Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fan starts crap "Buckley to Everton" rumour. zzzz

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Would be surprised if it happened in Jan. Possibly in the summer if we have not gone up. Bennett and Noone are the bench marks for this kind of thing. Both bid for in Jan both went in summer. Gus wont let Buckely go unless the offer is ridiculous (£5M is not in that ball park) or he has a ready made replacement. I imagine Will would be told the same as Elliott and Craig. Stay until the end of the season and if we are not promoted you can speak to intrested clubs then.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm finding it amusing that given the stick you lot give Palace for thinking Zaha is worth billions that you think Buckley is worth more than £5m.
No one has said he's worth more. One poster did say that he won't go for £5m, which is probably more related to the fact that we don't need to sell him.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Are we allowed more than one account? If so, thanks for sharing. If not, can the mods ban all of your accounts please.
Exactly this

so that's the whole fuckin object is it? I hate the transfer window on here, names/clubs plucked out of thin air in the vain hope that one is correct, so the poster can have his Andy Warhol moment, big deal, even a broken clock is right twice a day
Not if it's a 24 hour clock, or a digital one.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Roland_Browning.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bennett and Noone are the bench marks for this kind of thing.
Not really. We didn't need Noone, whereas Buckley is our first choice winger, and one of our best players. Bennett was our best player, but we were in league 1 when it was being discussed with him, and we didn't yet know how packed the Amex would be. Selling him was bad business, but I guess we'd made him promises. There's no need to make Will those promises as we're not a league 1 club at the Withdean any more.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
so that's the whole fuckin object is it? I hate the transfer window on here, names/clubs plucked out of thin air in the vain hope that one is correct, so the poster can have his Andy Warhol moment, big deal, even a broken clock is right twice a day

*cough*

The OP is a Palace fan who has already been banned using his original name, and now has been banned using this one too.

He is probably joining the yard high club at home (i.e. wanking into a crusty sock in his caravan) because he has duped so many Albion fans. Just ignore the original post!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Aparently he is torn, says he loves Brighton but Everton are looking like being in the champions league next year

Then why doesn't he wait until the end of the season to know for sure?
How you can say that Everton are looking like being in the CL next season is beyond me, they're not even a third through the season yet.

PS please ignore due to the post above.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I have a friend who has some family from Oldham. He hates football so no real reason to lie plus it makes it more likely if you ask me because he doesn't really know any player names except the global names like messi, rooney etc.

Anyway he said some relation of his in Oldham knows Buckley from when they was kids together. He said that he is deciding at the moment if he should move to Everton in Jan for a fee of £5m plus various add ons.

yeah, of course friends who dont like football are always talking with relations the other end of the country about their friends who are footballers. no reason to lie? no reason for it to come up.

i trust both accounts will be banned?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
No one has said he's worth more.

Hmmmmm really??

he wont go for £5 Million.

Buckley for £5M , my arse

I think he's worth more than that to our team.

Gus wont let Buckely go unless the offer is ridiculous (£5M is not in that ball park)

If Everton want him, they're going to need more than £5 million, he's in his prime at the moment and will be vital for our own promotion push.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
*cough*

The OP is a Palace fan who has already been banned using his original name, and now has been banned using this one too.

He is probably joining the yard high club at home (i.e. wanking into a crusty sock in his caravan) because he has duped so many Albion fans. Just ignore the original post!

Says everything anyone needs to knowi :thumbsup:

Move to the other stuff maybe?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Anyway, I won't be logging on this account again. Well I will in Jan to say I told you so if this actually happens.

Nice flounce. Understated and breezy, with the promise of a future return. 7/10

(I don't think your rumour is completely unbelievable either. He's just their type)

*cough*

ooops, sorry Pres, I don't normally buy this sort of thing, but it never said 'Banned' below his name, However I stick to my rant as there is gonna be plenty of shite like this from our own during the next two months

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hmmmmm really??
Saying 'he wont go for £5 Million' or 'Buckley for £5M , my arse' is not saying he's worth more, or less, just that it won't happen.

Saying 'I think he's worth more than that to our team.' or 'Gus wont let Buckely go unless the offer is ridiculous (£5M is not in that ball park)' is just saying we'd suffer too much if he left.

This is just another sad thread posted by another sad and confused Palace fan. It's happening a lot here at the moment, bless 'em.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
William, William Buckley runs down the wing at Goodison........

doesn't work, so he is not going anywhere.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Not really. We didn't need Noone, whereas Buckley is our first choice winger, and one of our best players. Bennett was our best player, but we were in league 1 when it was being discussed with him, and we didn't yet know how packed the Amex would be. Selling him was bad business, but I guess we'd made him promises. There's no need to make Will those promises as we're not a league 1 club at the Withdean any more.

Ok may be not Noone but Bennett is a very similar situation really I would say. Club in 1 division higher with pretentions and possibility to go a level up (Norwich at the time aiming for Prem, Everton on this occasion aiming for Champs League) looking at arguably our best player in the January transfer window during a season we are aiming for at least a play off spot. I would say that is a bench mark right there!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just ignore the original post!
It could be used as good practise.

Lets face it, if he carries on as he is at the moment, we'll have this thread in 6 weeks time.
If not then it'll be all summer long..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bennett is a very similar situation really I would say. Club in 1 division higher with pretentions and possibility to go a level up
Obviously Everton is a massive step up from us, but we can afford to keep him and don't owe that move to Will at this stage. The first time a big club comes sniffing we don't need to promise him a move at the next window. He'll get his chance in the premiership, there's no need for us to let him go yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here