Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace expecting crowd of 18-19,000...so thats 8,000 empty seats

Jan 12, 2012
Leaving the p!ss take aside, I'm surprised its not sold out by now. Last few times palace sold their end, and yes palace do have a good support themselves. With the League Cup run and with a decent run you could make the play offs, so why the stay away?

We wont sell out, im expecting around 18-19,000.
I lot of casual Palace fans wont get a ticket because they have no booking history. Plus the 2 semi finals this month isn't helping .

Feb 14, 2010
We wont sell out, im expecting around 18-19,000.
I lot of casual Palace fans wont get a ticket because they have no booking history. Plus the 2 semi finals this month isn't helping .

Shame really. Late 70s and then the Coppell / Ian Wright years, palace were well supported. The new board should look at it as palace should be struggling to sell out the Brighton game, and should be getting more than they are. The support is there, as is the catchment area. Bromley and Croydon should support a decent sized club. They did not very long ago

Jan 12, 2012
Shame really. Late 70s and then the Coppell / Ian Wright years, palace were well supported. The new board should look at it as palace should be struggling to sell out the Brighton game, and should be getting more than they are. The support is there, as is the catchment area. Bromley and Croydon should support a decent sized club. They did not very long ago

People get out of the habit of going to matches,once you stop,its hard to start going again. We have a large catchment area,but with so many clubs advertising cheap deals locally,we miss out on a lot of potential new fans (plus we've been shit for the last few years !) The new owners are really trying to get in new fans,with free season tickets for the kids,but it wont happen overnight.
Statistics show that when a club moves to a new stadium,their attendences rise,as you have found out this season, so untill we move to a new stadium,our support wont rise rapidly.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Isn't the crowd going to be 18 - 19,000 because Palace/the POlice are demanding that so much of the statium either side of the Albion fans is empty - something like 5 blocks are being kept "sterile" - i.e. empty. The Albion fans are going to be this core in the middle of an empty stand, to keep everyone away from each other.

Jan 12, 2012
Isn't the crowd going to be 18 - 19,000 because Palace/the POlice are demanding that so much of the statium either side of the Albion fans is empty - something like 5 blocks are being kept "sterile" - i.e. empty. The Albion fans are going to be this core in the middle of an empty stand, to keep everyone away from each other.

No, you'll have 3 blocks nearest the whitehorse end, the next 3 blocks will be the buffer zone,the 3 blocks nearest the holmesdale will be Palace. You will be right next to the Croydon Advertiser Family Stand, good luck !!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And exactly where are you!!below us out of the carling cup after embarassingly sucking up to the scousers and struggling to pass little old wrexham. Your shite and your crowds will start to dissappear as the honeymoon period wans.

Well yes you will, you aint going to do Bristol ive got money on it, they are on the move. Your arrogance will be your own downfall.

Egg. Face. ****. xx

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010

Nope. CPFC are the ones who have restricted the away fans. It was not a police decision.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not so our very good source from Sussex police has advised that the Met police were happy with a full allocation.

Pure stupidity on the Palace boards part. They were too thick to understand our away end only holds 2500 AT THE MOMENT so thats all we could have given. So in "return" we get 2700.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I can 110% percent confirm this was a Police decision. The same situation happened when we played Millwall back in November.

Your board categorically stated on your message board that come hell or high water we would only get a similar allocation to what you got at ours. That is a fact so what the Police said or didnt is irrelevant, that is all we would have got. Therefore mostly only old Withdean Season Ticket Holders can attend.

It looks like there is a good chance lots of us are going to miss out, despite having been to a healthy number of away games, which I am gutted about. The flip is that your club has probably lost out on about £70k through being petty. Not bad for a club that has failed to pay its debts historically.

Last edited:

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
The Police argument put up by Palace fans and their Club doesn't hold water. The Police deny it had any involvement in setting the capacity at SP. The fact that they were willing to give over 4k to Cardiff, West Ham & Leeds at Selhurst this season proves the police have no problem with coping with large (and potentially unruly) crowds.

Their board took the step because they didn't want a large intimidating away support in their derby games and it was also a petty tit for tat to appease their own fans complaints about allocation at Amex and Millwall.

It's a bit sad really - especially as many Albion will miss out.

Jan 12, 2012
Its a police decision, whether you believe it or not.
But dont let it stop you having digs about us being childish and needing the money.
You will find out what the police are like on the 31 st
Carry on chaps !

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
I can 110% percent confirm this was a Police decision. The same situation happened when we played Millwall back in November.

As others have stated, the Met Police informed CPFC that they were happy with us getting a 4,500 allocation. If you don't believe me then ask your police liaison officer at CPFC. He'll confirm that.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So it was basically throwing their toys out of the pram because they thought they should have had more at our place...
Sorry mate but your wrong . Pure and simple it a police decision , believe it or not !

Jan 12, 2012
The reason the police have made this restricted tickets for away fans is the history of trouble . Leeds and West Ham got a bigger allocation because there hasn't been any trouble between the clubs in the past. As with Millwall fans,you will have your tickets checked by the police near the stadium before you enter the stadium.
As i have said on a previous thread,its the biggest police operation at Selhurst for years

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Go ask your CPFC police liaison officer and then get back to us on that.
Why should we , it would be nice if more weed were there but the decision has been made . You can whinge all you want but it wont change .

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
We'll sell at least 22000, depending on how early they put the Arthur tickets on sale. We had near enough 18000 on Saturday against Leeds, so of course we'll sell more than 19k for you lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here