Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pacific Poker (cash)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I've got to admit I agree with Kaney - I like being able to withdraw any money immediately back into my bank.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Utter madness and the road to financial ruin.

Beach Hut said:
Utter madness and the road to financial ruin.

Well i won't claim to be a great player, but both tournies i played had 40 players. Not bad for a 1st night :cool:
Will never go silly and play for big money though. Only did it for abit of fun, and now i can play a few tournies on my winnings :drink:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Happy Seagull said:
Well i won't claim to be a great player, but both tournies i played had 40 players. Not bad for a 1st night :cool:
Will never go silly and play for big money though. Only did it for abit of fun, and now i can play a few tournies on my winnings :drink:

Fine but have a re-think when you are addicted.

Beach Hut said:

Well i play at work everyday (currently £100up this month), so i wouldn't play online everyday too. I only play small stakes stuff, most i've played for is £10 a game. Doubt i'll lose my life savings anytime soon :)

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Beach Hut said:

I don't smoke and I don't drink, started with a self-imposed limit of £25 a month, but I haven't had to reload in months. I know that it can all go wrong, but I have no intention of exceeding my initial promise of £25 a month for reloads.

I don't doubt that it can be addictive, but so can lots of things. I know people that spend more than this in a fortnight in the Lottery, and their odds are far worse than mine!

Not everyone can win all the time, some people have to lose - I just try and make sure it's not me, and I have controls built in to my play to keep me on track. Most people I know play the same way. I play almost every night unless I hit a bad run, then I walk away for a few nights and do something else. It never takes precedence over family stuff, and I never miss it when I am not playing. It's all about keeping it in proportion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having a reasonable night. Currently chip leader in last 4 in a 35 player tourny - money to top 3.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I played a cheapo $1.50 tournie the other night, 35 players. Came 2nd, winning $10.50 (winner got $17). I was a bit annoyed with meself in the final head-to-head. I had top pair 9's with an Ace kicker. Other guy had pocket J's and slow-played it. Suckered me in, I took the bait and got raped.

Still, good couple of hours entertainment for 85p.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mine was a $1.50 tourny too. Lost it all in two hands within about 3 mins of making that post. Bloody annoyed at myself. Still up on the night though.

How you finding tourny play Easy? It suits my game a lot better - really struggle with a regular sit and leave table mainly as the lower stakes are not 'no limit' and the flexibility that gives me works well.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
has anyone tried signing up a friend and get $50? did this a few days ago but still no sign of any bonus.... the mate i got onto it has also deposited $25 and yet neither of us have seen any sort of cash back.

:(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fletch said:
Mine was a $1.50 tourny too. Lost it all in two hands within about 3 mins of making that post. Bloody annoyed at myself. Still up on the night though.

How you finding tourny play Easy? It suits my game a lot better - really struggle with a regular sit and leave table mainly as the lower stakes are not 'no limit' and the flexibility that gives me works well.
I find it suits a patient game - let the muppets go all-in and knock each other out. I have to be extremely confident of a hand to go anywhere with it, specially all-in obviously. By the same token, its useful to keep a mental note of the bullshitters who try to bully you with nothing - I'll try to call without raising so its not too expensive in case they have actually got something. But unless I've paid a blind, I'll usually fold on about 4 out of 5 hands pre-flop.

Sitting on a 10 player table, its not that hard to get to the final 3 and win some money, its just holding back untill you get a very strong hand. Good fun innit.

Last edited:

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Beach Hut said:

Just because you personally have no self control and get addicted to things doesn't mean the rest of us can not play the same things on a moderate scale and keep things in perspective.

Christ, you can get addicted at Bingo. Would you advise against that?

Easy 10 said:
I find it suits a patient game - let the muppets go all-in and knock each other out. I have to be extremely confident of a hand to go anywhere with it, specially all-in obviously. By the same token, its useful to keep a mental note of the bullshitters who try to bully you with nothing - I'll try to call without raising so its not too expensive in case they have actually got something. But unless I've paid a blind, I'll usually fold on about 4 out of 5 hands pre-flop.

Sitting on a 10 player table, its not that hard to get to the final 3 and win some money, its just holding back untill you get a very strong hand. Good fun innit.

I've gone all in a few times with pocket Jacks and got f***ed everytime :nono: Try to stay away from that hand now. But in the tournament i won last night, my first hand was pocket 10's. Raised up the stakes, then saw 3 others do the same to me. Still assumed i was ahead i re-raised to see if they'd fold. But in turn each of them went all in for 800 chips. As i'd already commited to the pot i thought i'd go for it. Took all 3 down with 4 10's :clap2: Couldn't believe 3 of them went all in first hand without a pocket pair between them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Happy Seagull said:
Btw Easy, you should play the $2.50 tournaments. Those 20 or 40 player games pay much better.

Agree - I like these tournaments and seem to get most success there.

The thing I like about the $1.50 tourny, however, is that it keeps the tables at 7 players as best it can, never goes over. With a few players less it seems to suit my game a bit more - it becomes easier to exert yourself than when you have a fully populated 10 seater.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here