Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace away 01/12/12

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Charlton for me only. Can't be arsed it they can't and they can whistle for my bloody money.

Boycott it I say.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I admit having just 2,600 tickets kills the atmosphere when its selected fans who can go which is the same for us needing so many stubbs from certain away games etc,much better in the old days just turn up you used to fill up the Whitehorse end which held about 5000 we would have the east terrace great games apart from boxing days never seemed to be able to beat you.Ward ,Maybank,Mellor,Horton,Cannon,Hilaire,Gilbert,Sansom, happy days just not the same anymore.

This

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Daz, what was the reason given for us only getting 2,600?

Personally, I'm giving it a miss this year. Rather give CAFC my hard-earned. I must be getting old, the vitriol holds little appeal. Rivalry, banter absolutely. Hatred, no ta.

PG

Hi Pete, I've nearly finished the full report, the info is in all in there and will publish later mate.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I thought the ham and cheese ones were best. Wait till they come to our place and they taste Piglets Pies.

I only had a cup of coffee!! Watching my figure :)

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
They're not out today though?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is the report from [MENTION=18997]nomoremithras4me[/MENTION] who kindly attended the meeting at Selhurst. Many thanks for him giving up his own time to do this...

---------------------------------------------------

BHAFC/CPFC Meeting 25/10/12 @Selhurst Park 1830

Present from BHAFC: Northstandchat (Darren), Brighton Supporters’ Club (Liz), North West Sussex Seagulls (Andy), BHA Safety Officer (Chris), Seagulls Over London (Paul) & BHA/Sussex Police Team (PC Darren & Andrea)

Present from CPFC: BBS, CPFC Supporters Club, Palace Radio, CPFC/Met Police (Mike Dorans), CPFC Safety Officer, CPFC Chief Exec (Phil Alexander), Palace Supporters Trust (Keith), Met Commander (Chief Inspector Duncan Slade)

Neutrals present: Football Supporters Federation (Amanda) & representatives from British Transport Police.

I would like to start by saying thanks to everyone at CPFC for making us all feel very welcome and providing a lovely buffet. The views expressed here are not my own! They are an accurate reflection of those present at the meeting.

Chief Inspector Slade (CIS) opened the meeting by welcoming all attendees. CIS explained to the group his role and invited all attendees to introduce themselves & whom they were representing. He then stated that he felt 1 hour was sufficient time for the duration of the meeting and was not prepared to go beyond that. CIS explained that the Match Commander (CI Adrian Roberts) could not be at the meeting and invited Phil Alexander (PA) to say a few words about the up & coming match on 1st December 2012.

PA welcomed everyone to CPFC and stated the main issue relating to last season’s match was lack of communication between all parties, hence the meeting at Selhurst. PA said he understands the fierce rivalry between both clubs but wanted this season’s match to be an enjoyable occasion for all concerned, with no trouble.
Darren Balkham (DB) explained that both Sussex Police & The Met had agreed that officers from both forces would be at both home & away games and all parties concerned wanted complete transparency, this is the reason supporters were invited to attend the meeting. PA went on to state that the match would kick off at 1500 on 01/12/12, it would be all ticket and BHAFC would receive 2600 tickets. Northstandchat (NSC) asked if this figure was negotiable and was told by PA that is was not. PA explained that CPFC and The Met had decided upon that figure based on safety and and as a result of intelligence from last season’s game. The BHAFC tickets would be issued for blocks S, T & U in the Arthur Wait Stand. This would mean that to the left & to the right of the BHAFC fans, blocks would be empty.

The conversation then moved on to the game last season. Palace fans were upset about the fact that BHAFC were let go and they were kept behind. They were not warned of this and asked why it was not printed on their tickets. The CPFC Safety Officer (CSO) explained it was a decision taken throughout the duration of the game. CSO then went on to explain that they did not like releasing tactical information beforehand, so as not to give any hooligans the upper hand on intel.

CIS stated that if it were at all possible, he would prefer not to hold any fans back because anger builds and then there may be potential damage to the ground! Chris the BHAFC Safety Officer (BSO) stated that at the Amex all fans are released at the same time but are encouraged to stay on the concourses for a drink/food. CSO stated his main concern was the safety of all people in the ground at all times. A debate then started regarding the route of the ‘BHAFC Fans snake’ away from Selhurst. Palace fans asked for it to be directed to Thornton Heath because CPFC fans mainly use Norwood Junction. CIS said that there were too many potential ‘flashpoints’ en-route to Thornton Heath. CIS felt that this match was probably the biggest of the season from a policing point of view, for many different reasons. CIS was not happy to reveal any potential tactics that may be used on the 1st December, again so as not to give any hooligans advanced intelligence.

Amanda from the Football Supporters Federation (AFS) was then invited to speak. She suggested that if the match went off without incident, could BHAFC possibly have more tickets in the future, using the analogy of ‘dangling a carrot’. PA & CIS agreed this as a distinct possibility. AFS also stated that she would be surprised if BHAFC fans caused any trouble if held back.

BSO suggested that it would be a good idea if BHA sent some of their own stewards to assist CPFC and that the arrangement could be reversed for the game at the Amex. DB felt that this was an excellent idea. Paul from Seagulls Over London (PSOL) asked that if CPFC intend holding BHAFC fans back, then they be given as much notice as possible via various medium.

CSO mooted that CPFC considered asking BHAFC to only allow fans to travel on coaches. NSC stated that this was unacceptable as an infringement of fans’ basic civil liberties of being able to travel around in whatever manner they see fit.

British Transport Police (BTP) asked if the individual supporters clubs could possibly ask their own fans if they would object to being held back. The general consensus of opinion was that it’s probably a bit late to arrange surveys etc.

Overall it would appear that most of the room felt a ‘hold back’ for BHAFC wouldn't be the end of the world because the game is being played on a Saturday. CIS wouldn't confirm this to be case at the present time, wanting further intel before making a decision. Andy from North West Sussex Seagulls asked if the gates could be open and pen put in place so as BHAFC fans could stretch their legs, this was provisionally agreed. BSO asked PA if he would consider opening bars etc for refreshment, PA provisionally agreed.

DB advised the meeting that for those fans/officials that use twitter a special hash tag was going to be used by the police to keep people up to date with developments #eaglesseagulls for Selhurst & #seagullseagles for the game at the Amex. DB also pointed out that the two police forces would meet on the 4th December 2012 to discuss the match.

At this point CIS thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting. The next meeting will be held in February at the Amex on a date to be confirmed.

Darren Paine aka [MENTION=18997]nomoremithras4me[/MENTION]

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Thanks for that......... Did Liz just go for the sandwiches then?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
What bracket does everyone think they will sell out at, i'd go for selling out in the 1050. Cant see it going below that.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The only really objectionable factor is being asked to pay £35 for a seat in by far the shittest ground in the entire division. And we think the Amex is pricey?? :ohmy:

As bad as Peterborough ?
It's a big game , for me the biggest of the season, so I wouldn't miss it for the world.
I think you're being a tad harsh on Selhurst, sure it's a bit frayed around the edges, but it's got that vintage stadium charm about it . :wink:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Here is the link to the thread on the BBS

Meeting with the Police 25/10/2012 - CPFC BBS

I thought the meeting went well & was constructive

It's good that both sets of supporters attended the meeting,plus another meeting prior to the return match has been arranged.
At least now both sides can have an input in how the games should be policed, and keep their fellow fans updated and aware of any delays that may occur .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here