Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Padded seats at Selhurst.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I'll remember this post when we have sold out every home game of the season.

I think the Alzheimers will have taken hold by then but good luck with that. Seriously though there are no confirmed finances in place for any of this and I really think that given the current and longstanding financial and economic climate you are going to struggle to even secure a fraction of the required cost despite your chairmans bluster and promises. I truly believe you are stuck at the Selhurst cesspit for the forseeable future and that it is going to be the millstone around your necks that will prevent any real progress for Palace in the next 10-15 years. Palace will be left behind by clubs such as the Albion and will become as they have already started to just another minor London club stumbling from crisis to crisis. You will end up on a par with Orient & Brentford - enjoy.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Just the 2 seasons at the athletics stadium if you are lucky, more likely 3.
It will still be a lot nicer than the withdean so interesting to see how the attendances hold up.

(I'm pretending it will actually go ahead, I'm nice like that)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The funny thing is, CPFC2010 will be basing their finances on the model of Brighton. They'll be thinking that if we had 7,000 turn up, and now we fill 25,000, they should be able to go from 11k to 40. So the mugs will probably spend the cash, thinking they'll get it back, then when the fans don't come they'll just go into administration to pay for it. Wankers.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Playing in an athletics track,padded seats,loads of new fans.just 3 things palace fans have laughed at us about.
Wouldn't it be funny if it ever happened to them.

Last edited:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Just the 2 seasons at the athletics stadium if you are lucky, more likely 3.
It will still be a lot nicer than the withdean so interesting to see how the attendances hold up.

(I'm pretending it will actually go ahead, I'm nice like that)

How nice of you. Too much love on this site.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Are you struck by a sense of irony when posting that? Don't get me wrong, I've not got a chip on my shoulder like a lot of Brighton fans do, but that is rather ironic.

Yes it is, but sometimes to go forward you have to go backwards.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Is this really necessary?

<mod: No, it isn't!>

Yes, it is. Who really cares about this? Surely there should be an away fan section for this kind of stuff.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
a shithole with knackered wooden seats or a shithole with a few padded seats........... its still a shithole

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hilarious that a Palace fan feels the need to come on here to announce they are putting in a few padded seats for the Directors, not even for their own fans. That might be front page news in Croydon but to the rest of the footballing world it sums up exactly where they are at. Even Crawley did better than that.

Hilarious that a Palace fan feels the need to come on here to announce they are putting in a few padded seats for the Directors, not even for their own fans. That might be front page news in Croydon but to the rest of the footballing world it sums up exactly where they are at. Even Crawley did better than that.

To be fair, I read it simply as a tounge-in-cheek post, in response to the work currently being done at the Amex.

Red'n'Blue clearly has a sense of humour, something a lot of Albion fans seem to lack.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Supermarket Derby.

Orange kit for us then. :( Grim.
You could have an orange kit to replace your new away kit. I don't mind the home, but your away one is hideous.

To be fair, I read it simply as a tounge-in-cheek post, in response to the work currently being done at the Amex.

Red'n'Blue clearly has a sense of humour, something a lot of Albion fans seem to lack.
Red'n'Blue's sound - isn't like most and constantly go on about 'queers' and anal sex. He's just sharing information and talking to rivals, naught wrong with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here