Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pakistan flood appeal response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Why has religion got anything to do with it ?

Absolutely nothing, these are fellow humans who have been seriously affected by a natural disaster, regardless of where they live or their personal circumstances...however, it is easy for Islamophobes to have a dig at Pakistan because the majority of their population is Muslim, thus suggesting that they aren't worthy of our help.

Just proving that it is possible to bring prejudice to any situation, as has happened here with narrow minded and bigoted views.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
[when doing bad]... muslims are ' obliged to help brother muslims ', this always seems to be forgotten when it comes to putting their hand in their pocket though.

as i undersatnd it, wealthy muslims are obliged to pay 10% of the salary to charity, and i gather this is pretty well respected tenent. dont let details or facts bother your prejudice.

Can you explain why the f***ing hell weve given them about £825 million of aid in the past couple of years then ?? Its not as if weve got the money to spare is it ?

well now that is a good question, but then why does the EU give aid to the UK? its part of a cycle, human nature feels compelled to be seen to be altruistic even when not really necessary.

to the main question, i just think its compasion fatigue, nothing more. it was going to happen sooner or later in a recession hit world.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
as i undersatnd it, wealthy muslims are obliged to pay 10% of the salary to charity, and i gather this is pretty well respected tenent. dont let details or facts bother your prejudice.
As i understand it ive never seen planeloads of aid flying in from the likes of saudi, iran, libya or any other oil rich muslim nations, and its silly bollox UK taxpayer shelling out for aid from the british govt, not the wealthy 10 % you quote, but dont let that get in he way of any spurious facts you might like to bring up,however silly you may look.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
well now that is a good question, but then why does the EU give aid to the UK? its part of a cycle, human nature feels compelled to be seen to be altruistic even when not really necessary.
You really should get your head out of your arse, its got nothing to do with cycles and everything to do with do gooding prats from the labour party being free and easy with OUR money, as LB has stated India has the economic strength to look after itself , as well as a costly nuclear arsenal, there are a lot of places and projects that the money could be spent on in Britain , rather than the second fastest growing economy in the world.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Absolutely nothing, these are fellow humans who have been seriously affected by a natural disaster, regardless of where they live or their personal circumstances...however, it is easy for Islamophobes to have a dig at Pakistan because the majority of their population is Muslim, thus suggesting that they aren't worthy of our help.

Just proving that it is possible to bring prejudice to any situation, as has happened here with narrow minded and bigoted views.
Fellow humans we reguarly see burning our flag or effigies of our leaders or denouncing us as the great satan blah blah blah, thats f***ing why people are reluctant to ontribute , no matter how much you'd like it to be some great islamophobe conspiracy.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Is this one of the threads I should stay away from?

Personally I wouldn't help them,because I don't believe they would help me.In fact they would quite possibly dance in the streets if the boot was on the other foot.

Mar 10, 2006

What cos someone has a different view to you they are narrow minded or bigoted. In that case you are a f***ing sappy do gooder

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
It is not our problem - let someone else worry about the world's problems for a change. We have enough of our own and should not waste one £ of our tax payers' money on them. If people wish to give to some charity collecting for them that is up to them.

Agreed. Why the f*** should we be giving them money whilst they are burning the union jacks in the street. And for our goverment to be giving them our tax money is quite frankly ridiculous. Like you said, if the 'do gooder's want to give away their money, let them donate to a charity.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
As i understand it ive never seen planeloads of aid flying in from the likes of saudi, iran, libya or any other oil rich muslim nations, and its silly bollox UK taxpayer shelling out for aid from the british govt, not the wealthy 10 % you quote, but dont let that get in he way of any spurious facts you might like to bring up,however silly you may look.

oh i see, because you havent seen it, then its not happening. or do you base this on research thatthe arab nations have provided no assistance?

You really should get your head out of your arse, its got nothing to do with cycles and everything to do with do gooding prats from the labour party being free and easy with OUR money

maybe you cant comprehend alturism: people give to feel good. nations give to look good and gain prestige. the current government has safe-guarded the international aid budget from cut, so whats it got to do with party politics? we give to India, no doubt they give to other nations (probably some to the UK for the improverished of Shadwell). just like the little lady on a state pension who gives to the RNLI/cat home what ever, while some rich yacht owner who many money selling pet food gives money to help little old ladies on nothing more than the state pension.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
[/B]

What cos someone has a different view to you they are narrow minded or bigoted. In that case you are a f***ing sappy do gooder

If not regarding someone as being inferior because they are a different nationality or religion to me, and thinking that someone who does is narrow minded or bigoted...then yes, guilty as charged, I am a sappy do-gooder!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
My God, how I regret opening this thread. The inhumanity of some of you makes me feel ashamed to be of the same species as you: let alone the same nationality & following the same football team. To think that certain individuals almost seem to rejoice in knowing thousands of defenceless kids, elderly people & women will probably die as a result of this disaster is nothing short an abomination. It's little wonder this message board increasingly finds itself subject to increased scrutiny & threats of legal action. The words in a hand-cart and going to Hell immediately spring to mind. :nono:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Once they stop spending most of their money on arms to combat India people might then take a softer view. They need to look after their own first and wars come 2nd

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
My God, how I regret opening this thread. The inhumanity of some of you makes me feel ashamed to be of the same species as you: let alone the same nationality & following the same football team. To think that certain individuals almost seem to rejoice in knowing thousands of defenceless kids, elderly people & women will probably die as a result of this disaster is nothing short an abomination. It's little wonder this message board increasingly finds itself subject to increased scrutiny & threats of legal action. The words in a hand-cart and going to Hell immediately spring to mind. :nono:

absolutely this.

borat

Jul 16, 2003

Spot on

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
maybe you cant comprehend alturism: people give to feel good. nations give to look good and gain prestige. the current government has safe-guarded the international aid budget from cut, so whats it got to do with party politics? we give to India, no doubt they give to other nations (probably some to the UK for the improverished of Shadwell). just like the little lady on a state pension who gives to the RNLI/cat home what ever, while some rich yacht owner who many money selling pet food gives money to help little old ladies on nothing more than the state pension.

Altruism? I'd call it being taken for a cvnt, India has enough money to develop nuclear weapons, conseqeuntly labour has no business spunking away £825,000,000 of OUR money on India's problems,simple really , but to be honest i think you know that,you just wanted to have one of your sporadic ,sneaky little digs at me.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
but to be honest i think you know that,you just wanted to have one of your sporadic ,sneaky little digs at me.

??? you keeping some sort of record? because im not, i comment on whats said, not who said it. you asked for an explaination, but apparently dont actually want to hear one, just have a rant. enjoy yourself.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Any country that can afford nuclear weapons should be able to look after its people before it creates weapons of mass destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here