Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pakistan flood appeal response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Everyone is human, regardless of whether they come from Karachi, Kabul or Kingston-upon-sodding-Thames.

If the people of Kingston on Thames were harbouring the Taliban and developing nuclear weapons to sabre rattle at India that statement might have some sort of relevance to the reasons some are giving on here for Pakistan being low on the good will list of a lot of people.

The people of Pakistan are not being served well by their own democratically elected officials and most, if not all, of any aid you send will end upgoing to some corrupt army officer or the f***ing taliban.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
f***ing bleeding hearts!

We gave up our Empire as these people would not accept our rule any longer. So let the fuckers sort out their own crap!

I bet you are a font of knowledge on Pakistan and how it came to its present state....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
No, and to be blunt, I do not give a f***! The only thing I recall is that India was divided and the Muslims had Pakistan, and the Hindus India, when British rule was withdrawn.

In a nutshell.

But you missed the bit about them murdering a million of each other in the process.

The media coverage of this disaster should focus on the reasons that the world apparently doesnt give a shit. What reasons could there possibly be for that? Seeing as how the public are apparently voting with their wallets on this one perhaps THAT is the real story.

Even Zardai didnt give a monkeys. He was in the Dorchester with Dave whilst his people were drowning.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Bevendean. Voting with their wallets and THAT is the real story,is a decent line and says it all really.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Would it not be more appropriate for those Islamic states geographically far nearer to Pakistan than us kuffars and unbelievers in the west to provide the assistance. After all if the Saudis have enough money to fund the massive expansion of mosque building throughout Europe to promote their medieval beliefs, it could curtail that and help the Pakistanis out in their hour of need.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Would it not be more appropriate for those Islamic states geographically far nearer to Pakistan than us kuffars and unbelievers in the west to provide the assistance. After all if the Saudis have enough money to fund the massive expansion of mosque building throughout Europe to promote their medieval beliefs, it could curtail that and help the Pakistanis out in their hour of need.

Or perhaps they could spend a bit less on the gold plated Veyrons and Maseratis which are all over Knightsbridge to send some rice and clean water to the Pakistanis.

Like others have said. Pakistan is a country which is prepared to spend billions of dollars developing nuclear weapons and ballistic missile systems to threaten their neighbours instead of, oh I dont know, building some decent infrastructure and healthcare system for her citizens.

Also contrast this with China which has had similarly devastating flooding concurrent with that in Pakistan. The Chinese have refused all wastern assistance as they would see this as admitting a hypocrisy of outward expansion vs. inward neglect.

Mar 10, 2006
Everyone is human, regardless of whether they come from Karachi, Kabul or Kingston-upon-sodding-Thames.

There are some real heartless bastards on here. As someone who lives in a town that flooded just a few years ago and saw friends and colleagues affected, albeit not as severely as the people in Pakistan have been, I sincerely hope you are never found in need of assistance from others.

Yeah alright and how much foreign aid did you and others receive. Like the floods in cumbria late last year when people were pretty much left to fend for themselves after the waters had receeded. Slightest thing happens abroad and we are there and yet over here you get a visit from the PM and royalty and then f*** yer.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There is without a doubt a backlash against Pakistan, Muslims and Islam with this appeal. That is a fact. Is this fair ?. No comment.

sammy g

Or perhaps they could spend a bit less on the gold plated Veyrons and Maseratis which are all over Knightsbridge to send some rice and clean water to the Pakistanis.

Like others have said. Pakistan is a country which is prepared to spend billions of dollars developing nuclear weapons and ballistic missile systems to threaten their neighbours instead of, oh I dont know, building some decent infrastructure and healthcare system for her citizens.

Also contrast this with China which has had similarly devastating flooding concurrent with that in Pakistan. The Chinese have refused all wastern assistance as they would see this as admitting a hypocrisy of outward expansion vs. inward neglect.

I struggle to understand why we should not help fellow human because someone buys a Maserati in Knightsbridge. Is it a law recently passed that I missed?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think a lot of people in the West have compassion fatigue. They pick and choose the numerous charities and disasters they want to support. I also think people may think " Why the f*** can't Bin Laden , a multi millionaire, being safe housed ( or caved ) in Pakistan put his hands in his pocket ". Everytime there is a disaster in the Middle East or Asia it does seem that its always the evils infidels from the West and the USA who are expected to stump up whereas their often wealthy neighbours do and give f*** all.

Just my observation.

Everytime there is a disaster in the Middle East or Asia it does seem that its always the evils infidels from the West and the USA who are expected to stump up whereas their often wealthy neighbours do and give f*** all.

Just my observation.
And quite WRONG in the case of the Indian government's response to the tsunami.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How much did they donate in comparison to the UK public / government ?.

How much did they donate in comparison to the UK public / government ?.
They didn't "donate". They spent.

The 2004 tsunami hit 2,260 miles of the coastline of India. It destroyed 110,000 houses in 876 coastal communities. It affected 3.4 million residents of India, 11,000 of whom died.

The World Bank estimated the damage to India alone at $1.2 billion. The Indian government took on the responsibility for the relief work and the reconstruction work needed. India even contributed $29 million to the development of a US-led tsunami early-warning system for the Indian Ocean.

How was this achieved? From the fact that India has the economic strength to look after itself.

In comparison to the Indian government's commitment to deal itself with $1.2 billion of damage, the UK government and UK charities initially pledged about £100 million (all of which went to countries other than India).

In the case of Pakistan, it is arguable that one of the worst political nightmares that the US government has is the prospect that Pakistan might one day develop the economic independence that India now has.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I struggle to understand why we should not help fellow human because someone buys a Maserati in Knightsbridge. Is it a law recently passed that I missed?
Because I struggle to understand why that whenever it comes to flying a plane into a building or strapping a suicide vest on it seems that muslims are ' obliged to help brother muslims ', this always seems to be forgotten when it comes to putting their hand in their pocket though.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
They didn't "donate". They spent.

The 2004 tsunami hit 2,260 miles of the coastline of India. It destroyed 110,000 houses in 876 coastal communities. It affected 3.4 million residents of India, 11,000 of whom died.

The World Bank estimated the damage to India alone at $1.2 billion. The Indian government took on the responsibility for the relief work and the reconstruction work needed. India even contributed $29 million to the development of a US-led tsunami early-warning system for the Indian Ocean.

How was this achieved? From the fact that India has the economic strength to look after itself.
Can you explain why the f***ing hell weve given them about £825 million of aid in the past couple of years then ?? Its not as if weve got the money to spare is it ?

British minister defends 825m aid to help India's poor | World news | The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here