Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Padded seats at Selhurst.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
A 40,000 Selhurst? Sounds like Darlington all over again. The way Palace are going and the direction they are heading they have absolutely no chance of A.) Ever seeing a modern state of the art 40,000 seat stadium at Selhurst , B.) Ever filling such a stadium. They haven't even figured out how it is going to be paid for, the chairman just keeps coming out with vague claims about money coming from various sources none of which have either currently been confirmed or committed to such a venture. Just a pipe dream IMO and I think they will be festering away at that tip for a few more years to come.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
As do most of the North - but its the thought that counts.

Waste of money IMO. Hopefully we can get these put in.

safe%20standing2.JPG

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, but they didn't own any land. We sir do.

I have no idea on this so it's not meant to be a pisstake. Do you have planning permission and if you don't how easy is obtaining it expected to be?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
A 40,000 Selhurst? Sounds like Darlington all over again. The way Palace are going and the direction they are heading they have absolutely no chance of A.) Ever seeing a modern state of the art 40,000 seat stadium at Selhurst , B.) Ever filling such a stadium. They haven't even figured out how it is going to be paid for, the chairman just keeps coming out with vague claims about money coming from various sources none of which have either currently been confirmed or committed to such a venture. Just a pipe dream IMO and I think they will be festering away at that tip for a few more years to come.

I'll remember this post when we have sold out every home game of the season.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I have no idea on this so it's not meant to be a pisstake. Do you have planning permission and if you don't how easy is obtaining it expected to be?

We don't have planning permission, but it shouldn't be hard to get it. Knocking one stadium down and building another. We should be seeing some plans by late September. Nailed on to be sponsored by Sainsburys.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is the directors getting new seats really something to get excited about?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We don't have planning permission, but it shouldn't be hard to get it. Knocking one stadium down and building another. .

I'd be interested to hear what some of the posters on here who know about such things think about that. I really can't see it being that easy and the timescale seems really short but I know nothing about such things in fairness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here