Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace away 01/12/12

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London
There will also be a meeting at your place about when we come to yours, so we may be kept in and they are looking at trains direct to Falmer, I hope these meeting will allow more in number to travel both ways in the future, it makes for a better atmosphere all round, maybe it will be decided on trust of the fans, go looking for trouble you will find it, come to support your team in numbers, welcome along, being allowed to spill into Park road will mean people can smoke (unlike inside the stadium) and you may have your own stewards with you, by being in the street the concourses (yes they are shit) will not be a crush fest and the "refreshments" may be open to those that want anything, sounds a bit more civilised to me

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
being allowed to spill into Park road will mean people can smoke (unlike inside the stadium)

Had no problems last season
smokin.gif

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Palace won't be kept in at the Amex will they, as we're the only club in the League that encourages fans to hang around afterwards, therefore it would be a pointless exercise.

As for Selhurst, well it's a Saturday at 3pm, so it's not so dramatic being kept behind as when they did it for an evening kick off, resulting in people missing trains.

The only really objectionable factor is being asked to pay £35 for a seat in by far the shittest ground in the entire division. And we think the Amex is pricey?? :ohmy:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Palace won't be kept in at the Amex will they, as we're the only club in the League that encourages fans to hang around afterwards, therefore it would be a pointless exercise.

As for Selhurst, well it's a Saturday at 3pm, so it's not so dramatic being kept behind as when they did it for an evening kick off, resulting in people missing trains.

The only really objectionable factor is being asked to pay £35 for a seat in by far the shittest ground in the entire division. And we think the Amex is pricey?? :ohmy:

Leeds charge a similar price for some away fans but they have CARPET on the floor in the concourse whereas Palace have PISS on the floor.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
We gave Millwall the same.

I would rather see a AW full of Brighton and a superb atmosphere, then a 1/4 full AW and a shit atmosphere. :(

How many does the AW stand hold?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
First time I'll miss our derby match. Not lineing their pockets my my cash. £35? Sod that. anyway, how can they hold away fans back? When I asked last season are palace being held back at ours i was told they aren't allowed anymore and away fans must be let out together with home fans so how comes we're going to be held back at theirs.

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London
First time I'll miss our derby match. Not lineing their pockets my my cash. £35? Sod that. anyway, how can they hold away fans back? When I asked last season are palace being held back at ours i was told they aren't allowed anymore and away fans must be let out together with home fans so how comes we're going to be held back at theirs.

Last year you were "held" in the road by the police station?

The police say they cant hold fans back unless there is a reason to do so, even your fans agreed it would be better to be held back. its a Saturday afternoon trains home will not be such a problem as an evening game, the Police were quite shocked at the fans attitude to being kept in (if you have been going to football for a while it used to be the norm, at certain games it should be expected, only 3 games at Selhurst this year will Police be inside the ground, yours is one of them as I suppose ours is at yours

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
As for Selhurst, well it's a Saturday at 3pm, so it's not so dramatic being kept behind as when they did it for an evening kick off:

Wrong in my case Edna :nono:

After the 0-5 debacle, it took me FOUR hours to get back to Cheshunt in Hertfordshire because of the length of time they kept us in, the slow ponderous walk back to Norwood Junction, being syphoned through the police horses as the station, etc, etc. And if it sounds like I'm being a grumpy old man (despite not even being 40!), then I am over this issue.

After the game was an absolute joke, there was loads of Robo-cops in attendance that day that would have separated the idiots who wanted to scrap. I'm not wasting another fours hours of my life getting back home after a game, its quicker to drive to Leeds than get back home after a Palace match. :down:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Wrong in my case Edna :nono:

After the 0-5 debacle, it took me FOUR hours to get back to Cheshunt in Hertfordshire because of the length of time they kept us in, the slow ponderous walk back to Norwood Junction, being syphoned through the police horses as the station, etc, etc. And if it sounds like I'm being a grumpy old man (despite not even being 40!), then I am over this issue.

