Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pakistan flood appeal response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Several governments and aid agencies have been critical as to 'The West,s' response to the recent floods in Pakistan. Overseas government aid seems to be slow and small beer when compared to other appeals i/e Haiti. Maybe being a country that likes to look both ways might be a factor ? :wave:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Can you imagine the out cry in the Islamic world if a priest stood up and said this was gods blessing for there sins.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Several governments and aid agencies have been critical as to 'The West,s' response to the recent floods in Pakistan. Overseas government aid seems to be slow and small beer when compared to other appeals i/e Haiti. Maybe being a country that likes to look both ways might be a factor ? :wave:

Maybe we could send them a few thousand from Leicester and Luton to re-populate the flood hit areas? ???

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt agree with the response ' f*** em ' as per wookie's feeings, after all there are children involved, but i do think that the public's perception of Pakistan as all too ready to stage public burning of british effigies and union jacks with one hand and holding out the begging bowl with the other has something to do with the response or lack of it, also as one other poster has mentioned, they are a nuclear power , perhaps they and india should consider giving up their (costly) nuclear arsenal before asking for financial aid from the west.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not exactly the most popular country so can't really be that much of a surprise that aid is not forthcoming in a huge amount. As said above can't go around proclaiming hatred for the west and (allegedly) turning a blind eye to terrorism and then moaning when they want something.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I wouldnt agree with the response ' f*** em ' as per wookie's feeings, after all there are children involved, but i do think that the public's perception of Pakistan as all too ready to stage public burning of british effigies and union jacks with one hand and holding out the begging bowl with the other has something to do with the response or lack of it, also as one other poster has mentioned, they are a nuclear power , perhaps they and india should consider giving up their (costly) nuclear arsenal before asking for financial aid from the west.

Agreed

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Not exactly the most popular country so can't really be that much of a surprise that aid is not forthcoming in a huge amount. As said above can't go around proclaiming hatred for the west and (allegedly) turning a blind eye to terrorism and then moaning when they want something.

Yep..i think youve nailed it . Looking at the response at local supermarkets and the 'buckets' provided at the checkouts, one can see there is real indifference to this catastrophe

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Seeing as how we see and hear about "bandits" in sind province robbing their fellow citizens blind hear the Taliban threatening to kill any western aid workers they find and instructing the victims not to accept material goods or assistance from the infidels whilst shooting british Doctors just over the border in Afghanistan it aint that surprising.

Just a question to all on here...if you moved to Spain and then heard that Sussex had been devastated by a disaster and all your family and friends were sitting on their roofs starving to death...where would you be? standing outside the supermarket in torre del mar with a bucket or on a plane home with as much food and water and cash as you could fit in your suitcase?

Just asking like.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Hopefully the relief efforts shall increase. Many millions are at risk of disease from the catastrophe.

President Zardari seems to be struggling on all fronts.

It is not our problem - let someone else worry about the world's problems for a change. We have enough of our own and should not waste one £ of our tax payers' money on them. If people wish to give to some charity collecting for them that is up to them.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is not our problem - let someone else worry about the world's problems for a change. We have enough of our own and should not waste one £ of our tax payers' money on them. If people wish to give to some charity collecting for them that is up to them.

Everyone is human, regardless of whether they come from Karachi, Kabul or Kingston-upon-sodding-Thames.

There are some real heartless bastards on here. As someone who lives in a town that flooded just a few years ago and saw friends and colleagues affected, albeit not as severely as the people in Pakistan have been, I sincerely hope you are never found in need of assistance from others.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Everyone is human, regardless of whether they come from Karachi, Kabul or Kingston-upon-sodding-Thames.

There are some real heartless bastards on here. As someone who lives in a town that flooded just a few years ago and saw friends and colleagues affected, albeit not as severely as the people in Pakistan have been, I sincerely hope you are never found in need of assistance from others.

f***ing bleeding hearts!

We gave up our Empire as these people would not accept our rule any longer. So let the fuckers sort out their own crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here