighton.
No-one in their right mind would make those picks. over Gross/Lallana/March

Guehi comes in because he's stated it too often on the thread to not pick him above anyone else.

I'll let him have the Benteke/Zaha option.
I would go for Welbz/Zaha personally, but that could well be the BHA specs kicking in.
Yeah I thought it was a bit odd to choose a bit part player over regular starters, but I guess with most of their players retiring he wasn't left with many options. Like you I'd choose March over Mitchell in our system.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Palace/Brighton XI = 4-2-2-2 - Sanchez, Lamptey, Dunk, Webster, March, Bissouma, Lallana, Gross, Trossard, Zaha, Welbeck ( prefer him to Benteke )

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Palace/Brighton XI = 4-2-2-2 - Sanchez, Lamptey, Dunk, Webster, March, Bissouma, Lallana, Gross, Trossard, Zaha, Welbeck ( prefer him to Benteke )

Similar 3-4-3 Sanchez, Lamptey, Dunk, Webster, Veltman, March, Bissouma, Lallana, Trossard, Zaha, Welbeck

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
Similar 3-4-3 Sanchez, Lamptey, Dunk, Webster, Veltman, March, Bissouma, Lallana, Trossard, Zaha, Welbeck

So you honestly think just 1 player from Palace gets in to your X1?

If so, please then explain why the 2 teams were so close last year but Palace finished higher? How could that possibly happen if 10 out of 11 players are better? All i'm hearing is you were unlucky and we were lucky, i don't buy that at all.

And if you are so good, why did you finish only 16th out of 20 teams last season? And failed to beat the bottom 4 home and away?

It really makes no sense ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If so, please then explain why the 2 teams were so close last year but Palace finished higher? How could that possibly happen if 10 out of 11 players are better? All i'm hearing is you were unlucky and we were lucky, i don't buy that at all.

And if you are so good, why did you finish only 16th out of 20 teams last season? And failed to beat the bottom 4 home and away?

Now you're getting it.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Guehi is better than Veltman for starters. Lampety is better going forward than Ward but Ward the better defender. The other 3 I would agree with.

This keeps on getting better. You have decided that Guehi who hasn't come close to a PL start is a better player than Veltman who already has 28 EPL games under his belt, has represented his country at all age groups and has nearly 30 full international caps?

He maybe some day. But how have you reached the conclusion that he already is?

Here's how to formulate your answer:

I have concluded that Guehi is already a better player than Veltman because <insert bollox here>

Off you go!

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

I'd have probably put Cahill, maybe PVA in because March got injured but they're not Palace players anymore.. The reason Palace finished slightly above was because of the negative style of football and Brighton's injury list as well as generally being unlucky. Ask any neutral who plays the best football or who has the better squad most will go Brighton's way.

I really fear for Palace next season with the rebuild. Will either be fantastic or disastrous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here