After the game was an absolute joke, there was loads of Robo-cops in attendance that day that would have separated the idiots who wanted to scrap. I'm not wasting another fours hours of my life getting back home after a game, its quicker to drive to Leeds than get back home after a Palace match. :down:

10 years ago today!

stonski

Jan 31, 2009
Cowfold
There will also be a meeting at your place about when we come to yours, so we may be kept in and they are looking at trains direct to Falmer, I hope these meeting will allow more in number to travel both ways in the future, it makes for a better atmosphere all round, maybe it will be decided on trust of the fans, go looking for trouble you will find it, come to support your team in numbers, welcome along, being allowed to spill into Park road will mean people can smoke (unlike inside the stadium) and you may have your own stewards with you, by being in the street the concourses (yes they are shit) will not be a crush fest and the "refreshments" may be open to those that want anything, sounds a bit more civilised to me

Being allowed to spill out intoPark Road after the game will be key. If we are held inside then what happened when Millwall were could well happen again. Thought last nights meeting was good and a step in the right direction.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Millwall got the same as us 2600

Daz, what was the reason given for us only getting 2,600?

Personally, I'm giving it a miss this year. Rather give CAFC my hard-earned. I must be getting old, the vitriol holds little appeal. Rivalry, banter absolutely. Hatred, no ta.

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
My piece from TSLR on last season's visit.

Back to the Future. One of my Albion mates, let’s call him Bottle, likes to plot out the parameters of an away trip in some detail. Hotel, pub, Chinese chippy, parking space, chewing gum vendor. No detail left to chance. And grateful the rest of us tag-alongs are too. So when Bottle suggested a hostelry in South Norwood prior to that match, we were willing to trust his judgement. Now my work has taken me all over the country (and beyond) and between studying the transport systems of obscure northern towns, and following the Albion away since the ‘70s, I reckon I have a pretty good urban radar. But my knowledge of the LB of Croydon extends almost exclusively to just the cashpoint outside East Croydon station.
The first “take two” was the Ann Summers factory on the A22 where I’m told staff discounts are generous. It explains why Palarse seem so obsessed about throbbing items from down the road. The second was the South Norwood hostelry. Horse brasses and cartwheels on the walls, blinking fruit machines and a resident local who appeared to genuinely live in the corner behind the fishtank, the pub was unchanged since 1977. Our designated driver enquired for a cup of tea: the barmaid’s response suggested a molotov cocktail was more likely to be forthcoming. As chicken-in-a-basket and black forest gateau were off, they kindly let us bring in fish and chips from across the road, and we settled in to a corner to await the arrival of the locals. A set of excitable dufflecoats who seemed to be plotting a Battleships-A-Thon were superseded by some Neanderthals who slowly realised we were not local. Time to head for the ground.
Seeking out the floodlight pylons and following the strangulated cries of hatred, barking police dogs and the smell of the burger van containing their forefathers all continued the ‘70s theme. A good old-fashioned scrum for the turnstiles, police pat-down and subterranean khasi likewise. How the Arthur Wait stand continues to secure a safety certificate is beyond me. My first ever visit to the AW stand was at the age of 12 when my parents thought it ‘safer’ to go in with the home fans :facepalm: . It hasn’t improved since that day when Swindlehurst got dumped into the advertising hoardings by Andy Rollings just in front of me, and the foundations cracked. Half the seats broken, drinking and smoking in the ground, standing in the aisles and rabid chanting. Oh no, that was just the Directors’ Box.
You know the rest. Two dodgy pens, honour intact and a spare wing mirror for the designated driver. Life on Mars, but not as we know it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think there was palace either side of the crossroads just before the stations so you'd have walked past it.
Only saw a couple of empty plastic bottles lobbed myself.

Was on the Bridge with some of ours lobbing stuff up and theirs lobbing stuff down..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here