Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace expecting crowd of 18-19,000...so thats 8,000 empty seats

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Tickets wont go on general sale, you must have a booking history.
Also there will be 400 Met Police in attendance, the biggest (overkill ) police presence at Selhurst.

But surely they'll go on 'general sale' to people with a booking history once season tickets and members have filled their boots? Otherwise this game is not going to sell out I wouldn't have thought. At the moment the 'general sale' tab on your website for this game doesn't want to know, but it will surely be 'activated' as the game draws near and there are still tickets to be sold.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yawn. One person constantly moaning about something the majority are clearly happy to discuss is what id call a spacktard. And I cant remember any sub 4.5k league crowds at withdean

Brighton v Cheltenham 19 Feb 2008, 4,395.

Shame you know so little about the history of the club.

Jan 12, 2012
But surely they'll go on 'general sale' to people with a booking history once season tickets and members have filled their boots? Otherwise this game is not going to sell out I wouldn't have thought. At the moment the 'general sale' tab on your website for this game doesn't want to know, but it will surely be 'activated' as the game draws near and there are still tickets to be sold.[/QUOTE

You wont get a ticket without a booking history

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Yawn. One person constantly moaning about something the majority are clearly happy to discuss is what id call a spacktard. And I cant remember any sub 4.5k league crowds at withdean

Sub 4.5k or not, you could never fill it and most of the time people rattled around inside the Goldstone.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Surely Potless Palace will be falling over themselves to 'sell' some tickets, you know, for actual money. They'll actually have a good home attendance for this one if they drop the booking history requirement.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Sub 4.5k or not, you could never fill it and most of the time people rattled around inside the Goldstone.

Can I ask you a serious question? Brighton play in the same league as Palace and both offer the same sort of entertainment and both football clubs are doing more or less as well as each other but we are just both also-rans in the 2nd tier of English football, so how is it our fans are plastics whereas yours are die-hards?

And another question - given the dramatic decline in CPFC support since you were in the premiership what kind of crowds do you think CPFC could expect to get if they lost Selhurst Park and had to play a few years at, say, Reading's ground and then in a glorified running track for the next 11 years with no dosh?

And why the fixation with attendances from the past? It counts for nothing in the present.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Brighton v Cheltenham 19 Feb 2008, 4,395.

Shame you know so little about the history of the club.

So one ever :lol: Sorry I'm not a geek like you knowing every attendance ever, but that was certainly far from the norm was it, as you well know, so why paint a picture it was? You really should bore off of this and similar threads, as they are clearly not for you. You're starting to sound like Mike Ward.

The DELICIOUS irony about you're moaning about petty arguing with our rivals, is that you were one of the main protagonists behind supporting ignoring the poll where NSC users voted in FAVOUR of having an away fans forum from memory, which would have kept all this stuff in a separate place.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So one ever. :lol: Sorry I'm not a geek like you knowing every attendance ever, but that was certainly far from the norm was it, as you well know, so why and paint a picture it was? You really should bore off of this and similar threads, as they are clearly not for you. You're starting to sound like Mike Ward.

It was fairly much the norm for that period, given that the other home attendances that month were 4,802, 4,797 and 4,815.

All I am pointing out is that we have come a long way in less than four years, and the history of the Albion reveals that attendances are very volatile.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Surely Potless Palace will be falling over themselves to 'sell' some tickets, you know, for actual money. They'll actually have a good home attendance for this one if they drop the booking history requirement.
I think the booking history requirement is in place so idiots like you dont get in the home ends ! Then again ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
But surely they'll go on 'general sale' to people with a booking history once season tickets and members have filled their boots? Otherwise this game is not going to sell out I wouldn't have thought. At the moment the 'general sale' tab on your website for this game doesn't want to know, but it will surely be 'activated' as the game draws near and there are still tickets to be sold.[/QUOTE

You wont get a ticket without a booking history

I'm gonna buy one of those poor quality BHA 1 v Palace 3 DVDs that you can get on your ticket system - would that count?

Let me rephrase the question one final time - Will home tickets go on 'general sale' to those with a booking history once season ticket holders and members have had their pick?

Feb 14, 2010
To be fair to Albion Dan El P, I think the point he is making is that the Albion historically have had very high crowds for the division it is in at the time. The period you talk about was after the loss of the goldstone, after the sell out return to Withdean and when people had had enough of getting wet watching long ball football at an athletics track. Palace have no such excuse, Selhurst is a good ground, all covered, central location and their historic home. Its the same with you and Saints, a club with historically lower crowds than us despite being in higher divisions. It took some work to get you to admit that. The lesson for you to learn is that Brighton's big support might be a surprise to you, but not to the rest of us, including my family who used to watch the Albion in the 50s and 60s when they would get 25000-36000 for 3rd division games, when the likes of Reading would be lucky to get 6000 to 10,000

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'm gonna buy one of those poor quality BHA 1 v Palace 3 DVDs that you can get on your ticket system - would that count?

Let me rephrase the question one final time - Will home tickets go on 'general sale' to those with a booking history once season ticket holders and members have had their pick?
It wont count botty , palace are not accepting new members ( the've thought it through ) The only way you will get a ticket is if you get a palace fan to get you one . If you still want the dvd i've got a few lying about ! pm me

Jan 12, 2012

YES, YOU CAN GET A TICKET IF YOU'VE GOT A BOOKING HISTORY FFS
By the way, i would recommend the dvd,great viewing

Feb 14, 2010
YES, YOU CAN GET A TICKET IF YOU'VE GOT A BOOKING HISTORY FFS
By the way, i would recommend the dvd,great viewing

Leaving the p!ss take aside, I'm surprised its not sold out by now. Last few times palace sold their end, and yes palace do have a good support themselves. With the League Cup run and with a decent run you could make the play offs, so why the stay away?

Can I ask you a serious question? Brighton play in the same league as Palace and both offer the same sort of entertainment and both football clubs are doing more or less as well as each other but we are just both also-rans in the 2nd tier of English football, so how is it our fans are plastics whereas yours are die-hards?

And another question - given the dramatic decline in CPFC support since you were in the premiership what kind of crowds do you think CPFC could expect to get if they lost Selhurst Park and had to play a few years at, say, Reading's ground and then in a glorified running track for the next 11 years with no dosh?

Judging by the 220 they took to Barnsley this year I would say they would be lucky to get about 1,000 at any ground away from Selhurst on a consistent fortnightly basis. They struggled to sell 2,000 tickets at Millwall which is less than 10 miles away for a one off derby match so god knows what they would do if it was a 140 mile round trip as was Gillingham. Palace fans are hardly known for their love of travel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here